Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just found a new issue (for my car at least). Had anyone heard this rattle (I think that's the best description) before that seems to be coming from the drive train under hard acceleration?

My LR has the same noise but I don't remember hearing the noise when new. Now it seems more noticeable going uphill.

Figure I'd live with it until I take the car in to service for something else.

Reactions: impastu
Ok that’s a new one. Earlier today I got a green notification
Regenerative breaking temporarily reduced
Will resume again after driving vehicle

Could it have anything to do with me charging my car to 90% for the first time ever. Had been charging to 80%
Preconditioning the battery warms it up and eliminates the "reduced regenerative braking" issue when the temp is <30º and especially when getting down to single digits

This is the reason why the most efficient transfer of torque occurs when the wheel becomes the motor, thereby eliminating the universal or constant velocity joint and it's unintended orbital gyrations under load, influenced by the dynamics of suspension travel...

But at the cost of increased unsprung weight. Not working out well for Aptera...

Reactions: impastu
Well, it looks like the heat pump in the Model S refresh is also susceptible to heating failures like the 3/Y heat pump cars -

FinalGif-16431299979.gif

hvac is blowing warm air for sure there is no doubt since my feet feel warm it is only the side of right thigh and again it could be from feeling the air circulation caused by the hvac. i should drive with hvac off on high way to compare
Just getting to posts here, but I am also experiencing this issue in my MS LR. I originally thought it was a leak from the door, but I'm just wondering if it's cold air sitting near the controls/door well area. It's been my largest gripe with the MS, never felt that in my M3.

Just getting to posts here, but I am also experiencing this issue in my MS LR. I originally thought it was a leak from the door, but I'm just wondering if it's cold air sitting near the controls/door well area. It's been my largest gripe with the MS, never felt that in my M3.
Yeah, I don't feel any cold air circulation there, but it just seems like there's trapped cold air there. Not sure why it would be different than the 3, though.