Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instead of keep refreshing my order summary page every day and hoping for a sooner delivery date/VIN, I have put together a spreadsheet of the order detail from different users in this thread (MSLR support group🤪), and created a Google form for people who want to share their order details to others to update the tracker:

MSLR tracker
Tracker input form

1634322365015.png

Many of you talk about your Service Advisor (SA). Did you order the car through the SA or was one assigned to you? I ordered over two months ago online and have never spoken to anyone. Do I need to call and get a SA?
I tried to set-up a test drive for a Model S back in June. Didn't realize at the time what a joke that was. I left feedback that the online test drive scheduler was broken and I got a call from a Tesla sales guy minutes later to talk me into buying. He turned into my SA when I ordered my car a few days later.
I can still hardly believe I'm spending $90K+ on a Tesla having never even sat in one yet. I bought into the marketing and YouTube vids.

Many of you talk about your Service Advisor (SA). Did you order the car through the SA or was one assigned to you? I ordered over two months ago online and have never spoken to anyone. Do I need to call and get a SA?
I ordered my car online. I was assigned a service advisor after the order. Since ordering in March I have had two different advisers. One left a business about three months ago and I was assigned a new one. I’m lucky and as I live about 15 minutes from the Tesla store. They’ve always been responsive to me.

I tried to set-up a test drive for a Model S back in June. Didn't realize at the time what a joke that was. I left feedback that the online test drive scheduler was broken and I got a call from a Tesla sales guy minutes later to talk me into buying. He turned into my SA when I ordered my car a few days later.
I can still hardly believe I'm spending $90K+ on a Tesla having never even sat in one yet. I bought into the marketing and YouTube vids.

Even if you had a conventional car buying experience, and got a test drive, I think you would benefit from renting a car for a day on a site like Turo.

The owners I have met that rent their MS on Turo are very helpful, and wont try to sell you on anything.

Even if the test drive meets all your expectations, you will be better equiped to handle the delivery.

You won't be sorry. No need for a test drive. It's an amazing experience

Instead of keep refreshing my order summary page every day and hoping for a sooner delivery date/VIN, I have put together a spreadsheet of the order detail from different users in this thread (MSLR support group🤪), and created a Google form for people who want to share their order details to others to update the tracker:

MSLR tracker
Tracker input form

View attachment 721908
I see you added my MS to your spreadsheet - row 42 (Napa, CA). I submitted a form to update order date and RN#. My original EDD is around Dec/Jan. But the dates were only posted for a few days and disappeared from my order status page. Anyway, I picked up the MS this past Wednesday, 10/13.

Did the same with my first Tesla, which was a Model 3. Haven’t looked back after a Tesla since. You won’t regret it

I had a SA that I worked with. A couple months ago, I was using the supercharger where the Tesla store was located. While waiting for my MY to charge, I saw a Plaid MS sitting outside of the store. Of course, I jumped out of my car to check it out. I struck a conversation with the SA and said I maybe interested. I think there's an internal Tesla system when the SA can tag a potential customer. I did give him my email address. Then, a month later, I decided to order the MS and the rest is history. My SA was awesome - responsive even after hours late at night. I will definitely recommend using a SA (an experienced one - go to the store and talk to people to vet their experience & tenure) that know how to use the order system and be your advocate.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I see you added my MS to your spreadsheet - row 42 (Napa, CA). I submitted a form to update order date and RN#. My original EDD is around Dec/Jan. But the dates were only posted for a few days and disappeared from my order status page. Anyway, I picked up the MS this past Wednesday, 10/13.
Updated the tracker, also added EDD range start & end date question to the entry form, the tracker uses the forum username as the key to update data, so to people who want to provide an update of their order, just use the same username when doing another entry.

Don’t feel bad I test drove a model y because no S’s were around at the time and ordered the S the next day.

Don’t feel bad I test drove a model y because no S’s were around at the time and ordered the S the next day.
Same for me. I have never test driven a Model S. My test drive was in a performance Model 3 as the performance was similar...but just based on that test drive, knowing that the Model S is better in every way, I also placed an order the next day...

Reactions: Pdubs and Btrflyl8e
Same for me. I have never test driven a Model S. My test drive was in a performance Model 3 as the performance was similar...but just based on that test drive, knowing that the Model S is better in every way, I also placed an order the next day...
I test drove a MYP on July 17 and ordered my MSLR right after that, my only regrat is not placing the order earlier to save 5k...