Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For others tracking, here's my information: RN1153 ordered 7/14/2021, MSLR/White/Cream/19", after ordering showed October delivery, went blank all last week and back to October earlier today. Delivery pickup location Kansas City.

Looking at the Tesla announced Q2 production numbers:
2,340 Model S/X (180 week, 25 day, 1.07 hour)
204,081 Model 3/Y (15,698 week, 2,243 day, 93.44 hour)

Production of the Model S/X is very slow relative to M3/Y or other issues slowing production down. Hopefully Q3 will pick up the build rate for everyone waiting.

Production of the Model S/X is very slow relative to M3/Y or other issues slowing production down. Hopefully Q3 will pick up the build rate for everyone waiting.
You also cherry picked a quarter where they ramped up production though. And are doing a refresh. And only started delivering vehicles in June. So lots going against Tesla comparison the models for Q2.

But also look historically, S and X line has never been the bread and butter of Tesla since the 3 and Y were ramped up. S and X are built to spec, where 3 and Y are built in large batches and just rolled out when they roll out.

Reactions: hcdavis3
You also cherry picked a quarter where they ramped up production though. And are doing a refresh. And only started delivering vehicles in June. So lots going against Tesla comparison the models for Q2.

But also look historically, S and X line has never been the bread and butter of Tesla since the 3 and Y were ramped up. S and X are built to spec, where 3 and Y are built in large batches and just rolled out when they roll out.
uhh...lets also not forget global parts shortages affecting all car makers...

Reactions: cwanja
While I am not holding my breath, my EDD just changed from Blank to August. I enjoyed a moment of excitement. LR 19" ordered 4/4/21.
Also ordered 4/4 LR 19”. Delivery status has never been anything but blank, but glad you got an August. Gives me hope. “Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies”

Last edited:
Well I’m January, RN11441 and blank since mid-May so put me in the “monkey having some fun” camp. The 19” wheel struggle is real people!
It’s time for them to start making the LR blue/ cream config. There are at least 5 of us on this thread with the same combo with early 2021 dates in addition to those who aren’t in TMC. Stop with the monkey shenanigans 😕

This LR Delivery Tracking thread is starting to resemble the larger Model S Delivery Update thread 😳

I'm not looking for a dormant thread with no posts, but really, repeated "Mine is Blank today" and "Monkey put me in October" posts are not very helpful for those checking in for "real" updates, such as I have a VIN and here is my order date and configuration; or posting pictures from delivery.

Rant over/carry on

This LR Delivery Tracking thread is starting to resemble the larger Model S Delivery Update thread 😳

I'm not looking for a dormant thread with no posts, but really, repeated "Mine is Blank today" and "Monkey put me in October" posts are not very helpful for those checking in for "real" updates, such as I have a VIN and here is my order date and configuration; or posting pictures from delivery.

Rant over/carry on
I mean, that’s probably indicative of the fact that there is no real news to share other than EDD at the moment. Seems as though deliveries have slowed to a trickle.

Rant over/carry on
This guy gets it