Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a MSLR White exterior/White interior/19 on 7/15. Delivery Advisor said there‘s a shortage of white interior and 19 wheels so today I called him to change it to a White exterior /Black interior/21 spec. This guy changes it to black exterior leaves the white interior and adds the 21 inch wheels. Literally getting booted out of the line for fun when he is the one who first mentioned the shortages. haven’t had a car for 2 weeks I don’t even want to know how y’all have been doing this for months.
I bet if you try to call him back you we’ll never reach him again. I called two people in Burbank last week who were supposed to call me back. They never did. I’m not sure they could tell me anything that wouldn’t infuriate me. There is a “parts shortage” of white seats and (standard) 19 inch wheels for a car I bought in January that Tesla said it would deliver in February/March? How is that even possible absent gross incompetence? While I personally think the February/March representation was simply a total lie, if it was truthful then Tesla must have either had the 19 inch wheels and white seats at that time or thought they would arrive in a matter of weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danlbrau
Ordered a MSLR White exterior/White interior/19 on 7/15. Delivery Advisor said there‘s a shortage of white interior and 19 wheels so today I called him to change it to a White exterior /Black interior/21 spec. This guy changes it to black exterior leaves the white interior and adds the 21 inch wheels. Literally getting booted out of the line for fun when he is the one who first mentioned the shortages. haven’t had a car for 2 weeks I don’t even want to know how y’all have been doing this for months.
You know how to change your configuration on your own right? The link to use - if not we can provide.

I hope that you enjoy your new S and drive it in good health! :) I looked at a Cayenne Coupe with upgraded leather and the front seats were so very comfortable. There’s an advantage to working with a Porsche dealership—the snacks are excellent!
View attachment 691535
View attachment 691537
As F---ed up as this process has been, I personally am not taking a step back into ICE land. I'm sure Henry Ford caught $h%t for the model T and had a few T order holders cancel and buy a horse and buggy instead....

I bet if you try to call him back you we’ll never reach him again. I called two people in Burbank last week who were supposed to call me back. They never did. I’m not sure they could tell me anything that wouldn’t infuriate me. There is a “parts shortage” of white seats and (standard) 19 inch wheels for a car I bought in January that Tesla said it would deliver in February/March? How is that even possible absent gross incompetence? While I personally think the February/March representation was simply a total lie, if it was truthful then Tesla must have either had the 19 inch wheels and white seats at that time or thought they would arrive in a matter of weeks.
Burbank is the worst for communication. Never return calls or reply to texts. I have called the Pasadena store and they are much more helpful.

Reactions: Danlbrau
Get used to it. I've had a VIN for two weeks; dates have gone from 8/3-8/6 to 8/11-8/14 and now 8/15-8/18. My SA confirmed with Tesla logistics this morning that my car is still sitting at the factory.
I also live in Indianapolis. Just got VIN yesterday (white/cream/21/no FSD) and my EDD is 8/12-8/18. Who have you been in touch with at the Castleton location? Don’t want to finalize finances until I get closer to the date as I know it will likely get delayed.

every manufacturer is encountering delays on parts...this isnt only Tesla...

Bummer

So Tesla (call came from Fremont, CA) just gave me a call about my lease return on my Model 3 (lease end date is this month) and they were looking into my profile and stated they see my RN in the system for the Model S but estimated delivery shows December to January (They said they can see further into the system and thus the reason why the EDD changed from October to Blank)

:|

Order date Jun 14 RN1151 for Blue/White 19's

They stated there's a small chance it could still be delivered by October but System is showing Dec/Jan delivery now and (supposedly should update for everyone soon)

a new tesla LR delivery is estimated delivery feb-march, hope thats a glitch.

1628016504487.png