Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG Tesla. For anyone who has followed my issue... I had a VIN and secured my loan and financing and got a delivery date and then my car was given to someone in California. Tesla called me today at noon and told me someone didn’t take delivery of their car that is exactly my configuration and I can have it if I come pick it up by 7pm. Mind you I am out of state, I have no ride there and I had to coordinate a PPF appointment locally so I could have it done before driving at home. What a MESS. Either way, thankful it's happening. Will feel better when it's in my hands. If there are any questions I can answer please PM me. Happy to do so.

Congrats to those who are finally getting their LRs. I originally had Sep EDD, then blank for about 3 weeks and now I have Oct. Since we may be relocating, this might actually work out better as one less car to transport. Hopefully if any early issues, they will have time to fix them and put back on a round steering wheel.

Reactions: FrenchB4
OMG Tesla. For anyone who has followed my issue... I had a VIN and secured my loan and financing and got a delivery date and then my car was given to someone in California. Tesla called me today at noon and told me someone didn’t take delivery of their car that is exactly my configuration and I can have it if I come pick it up by 7pm. Mind you I am out of state, I have no ride there and I had to coordinate a PPF appointment locally so I could have it done before driving at home. What a MESS. Either way, thankful it's happening. Will feel better when it's in my hands. If there are any questions I can answer please PM me. Happy to do so.
What was your configuration?

I changed to 21" a few days ago. My config is like many others and not so unique to take 22 weeks o_O
I’m guessing the change triggered a new but meaningless estimated delivery. I’ve made no changes and mine has been blank for months now and we ordered on the same date and location.

We should be due for a red batch soon, so if 19” wheels are available, sure hope I get mine in July. Hoping to replace with black slipstreams, but wonder if any will be compatible right away. Anyone know if OEM wheels will be available after market?

Enjoy that drive home. Pray you have no paint issues when you get home!! PPF, ceramic and tint is my first stop, so I in the same department as you are with wanting to take it from the delivery center to the detailer.

Oh I’m no amateur… I will be sleeping in the car at the service center tonight and tomorrow right around the corner I will have PPF put on. The car isn’t going more than 2 miles before it’s covered with a clear bra

Still blank here. Hoping they're doing a mass build of white/white in the coming weeks.
I got this text on Monday

Tesla Update - Good news! Your Tesla may be arriving soon, but we want to reach out to confirm if you will be ready to take delivery by 6/30 if it does arrive in the next couple days. If so, please reply JUNE, and we will follow up to confirm. Otherwise, please let us know if not ready at this time, and any questions here.

Reactions: Desert Dave
Also, for those who want temp protection while driving. (Because not uncommon to have to take cars back to the PPF installer sometimes after the fact for in-warranty work for bubbles that may not have disappeared, wrinkles, lifted edges, etc. Humans are imperfect sometimes..it happens)

I'd use this and get PPF closer to home..

Reactions: Valis
For an update since a lot here getting a month displayed today; early feb order 11450 19s blck cream and that pure all profit for tesla FSD, no date as of today and only aug last monday before back to blank. Hoping with all these updated dates those who ordered feb or later with 19s and no date today will be seeing a july push. The dates can never be trusted though.
February or later? What about January or earlier? A lot of us have had a blank EDD for over a month! 😂

Reactions: Ovrt23 and GrnSqrl