Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting! I'm

I'm curious why you would recommend a signature loan plus cash then financing as opposed to just financing from the start?
Cash will get you a delivery sooner, and the ability to reject the car if needed, plus eliminate that plaid payment "Service"

Demand to see and inspect the car before you hand over the check.

Reactions: MasterFung
Maybe it's the previous Tesla ownership, as I also have FSD on my order and have relatively large position in TSLA. Hope you get your car sooner than later. I have only seen one refresh S LR around the area, 2-3 plaids, and none with 19's.
I think part of the variability of delivery dates is related to Tesla’s tendency to manufacture in batches of like colors and features.

Closest I've ever gotten to my EDD window (2 weeks out!). I figured it was time to talk to Tesla and see if we could narrow down from "whole month of November" to something a little more useful for financing and car sale purposes.

After struggling to get a response from my SA, I gave the call center a try. First call someone hung up on me. Second call, I got someone's personal voicemail. Third call, I got a woman who seemed to genuinely care about customer service (33% hit rate, about par for the course w/ TSLA). After giving me the standard disclaimers, she checked the "special system" (I do wonder if this really exists by the way) and told me that based on production plan, I should be getting a VIN third week of November and seeing the car early-mid December (so later than my current EDD, Nov 3 - Dec 1).

Sounds nice. Hope it's right!

Reactions: feixingyuan
I do not think anyone will see a 2022 VIN until much later this year, or maybe even 2022. While this would be nice, I have no hopes.
In years past, Tesla stuck with calendar year change-over. The last two years, they made the switch in October. From the MY thread, while other manufacturers have submitted paperwork to the NHTSB for the change, Tesla has not. I am wondering if this is because the refresh MS is, essentially, brand new, with very few 2021's even delivered. Then again, this does not explain why no change for M3's and MY's.

Reactions: feixingyuan
So, I’m now in my third delivery window, this time 10/20-11/9. This is for a 1/27 OD RN144 MSM Black 19s No FSD. Anyone want to guess what the over-under is on me receiving a car sometime in this window? I’m not holding my breath. I do feel like I have the ”privilege” of being one of the earlier orders that is still getting screwed over by Tesla’s delivery “system.”

Cash will get you a delivery sooner, and the ability to reject the car if needed, plus eliminate that plaid payment "Service"

Demand to see and inspect the car before you hand over the check.
From most experiences posted here cash does not get delivery sooner. Completing the online steps is what matters. Then the blind monkey takes your order from there.

You can reject the car regardless of how you intend to pay. You are the buyer and without your signature it's still theirs.

Using the plaid service is only if you want to to use electronic transfer. For me plaid wasn't working so got someone on the phone and did direct ACH instead.

You can get an outside loan and pay with their check if that makes you more comfortable.

From most experiences posted here cash does not get delivery sooner. Completing the online steps is what matters. Then the blind monkey takes your order from there.

You can reject the car regardless of how you intend to pay. You are the buyer and without your signature it's still theirs.

Using the plaid service is only if you want to to use electronic transfer. For me plaid wasn't working so got someone on the phone and did direct ACH instead.

You can get an outside loan and pay with their check if that makes you more comfortable.
I agree with this. Paying cash makes ZERO difference. I am paying cash and have RN1146. Many other later orders have been delivered ahead of mine. Geo, batch and the resulting matching process is what matters, and none of us knows how that works.

I agree with this. Paying cash makes ZERO difference. I am paying cash and have RN1146. Many other later orders have been delivered ahead of mine. Geo, batch and the resulting matching process is what matters, and none of us knows how that works.
Been there and done that when I finally picked up my model X in December 2019. Have to sadly say Tesla is amateur hour compared to probably every other car company on the planet. Just received my new Corvette @ 2 weeks ago. With GM system you get order codes that tell you the status. You actually get a TPW - target production week. I was able to calculate the exact day my car was being built. I knew the VIN way before it was built. Over the years I have ordered many cars - Ford and Chevrolet. Never had the problem that I and just about everyone has with Tesla.

Been there and done that when I finally picked up my model X in December 2019. Have to sadly say Tesla is amateur hour compared to probably every other car company on the planet. Just received my new Corvette @ 2 weeks ago. With GM system you get order codes that tell you the status. You actually get a TPW - target production week. I was able to calculate the exact day my car was being built. I knew the VIN way before it was built. Over the years I have ordered many cars - Ford and Chevrolet. Never had the problem that I and just about everyone has with Tesla.
Sir, the GM system you described is absolutely awesome, the way it should be and can be - Tesla is the exact opposite; why? Tesla, with genius employees can turn out many incredible products few other companies are capable of, so with a wee bit of effort, they can surpass the GM system, if they want to. They most obviously do NOT...