Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to set-up a test drive for a Model S back in June. Didn't realize at the time what a joke that was. I left feedback that the online test drive scheduler was broken and I got a call from a Tesla sales guy minutes later to talk me into buying. He turned into my SA when I ordered my car a few days later.
I can still hardly believe I'm spending $90K+ on a Tesla having never even sat in one yet. I bought into the marketing and YouTube vids.
I had no choice but to do this back in 2013. You won't regret it. Here I am, waiting for my third S. Both of my previous ones are still going strong (sold both private party to people I know).

That first drive in my tesla after taking delivery was an amazing moment etched forever in my brain.

This thread has been so helpful. After reading that not entering a trade could be holding up a EDD, I marked “I don’t want to trade a vehicle”.

That got me to a step about uploading my insurance information. Did that also.

This morning an EDD showed back up:

January 30-March 1

Order date 6/24. MSLR, MSM, 19”, black, no FSD.

I had the generic Sept-Oct EDD, until early August sometime, when it went to Dec 7 - January 4. Then the EDD disappeared entirely late August, now this.

I stopped by the Kansas City delivery center on Tuesday, and asked them to check on my date. Was told that they can still see December.

Did my delay in marking this trade in, somehow push me back in the queue? Honestly, if that’s the case, I’m pretty pissed. I feel like if there are outstanding issues to resolve in your account, Tesla should be relating them to me via email every few days.

Very frustrating.

Supposedly (all anecdotal evidence) that that does put you back of the queue. Which is just utterly insane. Quoting this again so hopefully someone else can see it. I said it before, but I know for my two previous orders that was the case.

Has deliveries slowed? Are the 22’ yet? Not seeing alot of real activity in here like we had at the end of quarter last month. Trying to figure out if the next EDD wave 10/25-11/16 is actually going to happen or if we all are getting pushed? Update your sigs !!! I cant tell who has what order anymore to compare

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
Has deliveries slowed? Are the 22’ yet? Not seeing alot of real activity in here like we had at the end of quarter last month. Trying to figure out if the next EDD wave 10/25-11/16 is actually going to happen or if we all are getting pushed? Update your sigs !!! I cant tell who has what order anymore to comp
I just moved back a day this morning (Oct 18 -> Oct 19), but I've dropped from an EDD of a full month down to two weeks.

Here's to hoping I'll get that ever-elusive VIN...

This thread has been so helpful. After reading that not entering a trade could be holding up a EDD, I marked “I don’t want to trade a vehicle”.

January 30-March 1

I had the generic Sept-Oct EDD, until early August sometime, when it went to Dec 7 - January 4. Then the EDD disappeared entirely late August, now this.

I stopped by the Kansas City delivery center on Tuesday, and asked them to check on my date. Was told that they can still see December.

Did my delay in marking this trade in, somehow push me back in the queue? Honestly, if that’s the case, I’m pretty pissed. I feel like if there are outstanding issues to resolve in your account, Tesla should be relating them to me via email every few days.

Very frustrating.
Yes.. Need to have completed profile to be in line. April order and I was told I lost a month or two for not checking off as paying by cash.

Reactions: TheMacc and AKay724
I have remained at Oct 28-Nov 17 pretty much since the EOQ madness.

I guess I now have a delivery advisor, who texted me yesterday. I asked that I get all-seasons, as I will be taking my MS to the snow a bunch. He said this is based on territory, and it sure he can change it, but will try, and will offer me a swap if they cannot. I have 20” wheels from Signature on order.

Reactions: Vinny860
Yes.. Need to have completed profile to be in line. April order and I was told I lost a month or two for not checking off as paying by cash.

I am going to sound like a broken record, but I can’t stand this. The fact that deliveries are taking longer than trade ins are accepted and longer than financing is approved means not checking those should do nothing for the queue. Why would I want a credit hit to get approved for financing (in my case I am pre approved already, but the point stands) to just have it expire and have to re do it again. Same with trade in. There is 0 chance anyone gets a car within a month of ordering. Why would I want my trade in value now? It means nothing for me

Ahh the woes of Tesla ordering. But damn is it always worth it haha

Reactions: MEL-22
Supposedly (all anecdotal evidence) that that does put you back of the queue. Which is just utterly insane. Quoting this again so hopefully someone else can see it. I said it before, but I know for my two previous orders that was the case.

January 30-March 1

Very frustrating.
I was concerned that deleting my trade-in request would do the opposite - change my price or date- so I hesitated doing it. Even though I did not delete the trade-in request, my EDD showed back up yesterday. So, perhaps its not deleting the trade-in info as much as Tesla just re-adding EDDs.

Reactions: MEL-22