Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally!!! Ordered December 11 and this morning had a VIN. My estimated delivery date has already changed 3 times today (all within a few days of each other). Below is a screen shot of the latest.

MS LR White/Black + arachnids (arachnids were in my original order submission).

View attachment 680097
Congratulations on the VIN!!! 👍
So mine (looks like same build) updated this morning as well, except mine says July 9 - July 20 and no VIN. I am definitely not holding my breath!

Appreciate all these updates but they're not particularly helpful unless the poster specifies their RN number, exterior and interior colors, and tire size. Those of us who are waiting are looking for this information to provide clues for our own deliveries.

Agree. It's irritating to have to pull up the tracking sheet every time someone posts a delivery update but either doesn't include the details in their post or better yet, just update their profile to include in the profile so everyone can see without asking.

Two different places to do it as well. Both help if someone is using a mobile device and you don't have to switch to landscape to see it.

176A69A8-B88A-49BE-8F37-59BEB9AA359A.jpeg

No updates from me but I'm glad to see we still have vins today. Data point for my fellow Cali folks;

My SA confirmed it is common for Cali deliveries to happen near the end of the quarter, BUT he said -

"That is typically the case but since the Model S deliveries are just beginning, the typical delivery schedule is not applicable from what we are being told."

I also saw in the other thread that vins are assigned when they arrive at the delivery centers. Does anyone else know if that's true?

No updates from me but I'm glad to see we still have vins today. Data point for my fellow Cali folks;

My SA confirmed it is common for Cali deliveries to happen near the end of the quarter, BUT he said -

"That is typically the case but since the Model S deliveries are just beginning, the typical delivery schedule is not applicable from what we are being told."

I also saw in the other thread that vins are assigned when they arrive at the delivery centers. Does anyone else know if that's true?
That is what I have heard as well, but that doesn't explain all the people who got VINs only to have them pulled. Not sure what to believe.

Reactions: legend_of_jim

It will all be revealed when Dorothy opens the curtain amd see’s who the real wizard of oz is.

Reactions: JimLL
Last edited:
Just got an update July 13th-July 20th, after being blank for one week. (It had been July 1st-July 13th for 2 days). Not holding my breath, I've been fooled too many times but hoping it sticks this time.

Ordered mine on 1/1 pre-refresh, black exterior, black interior, 19', no fsd, RN1143. Then changed to 21's and MSM a week ago.
its official changing to 21s is the way to go

Reactions: Chrisatx
Good morning all,

I'll add a data point: RN11437, ordered mine January 2021, Black/cream, 19", no FSD. Delivery window has been blank since order date...
it is the 19s they're not coming until october. people ordering in mid april with 1147s and 21s are receiving dates, if we with 19s have a time crunch and want the car we gotta switch. Not really hard for tesla to alert the people of this pretty clear that it is the hold up. They could give two shts if we want to give them an extra 4500 or even if we get the car

Reactions: doubleshot