Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some pics from this morning! This car is a beast! I have no more words to say!
IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

White seats. 19s. I feel like Im never getting my car.

I had an SA tell me, "Sep on a good note... December being more likely". WOOOOOAH BRUH! LOL
There have been a few white interior and even white/white cars (all with 21"s) delivered so far. It certainly seems there are less white interiors being delivered than other colors, but at this point the only incontrovertible fact is that no 19"s have been delivered.

Congratulations on the VIN!!! 👍
So mine (looks like same build) updated this morning as well, except mine says July 9 - July 20 and no VIN. I am definitely not holding my breath!
Thanks. Not sure if this helps, but this is how it progressed for me:
- like many my account would update with date ranges (or a specific month) and then transition to blank through most of May and June. Most of the time, however, it was blank.
- last week I had an estimated delivery date of July 4 - 16.
- over the weekend my account transitioned back to blank and remained blank until this morning.
- the VIN was assigned to me sometime between midnight and 345am ET (yes, I checked my account around midnight and then again at 345am… and no, I’m not insane… we are all just “passionate”).

I spoke with my SA… based on the information available to him in the system, it appears my car was produced this past weekend (June 26 or 27)… so it took a few days to allocate the VIN.

It appears many have indicated that they receive a VIN after their account transitions from a date range to blank. I think the fact that you have a specific date range (rather than just a month without a date range) is a positive sign… but all just speculation on my end.

I anticipate that since EOQ has passed, they will manufacture in batches and prioritize orders by order date; at least, that seems to be the right approach.

- like many my account would update with date ranges (or a specific month) and then transition to blank through most of May and June. Most of the time, however, it was blank.
- over the weekend my account transitioned back to blank and remained blank until this morning.
- the VIN was assigned to me sometime between midnight and 345am ET (yes, I checked my account around midnight and then again at 345am… and no, I’m not insane… we are all just “passionate”).

I spoke with my SA… based on the information available to him in the system, it appears my car was produced this past weekend (June 26 or 27)… so it took a few days to allocate the VIN.

It appears many have indicated that they receive a VIN after their account transitions from a date range to blank. I think the fact that you have a specific date range (rather than just a month without a date range) is a positive sign… but all just speculation on my end.

I anticipate that since EOQ has passed, they will manufacture in batches and prioritize orders by order date; at least, that seems to be the right approach.
Well, congrats from a fellow Raleigh Tesla enthusiast; will keep an eye out for you around 540 :). Very jealous!

Since I have the "trifecta" of Red / White / 19 inch wheels and a December 2020 reservation, you'll know that production is REALLY underway once I get a VIN.

I have been 'blank' since my "Feb 14 - Mar 14" delivery date disappeared.

Still blank here. Called my SA last week, she claimed to know nothing about 19" wheels being a problem.

BTW, I admit to a vicarious thrill when everyone posts their pictures here. Please keep posting them ! Your cars all look fabulous!

Since I have the "trifecta" of Red / White / 19 inch wheels and a December 2020 reservation, you'll know that production is REALLY underway once I get a VIN.

I have been 'blank' since my "Feb 14 - Mar 14" delivery date disappeared.

Still blank here. Called my SA last week, she claimed to know nothing about 19" wheels being a problem.

BTW, I admit to a vicarious thrill when everyone posts their pictures here. Please keep posting them ! Your cars all look fabulous!
I think more than anything, the 19 inch seem to be a problem. We have seen red being delivered and i got my white interior as well.
i switched to 21 on monday, got a vin within a matter of few hours and eventually got mine delivered yesterday.

Reactions: Danlbrau and foos
it is the 19s they're not coming until october. people ordering in mid april with 1147s and 21s are receiving dates, if we with 19s have a time crunch and want the car we gotta switch. Not really hard for tesla to alert the people of this pretty clear that it is the hold up. They could give two shts if we want to give them an extra 4500 or even if we get the car

Now it is Oct for 19’s? I though August? If Oct, then I am done and will just keep my Bimmer. That is ridiculous if true.

• Funny
Reactions: patt0n
I think more than anything, the 19 inch seem to be a problem. We have seen red being delivered and i got my white interior as well.
i switched to 21 on monday, got a vin within a matter of few hours and eventually got mine delivered yesterday.
I honestly wonder how much of the 21" adjustments that led to immediate VINs was a "point in time" opportunity; now that the EOQ push is over, would the same modification make much difference to us lowly 19" reservation holders?

Bottom line, if Tesla would just be transparent about things, we could all make more informed decisions (and maybe in edge cases, make Tesla some more $$$)

Thank you!!
I swear I have been circling around this similar theory for a while, so it is good to hear someone else say it. I was blank for most of the time since my order was placed. Yesterday was September and then this morning, an actual date range which is something I have never seen before.
I completely agree a date range followed by blank is a good sign.

Reactions: Danlbrau and cwanja
Thanks to MDK and his Vegas lead, Tesla found me a car in Marina Del Rey. Just parked it in my garage at 12:47 am.

Car looks perfect and 2 hour drive home was amazing. AP is much smoother and more confident, Yoke makes nags super easy to avoid. At least on the highway, the yoke is better. Turn signals will require practice. One click AP is great.

I have had an S85, P85, 3LR and drove my 3P to pick this car up so pretty familiar with all the options. Happy to answer questions or take any pictures and will get a 0-60 video tomorrow if others haven't by then. Anyone in Del Mar/Carmel Valley have a Draggy?.

A few questions I just saw, tires are 265 front, 295 rear. It comes with the 110 and 220 plugs.

LR/Black/Black/21 order FSD 5 minutes ago to avoid license fees.View attachment 680012
Looks Great! Glad to help