Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW.. Panel Gaps are some of the worst I have seen. Even the hatch was quite off, Its like they don't even care and no one is checking the cars.

20220212_141924.jpg

Attachments

• 20220212_141924.jpg
    20220212_141924.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 87
Picked mine up a week ago and just got updated to 2021.43.201 last night. ( Delivered with 2021.43.101.2 )
I picked up my '22 MS-LR on 2/12 and it was also running 2021.43.101.2. As of about 2 hours ago, it updated to 2021.43.201. I bet we'll get 2022.x.x in a couple weeks. That said, my MS is having all sorts of software bugs. My SiriusXM app will frequently just disappear and after about 15m of driving, reappear. I have a service appt. scheduled for mar 8 so assuming I don't see improvements by then they'll be working to resolve.

Plaid is build quality is disaster, found, in addition to discovered on delivery:
- Yoke buzz! I though it is air in vent make noise, but when I get close to left side of yoke - no doubt, noise come from yoke.Very nasty noise. Sounds like transformer is shaking.
- Hatch is off, same as here 2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

Only 700 miles, waiting for vibration issue under acceleration.
In general, car is far far from perfect, frustrated.

IMO Tesla production sucks, tesla service is sucks too.

Plaid is build quality is disaster, found, in addition to discovered on delivery:
- Yoke buzz! I though it is air in vent make noise, but when I get close to left side of yoke - no doubt, noise come from yoke.Very nasty noise. Sounds like transformer is shaking.
- Hatch is off, same as here 2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

Only 700 miles, waiting for vibration issue under acceleration.
In general, car is far far from perfect, frustrated.

IMO Tesla production sucks, tesla service is sucks too.
The strange part of the yoke noise is that when you first get in the car in the morning, the noise won't be there. You can drive the car and it won't show up until you hit a button.

I picked up my '22 MS-LR on 2/12 and it was also running 2021.43.101.2. As of about 2 hours ago, it updated to 2021.43.201. I bet we'll get 2022.x.x in a couple weeks. That said, my MS is having all sorts of software bugs. My SiriusXM app will frequently just disappear and after about 15m of driving, reappear. I have a service appt. scheduled for mar 8 so assuming I don't see improvements by then they'll be working to resolve.
It gets better in the newer software releases. I haven't had the app disappear in a while but instead just won't tune the station I want. It may be a reception issue. Sometimes when I get in it starts playing FM or an Internet station instead even though it was XM when I left.

Damn, looks like I am no longer special... lol.

While at it, can you do me a favor?

1) get inside the S, close the door. press the left/right signal on the yoke, then cancel it. And now see if you can hear a buzz coming from the left side of the yoke.
2) put your ear right below the bottom right corner of the 17" screen, and see if you hear a humming/buzz coming from that region?
I ran your test - yep, buzz just as you describe. No buzz from the 17" screen, though. I'm on 2021.44.30.10.

Reactions: paulchou
I ran your test - yep, buzz just as you describe. No buzz from the 17" screen, though. I'm on 2021.44.30.10.
I have never heard the buzz in my yoke.
September’21 build Plaid MS.
Just ran the test and absolutely silent.

I have seen the erratically flickering icons a number of times. First time I brought it in, early on, they “reset the module “
At that time they told me if the flickering reoccurred that they would replace the yoke.
I did report reoccurrence and they ordered me a new yoke as a “proactive measure”
My car was in service today and they had planned to install the new yoke while my car was in getting a service bulletin part replacement. Frunk wake-up wire.
I feared that I would get a yoke that would have the buzz, so I asked them not to replace it and I felt confident that the flickering would eventually get resolved via a firmware update . They were fine with that.

Here’s the work that was done on the recall or service bulletin whatever it was.…
Description Of Work
Concern: Retrofit Hydraulic Control Unit Wake-Up Wire performed retrofit for HCU , verified proper operation
Correction: Retrofit HCU Wake-Up Wire
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
ASY,HARN,FRUNK SWITCH 1.00 GND,OVERLAY,MS(1731861-
00-A)

Reactions: paulchou
Missing TikTok still after the 2021.43.201 update… only driven 70 miles in a snow storm, been locked in my garage till the weather isn’t so nasty here in Detroit. Took delivery while it was snowing and missed a few paint issues, hoping they can be fixed.

Mine arrived with no noticeable panel gaps, paint was also perfect as far as I could see. It even included all floor mats, trunk covers and all other accessories.

Two minor issues found at delivery. Driver’s side vanity mirror light didn’t work, fixed on-site. There was also a ding in the wood trim above the glove compartment. Service tick entered to replace it.

Since then the only other problem I’ve found is that the light in the bottom storage compartment in the center console goes off when the sliding door is completely open. Otherwise everything is great.

Since then the only other problem I’ve found is that the light in the bottom storage compartment in the center console goes off when the sliding door is completely open. Otherwise everything is great.
Common issue.