Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exact same thing happened to me. Waited about six months for Tesla Solar to start work on my solar roof, and before they began was presented with a $42k contract vs. the $28k in their initial estimate. Also power production dropped 30%. I swear if I had t had such a good experience with my prior Model S I’d have walked from my current order months ago. Shady as hell business practices from every company under the Tesla umbrella.
I avoided the solar follies. I am building a new corporate building that will have 420kW of bifacial panels on the roof. Being a new fanboy I had the team look seriously at Tesla but they were all but non-responsive. It was a harbinger of what was to follow so we waived off.....

Reactions: Pdubs and Danlbrau
The most aero wheels are those with full covers, which you see only for special purposes, like at Bonneville. As you open the wheel up, it will become less aero. One effect may be allowing air to pass through, messing up the entire car's airflow, or something like a pumping loss. Aerodynamics is full of weird stuff; I'm just musing about this effect. More easily understood, however, are the spokes beating on the air. Keep in mind that the upper spokes are traveling nearly twice as fast as the car, inflicting the nasty squared relationship of drag versus velocity, and it gets worse as the spokes get longer.

For nerds only: While I was waiting for my Model 3, I created a model for it, derived from my bikecalculator web page. To play, just add /tesla to the URL. (I probably can't add links yet, but I'll try: bikecalculator.com/tesla)

Reactions: Danlbrau
I'm NOT a smart man (FACT); I'll keep it simple. My opinion for me - S 19s - FUGLY!! S 21s - Arachnids & Michelin's ( I LIKE). ALL things considered, I am happy with my decision (for me); no regrets. Happy Hour Time now (somewhere). Later...
Now this IS a smart man. He knows what he wants and is happy with his decision. And is ready for a cocktail. If only all my decisions worked out that way! 😂

We were at the Service Center in Superior, CO yesterday and noticed a couple LR S with the silver aero covers. One car had silver wheels underneath the aero covers and the other had the dark grey wheels. Both had kittens on the Monroney stickers and at least one sticker had the word "Test" on it, so maybe these cars are for test drives.
Sandlot cars!

Reactions: Danlbrau
Hi, New member here from Vancouver BC. I had a EDD of September which went blank over the weekend. I spoke to my SA and he informed me that I should now expect Feb / March and that Tesla will shortly be releasing an announcement outlining the issues and delays. After what I have read here I wont hold my breath for that. I'm hoping that this is another speculation from my SA manager.

For info, MS LR white 21" Black interior FSD. RN114957296. Ordered late May.

I can't wait! There must be a good-faith explanation for why Tesla was a year off in its estimate of when it would deliver me a car that was already in production back in January, according to Elon Musk.

Reactions: donandersonjr
I can't wait! There must be a good-faith explanation for why Tesla was a year off in its estimate of when it would deliver me a car that was already in production back in January, according to Elon Musk.
wonder what it could be...perhaps the global shortage of computer chips coupled with a recovering economy, low interest rates etc boosting demand? Can it be? What a mystery...

The most aero wheels are those with full covers, which you see only for special purposes, like at Bonneville. As you open the wheel up, it will become less aero. One effect may be allowing air to pass through, messing up the entire car's airflow, or something like a pumping loss. Aerodynamics is full of weird stuff; I'm just musing about this effect. More easily understood, however, are the spokes beating on the air. Keep in mind that the upper spokes are traveling nearly twice as fast as the car, inflicting the nasty squared relationship of drag versus velocity, and it gets worse as the spokes get longer.

For nerds only: While I was waiting for my Model 3, I created a model for it, derived from my bikecalculator web page. To play, just add /tesla to the URL. (I probably can't add links yet, but I'll try: bikecalculator.com/tesla)
confused.gif

Now this IS a smart man. He knows what he wants and is happy with his decision. And is ready for a cocktail. If only all my decisions worked out that way! 😂
Knowing what you want. Because of this, I just now noticed that if I’d have gone with any color besides white, it’d have come at a premium. Ordered 6/27. MS LR White/Black 19”. But seriously, what sane person would want any other color in Florida?

Also bought solar for the house. Didn’t go with Tesla, but did get two power walls. Dumped the E350 but the wife wouldn’t part with her Boxster. Imagine she will after she drives the Eloninator.

I’m at the point I think fossil fuels should stay in the ground. Couple more years and I’m dumping the RV 6 and going this route. https://www.pipistrel-usa.com/alpha-electro/#technical_data…when they go faster than a glider.

Kind of wishing Elon would get into GA more, but Mars is pretty cool too I guess.

edit; save for those weirdos in SoFlo who like red plaids. 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: Fabio and Danlbrau
Knowing what you want. Because of this, I just now noticed that if I’d have gone with any color besides white, it’d have come at a premium. Ordered 6/27. MS LR White/Black 19”. But seriously, what sane person would want any other color in Florida?

Also bought solar for the house. Didn’t go with Tesla, but did get two power walls. Dumped the E350 but the wife wouldn’t part with her Boxster. Imagine she will after she drives the Eloninator.

I’m at the point I think fossil fuels should stay in the ground. Couple more years and I’m dumping the RV 6 and going this route. https://www.pipistrel-usa.com/alpha-electro/#technical_data…when they go faster than a glider.

Kind of wishing Elon would get into GA more, but Mars is pretty cool too I guess.

edit; save for those weirdos in SoFlo who like red plaids. 😀
Dunno about that…. going from the reliability of dino power to a battery seems a lot further off than a couple years 🥴 and talk about battery meter anxiety ! The RV6 is a nice ride. Looking to build a 10 when I retire in 2 years.

Reactions: Pdubs
Dunno about that…. going from the reliability of dino power to a battery seems a lot further off than a couple years 🥴 and talk about battery meter anxiety ! The RV6 is a nice ride. Looking to build a 10 when I retire in 2 years.
Love the 10! Fast, agile and enough room for the dogs. (I’d pull the back seats out lol)

You’re right about the battery meter anxiety, but with a 14/1 glide ratio, it’s all relative.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Got tired of reading about tire justifications lol.

Hey man can you share my contact information with your SA? if you don‘t want the black on black of course. This is my build.
SA called me right now about a car ready for me…. No white interior though… should I take it or wait for the white on white? This one is a black on Black with 21 wheels….