Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you just do the clear bra, can you visible tell a difference from the rest of the car that is not protected? Does it look different as the car starts to get dirty?

Not unless you do something short sighted like doing half the hood. If you do full panels, no. The technology of the glue is really good now and does not yellow.

Reactions: brunla and cwanja
yes they do saw some pics.

It's called a dead pedal. :D

And I think I saw a picture of the driver's side footwell and yes, the floor mat covered the dead pedal.
Not sure how much I like that. It will prevent dirt, sand and rocks from collecting at the seam of the carpet. Hmm. Oh well, that will be the littlest thing I care about in the car.

Is the Model S really prone to paint chipping? I have an SUV now, so no issue there. Had other sedans in the past as well and no issues. But on this thread everyone is running to do PPF immediately.
I can only share my experience, 143,000 mostly highway miles and only a few tiny paint chips they you have to really be looking for to see. No PPF. Probably helps my 2015 P85D was grey. I did religiously avoid following trucks or anything that looked like it might shed debris as I followed so that probably helped.

Yes do a coating immediately. Friend of mine has an Opticoat - The ULTIMATE™ in Ceramic Protection business where I live. He has coated more than 500 Telsas, including mine. Black by far is the worst color in terms of paint quality according to him.

Just an FYI, since you responded to a post regarding thin paint. Ceramic coating does nothing for actually protecting your paint. It will save you from scratches and swirls while washing since dirt will not adhere less easily. But as far as an actual protection, only PPF will help with that.

Is the Model S really prone to paint chipping? I have an SUV now, so no issue there. Had other sedans in the past as well and no issues. But on this thread everyone is running to do PPF immediately.
Any car is, Tesla paint is no thinner it seems than other manufacturers in reality, there ware some vids on youtube that do measurements. It really depends on your driving - if in a lot of high speed traffic, more roads prone to rocks/little debris upkick, if you follow behind cars closer, etc.

It just seems that Tesla owners, all models, a lot of them rush out for PPF as they really are protective of their cars or pride/want them to keep looking good.

I've never done it and while have gotten chips here and there, been fine. Chips will show a bit more on colors like white if the paint chips down versus grey/blue even, etc.

one video compare, can jump to 6:20 ->

For those who have accepted delivery, can you please look under the driver side dash (footwell, above your knees) and see if there is an OBD port there? All of my Model S's have had one, but my wife's Model 3 does not. I want to use it for access to power.