Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a text yesterday saying that I can expect delivery this month. This morning I got an email saying to review the financial terms and then I just logged into the tesla account and saw the VIN.

As for the SA, he has been useless. I even texted him two days ago about updates and he offered nothing new. So I don't think the SA will help or get you moving forward in the delivery process.

When did ya order?

If it makes you feel any better, I missed a voicemail yesterday from Tesla and I called back the Delivery number and the dude I spoke with was just as clueless... then 15 minutes after I hung up with him, a woman spoke with me that provided much more clear guidance:

1) We think your LR is going to come in June; there's a good chance that it will arrive, 2) Are you ready to receive as soon as it does?

I am sitting with a "June" delivery date in my account, and still without a VIN. Having said that, based on my conversation, I am fully anticipating receiving my LR this month...
So it looks like they might be prioritizing LR orders based on the price of your car. I am in LA too and ordered 15 days before you - pre-refresh. I haven’t heard anything.
These are the things you are paying for I’m not:
Black Paint -$1,500
21” wheels -$4,500
FSD - $10,000
Plus I get the pre-refresh discount of $2,000.
So that is a difference of $18,000.

I hope I’m wrong, but those of us, even if we ordered earlier, may have to wait longer.

Also, those of you who are posting on this thread, please put your delivery details in your header or signature. It makes it a lot easier to follow this. Thanks!

It seems Tesla really doesn't care about our business. More EV options are being announced every week. I am thinking I should cancel my order out of principle. Why award a company that thinks it is okay to treat customers like this.

I cancelled my plaid plus April 1 out of the same principle.

I guess I doubt my principles now.

Now trolling this thread to see if LR is an option.

So it looks like they might be prioritizing LR orders based on the price of your car. I am in LA too and ordered 15 days before you - pre-refresh. I haven’t heard anything.
These are the things you are paying for I’m not:
Black Paint -$1,500
21” wheels -$4,500
FSD - $10,000
Plus I get the pre-refresh discount of $2,000.
So that is a difference of $18,000.

I hope I’m wrong, but those of us, even if we ordered earlier, may have to wait longer.
Seems obvious, doesn’t it? It’s crystal clear they are prioritizing Plaids, even though they haven’t said it’s because of the extra sticker. They seem to be sprinkling in a few LRs, and most that seem to be getting contacted about their LR deliveries have optioned them fairly well. One person has the exact same config as mine with a later order date has a delivery set up, and not a whisper to me even though I’m Fremont factory direct, so it can’t be logistics. Hopefully it’s only an extra 4-6 weeks delay for us proles.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
I cancelled my plaid plus April 1 out of the same principle.

I guess I doubt my principles now.

Now trolling this thread to see if LR is an option.
Sounds like you’ve given up on Plaid, particularly at $50k more. I’ll just say this about the LR. I had the fastest MS made at the time, a 2015 P85D, and for maybe a month I was giving everyone I knew 0-60 runs. After that? Really didn’t matter, which is why I ordered the LR. Significantly faster than a 2015 P85D, an extra 150 miles range, almost $50k cheaper (everything was a $2500-$5000 option and I checked every box). Now all that stuff is included in base price LR.

So if you decide to go that route, a $100 will get you one maybe a month or two quicker than waiting for the backlog to get fulfilled.

Seems obvious, doesn’t it? It’s crystal clear they are prioritizing Plaids, even though they haven’t said it’s because of the extra sticker. They seem to be sprinkling in a few LRs, and most that seem to be getting contacted about their LR deliveries have optioned them fairly well. One person has the exact same config as mine with a later order date has a delivery set up, and not a whisper to me even though I’m Fremont factory direct, so it can’t be logistics. Hopefully it’s only an extra 4-6 weeks delay for us proles.
Yeah, Plaids are a minimum $40,000 to $50,000 more, so that makes sense. I was hoping they would at least deliver LRs to people who ordered pre-refresh first. Still hoping!

I think they’ll sprinkle pre-refresh orders in, options or not. Just seems like more options more attention.
Just checked what would happen if I jumped ship to the LR team.

No matter what options I configure, est LR delivery is Sept-Oct. My dream Plaid car (Red/cream/19") was June a few days ago, although I don't believe it could be any earlier than July at this point.

So, wait three months more, save 50k, (Almost enough for the CT tri motor)

I was planning on late this year or early next year delivery when I ordered the Plaid plus, Ne' Plaid on Sept. 22.

Anyway, so once forced to wait, why not wait a few months more.

Also depends a little if I can get a "PLAIDISH" plate from my DMV....

