Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@BrandonLive i am going to disagree....the flyover done on June 6th 2021 by Tesla Fremont Flyover showed "multiple" silver 19" Tempest hub caps.

Right, the ones sitting in the parking lot since then. But those aren’t the actual wheels they’re delivering, so my point stands. No one has seen the actual shipping version, which are dark gray, not silver.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
It showed the silver tempest wheels. Wonder if they are switching all to dark? Wouldn’t make sense since those people early ordered with silver tempest though…. But all of our pics of car order show dark now. Silly to hold up deliveries for hub caps. The should move forward and just mail them out to those that want a dark set if they got silver…

It’s not just “hub caps”, it’s the entire wheel. They aren’t going to put the dark gray aero covers on top of silver wheels, you’d see silver outline around the edge and it would not look good. There’s also some suspicion that the wheels are actually different in some other way, as Tesla has held delivery of the very few cars with the silver ones and said they can’t deliver the cars until they get replacement wheels.

It showed the silver tempest wheels. Wonder if they are switching all to dark? Wouldn’t make sense since those people early ordered with silver tempest though…. But all of our pics of car order show dark now. Silly to hold up deliveries for hub caps. The should move forward and just mail them out to those that want a dark set if they got silver…
Exactly…

I’d take mine without aero covers. Just mail them when they become available.

All season tires are not the issue with 21s. Lower profile tire = more chances for blowouts and bent rims in snowy climates. I like arachnids better from a look perspective, but they will be a costly nuisance where I live due to potholes and winter related messes.
I have heard this too, but I dont really agree with the lower profile being more like to cause blowouts. In my experience, if you hit something hard enough for a blowout, it doesnt matter what you got. Ive had low profile tires on my last few cars, but hey the weather is a little different up here (im about 10 miles east of you)

I do not believe this is correct. The manual only lists a single tire option for the 21s, and they’re summer / three-season performance tires. Only the 19s list both summer and all-season options, and even there it’s unclear what they’ll actually deliver and how they’ll divide those up (if they do at all).

I had suspected the 21s would come with summer tires on both models, and the 19s would have summer tires on the Plaid and all-seasons on the LR. However, it would also make sense to tailor the choice by region. That sounds logistically more challenging, so it’s possible that is the plan but also perhaps part of the reason they’re starting with the 21s where they don’t have to worry about differentiating tires.
My SA also told me they are all season, but i am highly skeptical. In the wall street journal review of the plaid it says " And the tires - custom-compounded Michelin Pilot Cup Sport 4s, on 21-inch wheels -- they are so beautiful." so the plaid definitely has summer tires....i still dont understand why they have 4s in the name, makes me think 4 season

Having the worst time getting through to my SA or anybody in sales...been 3 days of text messages, voicemails, emails, nothing. The customer service for this company sometimes, oy...
What are you asking them? Order status? You ordered in June. Wheels will be fine when you're expected to get your MS. Switching won't speed up your October. There's still a huge backlog of cars to be delivered.

They're also in EOQ push. They're not responding to anyone that's not getting a car before the end of June. They'll start taking again in about a week hah. Leave em be for now.

Last edited:
My SA also told me they are all season, but i am highly skeptical. In the wall street journal review of the plaid it says " And the tires - custom-compounded Michelin Pilot Cup Sport 4s, on 21-inch wheels -- they are so beautiful." so the plaid definitely has summer tires....i still dont understand why they have 4s in the name, makes me think 4 season

I believe we might have the same SA and they are incorrect as the manual definitely states the 21s are NOT all seasons. I’m calling again today and if so, back to 19s I go to wait. Mine still shows October so I’m not losing sleep.

A6B3D447-8F89-4174-8D52-E66751E0A5DB.png

Don’t mind at all. I’m in Montgomery Cty near the beltway. I’m picking up in Rockville.

Realized the last few days that there’s a bunch of us. We should arrange a meet up once we get our cars.

Comically (or sadly) we all went from Blank to August to Blank at the same time last week.
Yes, looks like most of us have booked in the same time window and may get cars in or around the same month (2022?). We should have a pre-delivery party once we have VINs and confirmed delivery dates. I am sure we will have no time for anything else once we get behind those yikes 😂!