Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am not sure if I read about this in this thread or a different one. I started noticing I am not too comfortable with how the cabin is heated. The HVAC is heating properly as there is very warm air coming out of the vents and the seats and yoke warm up nicely however I am not sure what it is but my legs ro especially thighs on the door side sometime keep feeling cold as if there is a breeze which again I can not confirm. I keep toggling the seat warmer on and off. could it be how the car circulates the cabin air. When I try feeling around the door and under the door to look for the breeze or its source I feel the side of the seat wear the seat controls are is very cold to the touch. Has anyone felt that??
also the windshield wiper auto function sensitivity is not consistent where sometimes I feel it is not working then it comes on. the wipers and the way they function seems clumsy. also the bluetooth calls I hear them clearly however on the otherwise of the call they say they hear 8/10 of what I say. OCuld it be the mic and possiby the HVAC air vent too close???
what do you guys think about the above?

i am not sure if I read about this in this thread or a different one. I started noticing I am not too comfortable with how the cabin is heated. The HVAC is heating properly as there is very warm air coming out of the vents and the seats and yoke warm up nicely however I am not sure what it is but my legs ro especially thighs on the door side sometime keep feeling cold as if there is a breeze which again I can not confirm. I keep toggling the seat warmer on and off. could it be how the car circulates the cabin air. When I try feeling around the door and under the door to look for the breeze or its source I feel the side of the seat wear the seat controls are is very cold to the touch. Has anyone felt that??
also the windshield wiper auto function sensitivity is not consistent where sometimes I feel it is not working then it comes on. the wipers and the way they function seems clumsy. also the bluetooth calls I hear them clearly however on the otherwise of the call they say they hear 8/10 of what I say. OCuld it be the mic and possiby the HVAC air vent too close???
what do you guys think about the above?

Yup, all of the above. There seems to be a leak that lets in cold air.
Auto wipers have been terrible since they got rid of the rain sensor and instead rely on "vision".
Bluetooth on phone calls has always been bad. It's better on Zoom calls, though.

One more thing. so finally I am getting my 19 wheels and AS tires installed tomorrow. I noticed that my yoke is slightly off centered to the left. IS that something I should mention to them in the SC when they install the wheels?? is it something they can easily adjust without having to go through a full blown alignment and or god forbid mess it up even more?

One more thing. so finally I am getting my 19 wheels and AS tires installed tomorrow. I noticed that my yoke is slightly off centered to the left. IS that something I should mention to them in the SC when they install the wheels?? is it something they can easily adjust without having to go through a full blown alignment and or god forbid mess it up even more?
They should fix that. That's annoying. An alignment is not hard.

Do not let up on the yoke issue. Bad enough on a round steering wheel, even more noticeable on a yoke style...
You should not have to do this yourself to troubleshoot your cold air problem but, the door seals at the bottom of your door could be leaking cold air. Try coating one mating surface of the door with Vaseline or some other harmless grease, then close the door to "mark" the other mating surface, then open and look for the transfer. You get the picture?? ALL door gaskets should be compressed when closed... ALSO, have the SC check for tire rub of the suspension wire harness when wheels are removed for your changeover to 19's. The routing and retention of both large and small wires on these cars is unreliable at best!!!

Last edited:
Yes, I had the same issue. Alignment confirmed it and they fixed it. Zero cost. Get them to fix it.

I agree. The quality control needs to improve. We've been saying that for 10 years now.... No one is inspecting these cars after assembly. They are just shoving them out the door. The dealers are maybe looking at them a bit when they prep them for delivery, but not that carefully.

I was interested in Lucid until they said they have a tri-motor version that they aren't selling now... Then I stopped paying attention. I'll check in again when they finally release the fast one.
If this thing sits at service for 31 days, I'm going to lemon law it. What a terribly run company.

If this thing sits at service for 31 days, I'm going to lemon law it. What a terribly run company.
I might blame the problem on them being a public company. The constant bullshit pressure from investors to deliver more cars leads them to cut corners. And then when they finally deliver enough cars, then the investors complain they aren't making enough profit per car... I think they should have converted back to private, if they had a chance.