Personally I'd prefer we left the chit chat to minimum as it just becomes a bloody mess like the other thread. I don't know why folks feel the need to chime in 10 times a day when they don't have any update to their status. (I realize in writing to this I am now contributing to the problem). We're 16 pages in and I think we've only seen 2 people say they have VINs....
I agree. Lets please, please, please not make this like the other thread. Chit chat over there! Info on LR deliveries only here.

• Love
Reactions: Danlbrau
Hey guys, this may sound like a stupid question, but where to I find the estimated delivery date? It said October initially, but I do not know where to go to check for updates. I am in no hurry, as my lease still has 5 months left on it.

Speaking of delivery dates (and the post right above), I messaged my SA to ask if October was still likely since my delivery date is gone. They responded via text: "We are hoping to receive Model S earlier. However, it most likely will reappear soon with updated information on your delivery date." Take it for what it's worth!

Hey guys, this may sound like a stupid question, but where to I find the estimated delivery date? It said October initially, but I do not know where to go to check for updates. I am in no hurry, as my lease still has 5 months left on it.
Go to tesla.com, select Menu, then Account, which should bring up a page with your MS order. Click on “Manage”, and it should bring up your account details. Scroll down and near the bottom there’s a box that says Your Model S, the RN#, and IF you have an estimated delivery date, it’s below the RN #. Otherwise it will say “We will reach out to schedule your delivery date”. Should look like one of the two below.

Having a blank delivery date is apparently just as informative as “July” or whatever. The only thing that SEEMS to have some credibility is of the estimated delivery date is within the next couple of weeks. But even those sometime go blank. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 0B741417-36EA-4D26-A91C-45AFD333846B.jpeg
    0B741417-36EA-4D26-A91C-45AFD333846B.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 0D6EB422-019C-4EEB-92CA-4780A1332910.jpeg
    0D6EB422-019C-4EEB-92CA-4780A1332910.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Sbaimo
So, my “July” date came back after three days of being blank. I wish there was some logic, but there isn’t.

My dates have been: Feb 15-28, Mar 15-30, March, Blank, June up until Plaid event then July the next day, blank for a day, back to July, blank for 3 days recently, back to July.

It’s the whole flipping from a month to blank and back that I don’t understand. It doesn’t even make any sense as far as a database table update goes, why blank it out when you have an estimate that’s a whole month that hasn’t even started yet??

Btw, as for a lot of the folks saying they’re canceling their LR order over silly things, I wonder how many of these people were serious about even buying an $80k+ Tesla to start with.. $100 isn’t much to fantasize and be part of the hype, gotta wonder if these folks even really intended on going through with it from the get go. If tail lights or late-but-still-coming ANC (or a freaking tilting screen? Really??) are your “go/no go” factors for a car, it makes me wonder.

Last edited:
Go to tesla.com, select Menu, then Account, which should bring up a page with your MS order. Click on “Manage”, and it should bring up your account details. Scroll down and near the bottom there’s a box that says Your Model S, the RN#, and IF you have an estimated delivery date, it’s below the RN #. Otherwise it will say “We will reach out to schedule your delivery date”. Should look like one of the two below.

Having a blank delivery date is apparently just as informative as “July” or whatever. The only thing that SEEMS to have some credibility is of the estimated delivery date is within the next couple of weeks. But even those sometime go blank. Hope this helps.
Thanks. That is exactly what I saw: “we will reach out to you…” I guess I’ll have to refresh that page every 5 minutes for the next 4 months.

So, my “July” date came back after three days of being blank. I wish there was some logic, but there isn’t.

My dates have been: Feb 15-28, Mar 15-30, March, Blank, June up until Plaid event then July the next day, blank for a day, back to July, blank for 3 days recently, back to July.

It’s the whole flipping from a month to blank and back that I don’t understand. It doesn’t even make any sense as far as a database table update goes, why blank it out when you have an estimate that’s a whole month that hasn’t even started yet??

Btw, as for a lot of the folks saying they’re canceling their LR order over silly things, I wonder how many of these people were serious about even buying an $80k+ Tesla to start with.. $100 isn’t much to fantasize and be part of the hype, gotta wonder if these folks even really intended on going through with it from the get go. If tail lights or late-but-still-coming ANC (or a freaking tilting screen? Really??) are your “go/no go” factors for a car, it makes me wonder.
It’s become clear that until they start moving these things down the production line in quantity even Tesla can’t tell when cars will be delivered. It’s entirely possible they thought production would start in Feb, then March, April, but parts shortages and/or last minute design changes kept delaying things. The fact we see people with late June delivery estimates and VINs being issued indicates the logjam might be broken. We’ll know in a week or two if that’s the case.

Reactions: Aplus2005