Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There will be no inventory flood. Too many unfulfilled orders at this point.
Kind of hard to say "no inventory flood" when the last couple of days saw 50, 60, 70 Plaids in inventory. I am not thinking they will "flood" inventory with new builds, but you might see inventory levels rise back if they cannot match or the customer is unwilling to take that car.

Just when I thought I am getting it in couple of days I get;

Estimated Delivery: November 02 - November 22

07/17: October
08/01: Blank
08/08: October 31st - November 20th
08/19: November 2nd - November 22nd
08/25: October 28th - November 2nd
09/02: December 6th - December 26th
09/12: September 18-September 30
09/19: September 22-September 30
09/23: November 02-November 22
Kinda fits. Us with closer to RN1150s have a Late Dec to mid Dec date.

So my EDD changes till now
After Apology Mail EDD Sept 18-Sept 30th
Sept 3 EDD: Sept 17-Sept 30th
Sept 5 EDD: Sept 15-Sept 30th
Sept 16 EDD: Sept 19-Sept 30th
Sept 20 EDD: Sept 24-Sept 30th

Sept 23rd today, have no VIN, dont think I will get a VIN and a car in the next one week. Pretty bummed out and to top it all of I got a message from Tesla saying I see you are interested in a Test drive (Something I raised when the model S initially came out) Replied to the message saying I have a model S on order and would love to test drive one if they have one which I can try. NO RESPONSE. They are happy to try and sell you the car but when it comes to actual delivery no response

Reactions: GeeGee
There was one in Seattle, Demo model with 95 miles on it, only bad part is you have to go there and pick it up
They have demo Model S refreshes? Keep going to my local store to ask about demo cars to try.

I need to find one to try it out. Not that there is much chance of me changing my mind. Camping out on this forum for months has increased my need to get this car so much that I don't care if I'll need physical therapy for my shoulders because of the Yoke anymore.

Woke up this morning and immediately checked my account on my phone before exiting bed, as I’ve done every morning for nearly 6 months now. The page looked different, didn’t have an EDD, and was asking me to re-submit financing. Concerned I was losing my place in line or something stupid, I jumped on my computer and saw that my EDD had moved up from October 07-27 (which it had held at without change for the last month) to September 23-30. However, it needs me to resubmit my financing info. I called Tesla, they are closed. So I submitted the form online, suffered another hard credit check, and now the website is once again is asking me to resubmit the financing form. So I’m in some sort of purgatory until Tesla opens (in an hour, I think?).

MSLR, MSM, Cream, 19s, no FSD, RN1147, ordered April 1 to Dallas.

I’m both excited about the prospect of receiving my car as early as next week, but cautious because of this financing BS, and, well, we are still talking about Tesla.
Well, it took 5 calendar days and 3 business days for the loan to get re-approved, and today my EDD switched back to October 08-28. Unclear if the monkey is just drunk again, or if the car I was soft matched to was given to someone paying cash / with updated financing.

1632416815324.gif

No, they in-fact were not. There were large amounts of cars for days. And several cars in there for multiple days.
Agree with you, as in Ohio area several plaids to choose from that has been the same for multiple days too. Plaids seemed to have slowed down, which is not surprising considering how expensive they are. Tesla needed to produce more LR with 19’s to push those at end of quarter. Hey - what do I know though! LOL

Reactions: EV JB and cwanja
Everyone knows the value of free legal advice, however, I think it is fair to say that you take on some liability if you disable a safety device.

If it has obviously been disabled or removed, you have left a trail of evidence.

Your choice, but it may have consequences.
Same way anyone would have consequences for hitting someone in an ICE vehicle that is making a bunch of engine noise and people still fail to yield. 🤷🏽‍♂️

There has been a few discussions about it, calling it specifically what it is. But it is buried in the main thread. I think people just called it a worm to make it...fun? Someone even named theirs, but I think they were just high on excitement for delivery day. Like you said, even other Model S owners have chimed in that they had the same outline on previous year Model S also.

This has been brought up quite a few times, and I am not sure if Tesla has agreed to address it with anyone.
Important to note, however, is that this worm is clearly visible in my 2018 75D. I never noticed it until it was brought up here.
Photo below

Attachments

• Worm.jpg
    Worm.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 54
I have a question not related to the delivery but about the car. I found there is a loud noise when my MS LR moving in reverse. Not sure whether it should be defined as the "noise" but it is definitely not as quiet as when the car is moving forward.

Previous two Tesla I drove didn't have that sound. I am wondering whether it's the issue on my car or the effects created by Tesla on purpose. If you took the delivery already, can you share whether your car has the loud sound when reversing? Thank you.
If it's a low "whine" then that is intentional; Tesla was legally required to add backup sounds to the Tesla via the Boombox feature a few years ago, so if your cars were older than that then you wouldn't have heard it before.