But, yeah, if they learned from the problems found at SCs and implemented manufacturing changes, we wouldn't have so many problems to fix.

• Disagree
Reactions: onshi
when my car had to be towed the next morning after I took delivery with less that forty miles on it and they had to replace the rear drive unit and inverter I tried to have them return it but they said there is somehting called tesla buy back however it takes a long time to process couple of months and might not get approved for one defect especially if they fixed it, thats when they offered to give me the 19 wheels and tires for winter driving for free

when my car had to be towed the next morning after I took delivery with less that forty miles on it and they had to replace the rear drive unit and inverter I tried to have them return it but they said there is somehting called tesla buy back however it takes a long time to process couple of months and might not get approved for one defect especially if they fixed it, thats when they offered to give me the 19 wheels and tires for winter driving for free
My car has been in service (again!) since December 15, and before then it was in service for 8 days for a replacement high voltage battery pack that was defective from DAY ONE in August, and that I had to FIGHT to get the car into service for replacement (making me leave the car for days for balancing etc etc - all a waste of time, - they finally agreed the pack was defective). And now it's been in service for a further 28 days for safety restraint error, and Service accidentally blew up my front motor inverter while it was there. I mean... it's just ridiculous, on top of all the other issues I've had, as many of you who have been on this journey with me can attest. It was also in for a new windshield (defective), computer rework (completely borked), triangle window replacement, - you name it.

Anyway, they keep pushing back my "Estimated Completion" date every day or two, pushing it back, pushing it back, without a call, without an email, without a text. Really disappointing to spend, including tax, $165k on a car, and to be treated this way. I asked for a buyback a week ago, and we'll see where this goes. I more than meet the threshold of 30 days/nonconformity/Lemon Law. I'm tired of being patient. I'd just like a car. :( My car has been in service nearly 30% of the time I've owned it, and I've only managed to put a little over 2,000 miles on it in those 5 months, because it keeps breaking.

Attachments

• F5CEAC1F-7EE8-4A73-A956-8025C5EEF0C2_1_201_a.jpeg
    F5CEAC1F-7EE8-4A73-A956-8025C5EEF0C2_1_201_a.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
My car has been in service (again!) since December 15, and before then it was in service for 8 days for a replacement high voltage battery pack that was defective from DAY ONE in August, and that I had to FIGHT to get the car into service for replacement (making me leave the car for days for balancing etc etc - all a waste of time, - they finally agreed the pack was defective). And now it's been in service for a further 28 days for safety restraint error, and Service accidentally blew up my front motor inverter while it was there. I mean... it's just ridiculous, on top of all the other issues I've had, as many of you who have been on this journey with me can attest. It was also in for a new windshield (defective), computer rework (completely borked), triangle window replacement, - you name it.

Anyway, they keep pushing back my "Estimated Completion" date every day or two, pushing it back, pushing it back, without a call, without an email, without a text. Really disappointing to spend, including tax, $165k on a car, and to be treated this way. I asked for a buyback a week ago, and we'll see where this goes. I more than meet the threshold of 30 days/nonconformity/Lemon Law. I'm tired of being patient. I'd just like a car. :( My car has been in service nearly 30% of the time I've owned it, and I've only managed to put a little over 2,000 miles on it in those 5 months, because it keeps breaking.

Heck, here's further evidence of my misery - I got my car August 5. Within about 2 weeks of then, I was asking questions about my miserable range. My car has never worked, not once, fully, in 5+ months. That is so sad.

@WilliamG

So sorry you have to endure this BS.😩 It appears you clearly have met your state’s (WA) Lemon 🍋🍋🍋 law 30 day “Repair clock” threshold on this safety issue alone - even though the other repair time counts as well. I do wonder, however, if Tesla can successfully claim “Act of God” (Covid) caused the excessive repair time (supply chain, labor shortage, parts shortages), especially if a sympathetic arbiter is assigned….

Anyone know if “Acts of God” can be used, successfully, to get around the “repair clock” threshold?

@rxlawdude