Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have zero doubt that the first few batches of 19s will all go to Plaid RNs.
No doubt. Last night I caved and put in an order for a Plaid with 19s. Pretty sure that will get a VIN before my January LR order. Right now it’s showing an EDD of July while my six month old LR order is blank.

Attachments

• E3B5E89D-B147-4CF1-A0AD-300707ACD106.jpeg
    E3B5E89D-B147-4CF1-A0AD-300707ACD106.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 83
Yes, I still have 19’s! I won’t change with the road conditions in Ma!
I agree with lousy roads in MA and won't change from 19's. Due to homes in MA & FL, my Jan order for LR is in FL to save on insurance. It's difficult to share one car with wifey, but maybe extra delivery time allows for passage of $7500+ federal tax rebate. Let's pray for factory to run out of one Plaid part so 19" wheels are allocated to LR's before 2022.

Well it happened.

Delivery was a decidedly straightforward affair. No drama, and strangely, almost no words.

All I can do is just echo what everyone else has said:

-Fit and finish is better than expected, but maaaybe could use a little more attention. My trunk is maybe 1mm lower on the driver side, and some of the wood trim feels a little rough. Photos attached. Will try and get that rectified. I am not one to obsess about millimeters though. The biggest issue I have is my driver’s side mirror vibrates a good amount. Will have a service call for that.

-Yoke is gonna take some getting used to. I definitely grabbed the nonexistent top of the wheel. But I feel i’ll be fine in a couple days.

-Acceleration is wooooooooow. I’ve only put it in sport, and coming from an Acura it’s.. an entirely different kind of machine. You literally are at 90 without knowing it.

-The car is QUIET. Even without the ANC.

-It feels a lot nicer than the last gen. We drove my brother’s 2018 Raven to pick it up, and honestly the interior comparison is night and day.
Congratulations!s great

What are the odds of Tesla offering a free upgrade to 21” Arachnids during the next EOQ?

They have done it with paint and interior colors on the past. I’m wondering if they will have a large enough backlog of 19” orders and have exhausted 21” reservations by that point.

I would not say zero, but I would not say it is a great chance. There were varying reports of users here getting an offer to take 21s to take delivery by EoQ.

I would not say zero, but I would not say it is a great chance. There were varying reports of users here getting an offer to take 21s to take delivery by EoQ.
zero. 19 production will be huge by end of Q3. In fact, just talked to my local SA, and he is being told that S production is kicking into high gear right now. I expect a lot of us with 19s will be getting VINs very soon.

zero. 19 production will be huge by end of Q3. In fact, just talked to my local SA, and he is being told that S production is kicking into high gear right now. I expect a lot of us with 19s will be getting VINs very soon.
PS. The guy I spoke with delivered my first model S to me 4 years ago. He has been with Tesla for eight years and knows the way they operate. So I was encouraged by his comments.

Reactions: cwanja
PS. The guy I spoke with delivered my first model S to me 4 years ago. He has been with Tesla for eight years and knows the way they operate. So I was encouraged by his comments.
Did you ask about the silver vs gray 19s?

My SA indicated everyone would get the darker gray. But he’s newer & I don’t trust that comment one bit from him.

Fair points. Definitely the relationship with your SA goes a long way to the quality of information they share.

Did you ask about the silver vs gray 19s?

My SA indicated everyone would get the darker gray. But he’s newer & I don’t trust that comment one bit from him.
I do not think they are delivering silver tempest wheels at all. For whatever reason - wrong size, quality, color, whatever. We have seen one parked at a service center (no clue if it is Plaid or LR) and if they were delivering cars with silver wheels it would be delivered.

Reactions: foos
Ordered my MSLR White/Black/19 on 7/3 - RN1152 - October Delivery Estimate

I was seeing the comments about switching to 21's and considered it until I realized I was WAYYYYY down on the list...I'm just gonna have to 'try to be' patient. I believe my idea of patience is similar to many...refresh every page that I'm monitoring every 5 minutes to look for updates.

I'm glad I'm not alone. My wife also has car on order, but she doesn't really care when it comes in...must be nice.

Reactions: Ormond and cwanja