Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is probably the first thing you did, but did you pull the tab on the back of the fobs to activate them?
One more thing. My card keys don’t work either. I thought they did, but when I tried to get into the car with just them and not my phone, they couldn’t open it. Makes sense, because if I got the wrong fobs it’s likely the card keys wouldn’t be correct either.

day 4 with the LR here...and i find the yoke superior to the round wheel. i love turning with it , love the buttons over stalks, cruising straight is easier thanks to the width, etc etc..and i'm in my mid 50's.

when i read negative stories i feel like its fake news

Keep in mind. I have been checking source code and there was never a vin there up until today and it actually shows it on the page not the source code.
Do you mean on the dashboard? What is source code? I have EDD 9/21-9/30. Yeah, today. No VIN, no nothing. They changed my pickup location so the SA I spoke to before is hasta la vista. RN1147 ordered 4/4/21 MS LR as well.

The only thing that has me hopeful about this new EDD date is my Tesla app changed from showing "No account / Join the mission" to now showing my car. No VIN or anything but it does have my RN1144 number and links about the order process. Have you all noticed the same?

Yes, I religiously check that also in addition to the order page haha ...
That app change has zero effect on the estimated delivery of your car. The app was updated to now show reservations, in addition to you delivered vehicles, within the app. People with Cybertruck and Roadster orders are also seeing their reservations. They are no closer to delivering those vehicles now than they were before the application showed them.

One more thing. My card keys don’t work either. I thought they did, but when I tried to get into the car with just them and not my phone, they couldn’t open it. Makes sense, because if I got the wrong fobs it’s likely the card keys wouldn’t be correct either.
That is really frustrating. Sorry. It may be as simple as Tesla activating them on their end. Impossible to reach someone though. Hopefully, it is fixed soon.

Somewhere upthread, or maybe in another one of the endless tracking threads, somebody explained how to change financing in an active order. I am currently approved through Tesla, and want to change to my own. They reported they called Tesla and reset it or something. I just tried calling, but when through voicemail hell and gave up. I emailed an SA that helped me in the past (I do not know exactly who is my SA now). Any tips?

Go to SC in person, Email the SC main email. Keep calling. Any salesperson should be able to change it on their end.
I went to the SC in person. Took them just a few seconds to fix it.

Reactions: LiveSai
The only thing that has me hopeful about this new EDD date is my Tesla app changed from showing "No account / Join the mission" to now showing my car. No VIN or anything but it does have my RN1144 number and links about the order process. Have you all noticed the same?

I haven't ever looked in the app before. I logged in to it just now and I'm showing a Model S and says manage order in your Tesla account. is that new or was always there?

Reactions: DCland21
I haven't ever looked in the app before. I logged in to it just now and I'm showing a Model S and says manage order in your Tesla account. is that new or was always there?
That was new for me. Up until a week ago, I was logged in but it said something like "no products / join the mission" and just the Tesla logo. It had been that ever since I first downloaded back in the Spring.

Just wanted to vent a bit.

Ordered msm with white interior and 19s in mid May. Rn1149. EDD was Sept. for most of the summer and then the apology email came and date shifted to oct-nov

Last week i woke up to an updated EDD of Sept.20-Sept.30. I immediatly refreshed my loan and called SC in Fremont to get a better idea of timeline. I was told the vehicle is build phase and should be good to go by end of month or early October.

Unfortunately, today i woke up to new EDD of Nov.29- Dec.19

How in hell does it fluctuate by that much!?
I had similar experience and I’m in the Bay Area. Had 9/17 - 9/30 EDD that changed over the weekend to late October - November but on Monday, it jumped back to 9/21 - 9/30. Hang in there, perhaps your edd will snap back as well but who knows what the real date will be.

New, as of a few weeks ago. You can now "see" your reservations in the app. Clicking manages just launches your devices web browser and takes you to the Tesla Account page.

Reactions: DCland21

That changed with a recent update to the app. It doesn't affect your delivery date, but it sure is fun to look at. It has a pretty picture of my car, should they ever get around to building it. I think it may also make finalizing the purchase easier. You might be able to do everything through the app. In the meantime, sit back, relax and enjoy the blinking lights.

Reactions: DCland21 and cwanja
That's really weird. Did they give you someone else's card and fob package? How did you set up your phone to the car on oickup? I thought you had to have the card in the charger tray to set everything up. Are you swiping the card on the B piller? You're just supposed to tap it in one spot below the camera. This is interesting because no one else in this forum seems to be having this problem. Interesting for us, but frustrating for you, that is.