Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is the excellent? Because they will move to 2022 now?

I plan on ordering a EV charger this week. Cost to install is about $600 in my area. Would Tesla Gen 3 be the best selection? Thanks!

Because there is a lot of rejected cars at Fremont that occasionally get delivered to ppl that were built really early on but had some issues. I don’t think any of us prefer a car that was sitting outside for 4-5 months with an unknown problem.

Reactions: 4SUPER9 and DBV1
Yesterday I hit my EDD range for the fourth time since I ordered the car in January. And like every other time so far, I woke up the next day to a pushed out EDD range. It's now sitting at Nov. 8-22 instead of Nov. 5-19. I'm pretty sure they are never going to deliver this car to me.

OD 1/27 RN144 MSM/Black/19s/No FSD

Reactions: KyleDay
Yesterday I hit my EDD range for the fourth time since I ordered the car in January. And like every other time so far, I woke up the next day to a pushed out EDD range. It's now sitting at Nov. 8-22 instead of Nov. 5-19. I'm pretty sure they are never going to deliver this car to me.

I was in that same place mentally, and then out of nowhere I got a VIN. Hang in there!

I’ve been out of touch with the thread for a while…Catch me up fellow MS waiters…Any NF VIN sightings? Any relevant speculation?
Model S NF VINs - no. Others, yes. Supposedly Tesla started producing NF / 2022 cars November 1st. But someone said their SA told them their (after VIN assignment) car was built November 2nd. So speculate away.

Reactions: rdmdriving

It is encouraging that you have a 14 day window, but the whole system makes no sense. My November 14 - December 4 window has not changed since late September. The SA in Palo Alto checked two days ago and said their internal system shows delivery around mid-December.

Reactions: dschol
It is encouraging that you have a 14 day window, but the whole system makes no sense. My November 14 - December 4 window has not changed since late September. The SA in Palo Alto checked two days ago and said their internal system shows delivery around mid-December.
They don't really know. My SA told me Monday I could expect my car "in the next month or so". I got a VIN Thursday, with a new EDD of Nov 17-23

Reactions: Pdubs and DavidSRQ
Why is the excellent? Because they will move to 2022 now?

I plan on ordering a EV charger this week. Cost to install is about $600 in my area. Would Tesla Gen 3 be the best selection? Thanks!

Because there is a lot of rejected cars at Fremont that occasionally get delivered to ppl that were built really early on but had some issues. I don’t think any of us prefer a car that was sitting outside for 4-5 months with an unknown problem.
Yep

Apologies for this being slightly off topic - the seemingly never ending wait is driving me do silly things - as of this moring I officially joined the M3P EDD waiting room….

Due to all this wait on MSLR, I decided to see how much I can get for my ‘21 M3LR. Seems that with the new ev credit, resale value next year would not be as strong and present would be a good time to sell.

Carmax offered more than everything I had paid for on the M3LR including tax, acceleration boost, tint and front ppf. So it will be sold this week.

With M3LR to be sold, I Resurrected an old reservation on M3P last night. And my M3P EDD magically appeared this morning: 11/8 - 11/20.

Fingers crossed that I will also see ‘22 NF VINs soon, on both cars.

Last edited:

Have you tried contacting Tesla via phone or email? Since you don't have any features that would seem to delay your order, you might have some success just bugging them a lot. Squeaky wheel gets the oil!

Reactions: dschol
They don't really know. My SA told me Monday I could expect my car "in the next month or so". I got a VIN Thursday, with a new EDD of Nov 17-23
The VIN allocation process is held at Fremont and the SAs have no information on how or when they get assigned. Done on purpose I suppose. Any guidance SAs give seems meaningless until the system assigns a VIN

Reactions: jackk and Btrflyl8e
Have you tried contacting Tesla via phone or email? Since you don't have any features that would seem to delay your order, you might have some success just bugging them a lot. Squeaky wheel gets the oil!
I did but I gave up. Back in September when I had an EOQ EDD the SAs in my local SC were sure I’d get a car late September or early October. Obviously that didn’t happen.

At some point I may try pulling strings at corporate… or maybe just get an M3. I don’t know.