Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, @jebinc

That's weird 3YPlaid. Got any pictures of it not lining up? Mine was replaced last week and is just fine in terms of lining up/wind noise, but I didn't have the grille dent replaced since I was told it required a lot of dash disassembly. Was that true?
you know, they didnt tell me they had to disassemble the dash. I looked over the car and didnt see evidence of that, but I have to look closer. I will take some pics tonight and post them.

Reactions: impastu
Don't have a picture of it, but just close your eyes and imagine yours without a worm!

Or just ask your SC to replace it and they will, looks like they've figured out the issue.
It is 30 seconds job :) taking off the airbag takes 15 seconds and a flat screwdriver, then unplug 2 connectors. Install the new airbag even faster cause after plugging in connectors just click airbag to its place

• Informative
It is 30 seconds job :) taking off the airbag takes 15 seconds and a flat screwdriver, then unplug 2 connectors. Install the new airbag even faster cause after plugging in connectors just click airbag to its place

Hmm. Are you sure? I thought I saw some guide to replacing this sort of thing and you need to disconnect the 12V battery or something. Not experienced/well versed in this at all.

I’m curious, how would you have yours? What sounds better?

I know having it all up isn’t ideal, but just wondering what might be optimum

A general adjustment is a V shape (excluding the sub, of course). Here’s my initial take on it. I also adjusted the sub up to about 2.5 as I recall.

Attachments

• 0F047D64-2BCC-45CB-9652-E43887B92966.jpeg
    0F047D64-2BCC-45CB-9652-E43887B92966.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 91
Hmm. Are you sure? I thought I saw some guide to replacing this sort of thing and you need to disconnect the 12V battery or something. Not experienced/well versed in this at all.
Okay, let's say you need to disconnect 12V which I don't think is the case with Teslas. Will take another 2 minutes?

I did replace the 12V battery at my old X and when I plug it off nothing has changed, or at least I was looking bad 😂