Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day, all. I ordered my MS LR two weeks ago (pearl white/cream/19") and am reading up all about my first Tesla. I have a number of friends with 3s, but finally decided to pull the trigger on the LR after the Plaid delivery event.

As all of you know firsthand, buying a Tesla certainly has been a unique experience. I've completed all the online entry except for proof of insurance (which I assume I need a VIN for first). I still haven't heard a word from any human at Tesla. Should I be concerned?

Last week, I had a work trip through Tampa, Florida, so I stopped at the local Service Center on the off chance that they had a new MS for me to look at. They had just received a delivery of MS Plaids, but all were spoken for. Its just such a different car buying experience.

I've been reading and watching a ton of content, but most out there appears to be on the Model 3/Y. I do have a number of questions about the refresh MS LR. Where would be the best place to post those?

Ok so the 19" wheels are definitely A problem, not necessarily THE problem. As of right now, a Plaid with 21" is July estimated delivery while 19" is August. If that is not confirmation that 19" are influencing this.

So either we are looking at profit or supply chain. Why else would a wheel option cause an extra 4 weeks to be added?
How incompetent must this company be to have shut down the MS production line six months ago to start production of the next model and NOT have the standard wheels available five months into production?

Reactions: (crunch) and JimLL
Ugh.. Had a delivery appointment all set for tomorrow, and now they text me this morning and say it’s gotta be pushed out. My account currently has a delivery appointment for 7/5, same VIN though.

Maybe was dumb and went ahead and made the payment and called my insurance. Watch them switch or remove my VIN, and now have to deal with that. Unbelievable.

“Hey -- it appears there has been a slight delay in your Tesla's transport from California. Given this delay, we will need to cancel your delivery appointment for tomorrow and reschedule you for early next week. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience and will keep you posted when we have an updated ETA”

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: legend_of_jim
Hey everyone, I took delivery yesterday. Sorry I haven't posted. I took a bad spill earlier this weekend and am waiting on the radiologist to tell me whether or not my wrist is broken. But... initial thoughts:

1. The car is gorgeous. The interior is so much nicer than I expected. The paint looks amazing.
2. 2 fobs, 2 credit card keys, plus phone key. Really great amount of access options.
3. It's FAST. Like, I cannot imagine how fast the Plaid must be. This thing is a problem.
4. The yoke is a non-issue. I have not had any problems.
5. One issue I can't figure out: I linked my Spotify account and everything seems to work (playlists are showing up, etc). But I cannot get the car to play back music. Everything looks like it's working, but it doesn't actually play the music through the app. I can play on my phone and stream from there, but would like to do it directly through the app. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
View attachment 678759
Thanks a lot for sharing the first-hand perspective on your new LR! There is some confusion on the tires that come with the Arachnids. The manual states Summer tires (Michelin 4S), but there are some SAs that claim that all season tires have been installed. Can you please confirm?

Update: Yesterday ETA was August and now it is saying June again? To top it off when I was talking to my SA, he still thinks LRs are going to be delivered at the end of the year or early 2022… 😂

Estimated delivery: June
Gotta love those SAs and their never ending stream of nonsense. Please tell me you told them we have definitive proof that LRs are getting delivered?

How did you all determine who your SA contact is? I have not heard anything and there is nothing on my Tesla account page.
It’s best to call the service center and talk to them live. They always have great answers.

Attachments

• 0255F739-494A-4C20-8F98-E3AC499D1673.gif
    0255F739-494A-4C20-8F98-E3AC499D1673.gif
    472.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Funny
Reactions: JimLL
Hey everyone, I took delivery yesterday. Sorry I haven't posted. I took a bad spill earlier this weekend and am waiting on the radiologist to tell me whether or not my wrist is broken. But... initial thoughts:

1. The car is gorgeous. The interior is so much nicer than I expected. The paint looks amazing.
2. 2 fobs, 2 credit card keys, plus phone key. Really great amount of access options.
3. It's FAST. Like, I cannot imagine how fast the Plaid must be. This thing is a problem.
5. One issue I can't figure out: I linked my Spotify account and everything seems to work (playlists are showing up, etc). But I cannot get the car to play back music. Everything looks like it's working, but it doesn't actually play the music through the app. I can play on my phone and stream from there, but would like to do it directly through the app. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
View attachment 678759
Congratulations! You just pursuaded me to change my configuration. That black on black is just so clean!

How did you all determine who your SA contact is? I have not heard anything and there is nothing on my Tesla account page.
Speaking just for me, "my SA" is just the guy I spoke to at the location where I looked at a Model S several months ago. I have done almost everything online.
I have messaged with some people here who do have people they deal with exclusively.

Somebody in Rockville, MD going to be super excited…. I think I might switch to MSM/cream over the black on black…. Hmmmm it looks much different in person. can Confirm LR does not have perforation on the bolsters vs plaid does and the stitching contrast is for plaid only. Lastly appears there is no Dual motor badge on the LR. Well at least on that black one and the blue one next to it.

Attachments

• B4302D80-0661-48C4-9F87-8D3AFB13E810.jpeg
    B4302D80-0661-48C4-9F87-8D3AFB13E810.jpeg
    807.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 5015460D-2B3A-4DBF-94EB-D22B555BB0C5.jpeg
    5015460D-2B3A-4DBF-94EB-D22B555BB0C5.jpeg
    839.5 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: Danlbrau and JimLL
Somebody in Rockville, MD going to be super excited…. I think I might switch to MSM/cream over the black on black…. Hmmmm it looks much different in person. can Confirm LR does not have perforation on the bolsters vs plaid does and the stitching contrast is for plaid only. Lastly appears there is no Dual motor badge on the LR. Well at least on that black one and the blue one next to it.
Damn. Just knowing there are a couple of cars that close makes me wanna drive over and take a peek.

Reactions: Tholland

View attachment 678759
BEAUTIFUL ! Exact same build as my order. Current delivery : BLANK

Damn. Just knowing there are a couple of cars that close makes me wanna drive over and take a peek.
Do it. Worth it. Unless they have moved them in for PDI, but the body lines and everything were good. The yoke is really really the thing that brings that refresh interior to the next level. They had that MSM plaid interior taken apart for some reason. But the outside was cleannnn.

Reactions: JimLL

View attachment 678759
WOW! Congrats! That thing is a beauty!!! You are making it real hard for me to hold on to my blue reservation.

SA's mean nothing if were all being honest. I think we here know more than they do.
Having dealt with Tesla since 2012 I am confident that:
1. TMC members invariably know more than most Tesla staffers about most things;
2. TMC members always know more about EOQ delivery status and new model delivery status than do any Tesla customer facing people;
3. Despite some really bad customer service issues, the products are so amazingly good that owners tolerate the confusion;
4. Once we have our cars they very rarely require service, and when they do the service is quite decent and frequently amazingly good.
5. Generally we know just about every problem anybody ever has with their cars, and usually about most serious accidents with Teslas, often worldwide.
6. I suspect we pretty much hate the new model wait and early deliveries process. I'm on the third one and still hate it. I'm on my third one so I know the wait will be worth it.

Thanks for the summary. One question that I think many of us are wondering until proper Dragy tests are run: does the car continue to feel like it is still pulling after 60MPH, or does it feel like it drops off a noticeable bit?

The other question on whether battery State of Charge significantly impacts performance will likely be answered by Dragy owners.
Initial drive was short yesterday due to complications with the splint/brace on my wrist. Going for a longer one today and will report back.