Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• monkey check.gif
    monkey check.gif
    736.8 KB · Views: 81
Hey everyone, I took delivery yesterday. Sorry I haven't posted. I took a bad spill earlier this weekend and am waiting on the radiologist to tell me whether or not my wrist is broken. But... initial thoughts:

1. The car is gorgeous. The interior is so much nicer than I expected. The paint looks amazing.
2. 2 fobs, 2 credit card keys, plus phone key. Really great amount of access options.
3. It's FAST. Like, I cannot imagine how fast the Plaid must be. This thing is a problem.
4. The yoke is a non-issue. I have not had any problems.
5. One issue I can't figure out: I linked my Spotify account and everything seems to work (playlists are showing up, etc). But I cannot get the car to play back music. Everything looks like it's working, but it doesn't actually play the music through the app. I can play on my phone and stream from there, but would like to do it directly through the app. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
IMG_3997.jpeg

Hey everyone, I took delivery yesterday. Sorry I haven't posted. I took a bad spill earlier this weekend and am waiting on the radiologist to tell me whether or not my wrist is broken. But... initial thoughts:

1. The car is gorgeous. The interior is so much nicer than I expected. The paint looks amazing.
2. 2 fobs, 2 credit card keys, plus phone key. Really great amount of access options.
3. It's FAST. Like, I cannot imagine how fast the Plaid must be. This thing is a problem.
5. One issue I can't figure out: I linked my Spotify account and everything seems to work (playlists are showing up, etc). But I cannot get the car to play back music. Everything looks like it's working, but it doesn't actually play the music through the app. I can play on my phone and stream from there, but would like to do it directly through the app. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
View attachment 678759
Looks great! Almost makes me waver from white on white

View attachment 678759
Congrats man! You deserve it!

View attachment 678759
Thanks for the summary. One question that I think many of us are wondering until proper Dragy tests are run: does the car continue to feel like it is still pulling after 60MPH, or does it feel like it drops off a noticeable bit?

The other question on whether battery State of Charge significantly impacts performance will likely be answered by Dragy owners.

View attachment 678759

Congrats! How was fit/finish?

Reactions: Lance Uppercut

View attachment 678759
Speechless! Just looks gorgeous! Not sure why this pic makes me want my car so much more!

I’m now in Frederic, picking up in Rockville as well. Would be down for a meet up one of these days.
Well from another in Frederick you will likely move up a place in line or can pick up mine in rockville. Ordered lr black cream fsd but 19's all the way in February 1145 and only have until Sept to get the car as will be leaving the country until March. Who would've thought exact similar builds but with 21s and much later rns would be getting their cars delivered. So if one of those builds match you will likely have before October as I have given up hope the car is even going to come. Had I knows the 19 tires would never be delivered and that they wont even be able to handle the winter I would have just got the 21s.

A truly god awful experience and bar none the worst customer service in any industry

Reactions: Danlbrau
Ok so the 19" wheels are definitely A problem, not necessarily THE problem. As of right now, a Plaid with 21" is July estimated delivery while 19" is August. If that is not confirmation that 19" are influencing this.

So either we are looking at profit or supply chain. Why else would a wheel option cause an extra 4 weeks to be added?

Ok so the 19" wheels are definitely A problem, not necessarily THE problem. As of right now, a Plaid with 21" is July estimated delivery while 19" is August. If that is not confirmation that 19" are influencing this.

So either we are looking at profit or supply chain. Why else would a wheel option cause an extra 4 weeks to be added?
It’s obviously a supply and/or logistics issue — not profit related. As others have repeatedly pointed out, FSD costs Tesla zero additional dollars to activate. The Arachnids and rubber on them cost Tesla additional $. Therefore, if it was just a cash grab, Tesla would only be delivering cars with FSD this quarter and that’s clearly not the case.

It’s SC at this point. Tesla had a ton of Plaids built and sitting in the factory yard and those are going out for end for Q as fast as possible. And as a stock holder, I suppose that! 19s will start flowing in July - August

It’s obviously a supply and/or logistics issue — not profit related. As others have repeatedly pointed out, FSD costs Tesla zero additional dollars to activate. The Arachnids and rubber on them cost Tesla additional $. Therefore, if it was just a cash grab, Tesla would only be delivering cars with FSD this quarter and that’s clearly not the case.
To add to that if it was logistics only they would be putting all of those 19" cars on trains since it appears from posts that the 21" LR and Plaids have been delivered by truck transit.

I am in the camp that the 19" wheels were not deliverable for whatever reason and that the replacement 19" wheels have yet to be received.

My thoughts as a 1/1/21 blk/blk FSD 19" order with blank delivery date.....

Last edited:
Reactions: BrandonLive