Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking of doing front PPF but was told that they would have to detach the cameras to ensure a fit. That ground me to a halt as I don't want to risk faulty replacement of the cameras. For now, I'm scheduled for tinting and ceramic coat.
Err. Get a second opinion. They should be able to cut it out and apply without taking the cameras out.

Ha! Kinda horrible video I know! Its crazy quick and I didnt prime it all the way...
They are / have been asking in the Model S delivery thread for one. But I have a feeling you are going to hammered on the potato video and not using a draggy. I could not care less, and greatly appreciate the video! But if you are up to handling the internet, post it over in the other thread

Why? Just curious
Personally, just hate the khaki color to it. Have never liked it, on cars or clothes for that matter. At one point, I was going to pay Honda to swap seats from one model to another just to get rid of the cream / khaki colored seats.

Again, totally my own opinion and preference. I will never fault someone for getting it and love it. Everyone's preference is different :)

Reactions: FrenchB4
Is the Model S really prone to paint chipping? I have an SUV now, so no issue there. Had other sedans in the past as well and no issues. But on this thread everyone is running to do PPF immediately.
With the sloped hood of the MS, stones are more easily thrown onto the hood from passing vehicles, especially on highways. I have had PPF on my MS for past 4 yrs & it has saved the hood from getting damaged many times.

Reactions: cwanja
Ha! Kinda horrible video I know! Its crazy quick and I didnt prime it all the way...

Awesome! So my very un-scientific hand timing at 1/4 speed gave me 13.48 seconds/4= 3.37. Definitely seems plausible that the car can do quoted 3.1 without rollout. Cant wait to see a 1/4 mile time or two & trap speed.

3.37 without priming it all the way is great. I bet 3.0-3.1 is def possible without roll out and faster with roll out. Thanks again for the vid, you are the first to post!

Picked up my LR last night. Here are a quick few things I feel so far.
1. The yoke is cool. Love that it allows unobstructed view of the screen.
2. Steering into a turn is no issue at all. It’s coming out of the turn is super awkward.
3. turn signals will take awhile to get used to. Defiantly fumbled around with them.
4. interior is amazing. I had a 2017 S and this interior blows it away. Both fit and finish and quality.
5. It’s crazy fast.
6. I thought I hated the wood details but in person it’s actually not bad looking at all.
6. haven’t calibrated full self driving or auto shift yet. But shifting from the screen is a breeze. Actually seems easier than a stalk.
6. sound system is good.
7. white interior is super bright and stunning. My last S was black interior and glad I went white.

I’ll keep adding as I discover more
Awesome, great feedback, thanks.

3.37 without priming it all the way is great. I bet 3.0-3.1 is def possible without roll out and faster with roll out. Thanks again for the vid, you are the first to post!
Yep I am very happy with that time! Especially given there were 2 people in the car + not all the way prepped + driver stated he was being cautious.

and yes, thank you so much for posting JJperron!

Personally, just hate the khaki color to it. Have never liked it, on cars or clothes for that matter. At one point, I was going to pay Honda to swap seats from one model to another just to get rid of the cream / khaki colored seats.

Again, totally my own opinion and preference. I will never fault someone for getting it and love it. Everyone's preference is different :)
Right. That is why there are 31 flavors of ice cream.

Reactions: FrenchB4 and cwanja
Picked up my LR last night. Here are a quick few things I feel so far.
1. The yoke is cool. Love that it allows unobstructed view of the screen.
2. Steering into a turn is no issue at all. It’s coming out of the turn is super awkward.
3. turn signals will take awhile to get used to. Defiantly fumbled around with them.
4. interior is amazing. I had a 2017 S and this interior blows it away. Both fit and finish and quality.
5. It’s crazy fast.
6. I thought I hated the wood details but in person it’s actually not bad looking at all.
6. haven’t calibrated full self driving or auto shift yet. But shifting from the screen is a breeze. Actually seems easier than a stalk.
6. sound system is good.
7. white interior is super bright and stunning. My last S was black interior and glad I went white.

I’ll keep adding as I discover more
White interior that’s good to hear. Enjoy

I know there are a lot of PPF options, but what would the average cost be for front and full hood?
From an experienced installer..I would say between $1500-2000. I used to live in LA and my friend had his RS5 done by someone and he was impressed how meticulous the guy was. If you’re interested, I can try to find his contact info for you. Unfortunately my friend passed away years ago but I can dig through my old messages to try to find it

I think you have to upload it to youtube and post the link.
I was thinking of doing front PPF but was told that they would have to detach the cameras to ensure a fit. That ground me to a halt as I don't want to risk faulty replacement of the cameras. For now, I'm scheduled for tinting and ceramic coat.
Had ceramic coating & then PPF done on my 2017 MS. They didn’t remove the cameras to apply the PPF & it still looks good.

Reactions: cwanja