Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right there with you in 19” purgatory. Ordered MSLR 3/2 RN# 11458 blue/cream 19” FSD. Really don’t want the 21”but am worried they will be shutting down the MS line soon to switch to the X line without finishing out the remaining MSLRs with 19”…
The config on the website is still showing Sept-Oct for MS LR but MX is Jan-Feb if that actually means anything. And Elon’s predictions were 2000-2400 vehicles per month by now. So 🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: Danlbrau
About 500 miles later, I can share a few issues that I’ve found. I still think the car is extremely well built, but I guess they just missed a few:
1. Lose A pillar trim. By the looks of it they forgot to put the clips on so it need to be taken off etc
2. They forgot the PPF near the rear driver side wheel. Passenger side is installed 🤷🏻‍♂️
3. Some noise insulation issue that I am still chasing. At speed above 60mph there is very pronounced wind noise. I found a way to fix it with this supreme tuning solution (picture attached) 😃 But will call Tesla to think of a more appropriate fix, or just add one more toy seal on the other side for symmetry 😀

Attachments

• 342D4893-B542-4F69-BA69-3743FED368CC.jpeg
    342D4893-B542-4F69-BA69-3743FED368CC.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 90
He estimated 1000 week by Q3 which I’d take as end of Q3/late Sept at best.
They somehow produced 2300 and delivered 1800 in Q2, one would think mostly June so I am hoping that 1,000 a week is hit earlier than later in the quarter.

Although it doesn’t matter for us 19” peons if they can’t find a way to source the standard wheel after six months of trying.

For everyone commenting about their wait, our order was January and RN1143, so take a number LOL. Spoke with my delivery coordinator and she confirmed 19" are purgatory. She acknowledged that upgrading to 21" would enable her to locate me a car. Don't want them but agreed. She called me the next day with a blue and a white she could grab me, but we're only interested in midnight silver metallic. Hoping this will be the week as we leave for vaca next week =O

About 500 miles later, I can share a few issues that I’ve found. I still think the car is extremely well built, but I guess they just missed a few:
1. Lose A pillar trim. By the looks of it they forgot to put the clips on so it need to be taken off etc
2. They forgot the PPF near the rear driver side wheel. Passenger side is installed 🤷🏻‍♂️
3. Some noise insulation issue that I am still chasing. At speed above 60mph there is very pronounced wind noise. I found a way to fix it with this supreme tuning solution (picture attached) 😃 But will call Tesla to think of a more appropriate fix, or just add one more toy seal on the other side for symmetry 😀
Who forgot PPF? S comes with PPF? Huh?

Reactions: NOLA21SGuy
@doubleshot what? You just thumbs down anything I say?
Lol. Usually because you have a May order date and a July delivery in MD and lots of other people ordered way before you. Somehow you're impatient still and totally understand Tesla keeps changing your dates. But sucks you keep getting a date and there's way more people ahead of you (such as 2020 orders still not filled, or me I'm early March). You change rims and all of a sudden get a date of a few weeks from now. Lol. So yes, I disagree with you getting a date.

I got a text from sc that asked if I wanted to take delivery in July and asked me to confirm my home address. Still no vin but hoping this is a positive step. When I log into Tesla it says august.
I got two of these in June and no car. I'm right next to you in MB. MY account says August also same colors BLK BLK 21's profile has been completed since the day after I ordered the car and funds verified. I was told months ago I would get it before the showrooms but don't think it will be the case

Well I switched to 21 inch last week and I went from blank, then had the dates bounce around a bit in July/August but today landed on July 13 with a VIN and payment request ( have to pre pay as in Texas). Sold my car last week so hoping for delivery in next 10-14 days. Only downside is I broke my right door so no driving until mid August but it will look nice in the garage😟

Lol. Usually because you have a May order date and a July delivery in MD and lots of other people ordered way before you. Somehow you're impatient still and totally understand Tesla keeps changing your dates. But sucks you keep getting a date and there's way more people ahead of you (such as 2020 orders still not filled, or me I'm early March). You change rims and all of a sudden get a date of a few weeks from now. Lol. So yes, I disagree with you getting a date.
Well that’s pretty ridiculous. First of all I’m not any more impatient than anyone else. And this thread is people updating their delivery status. I’ve repeatedly stated that this has been fun. I’ve repeatedly shown support for those waiting a lot longer. I have a very basic config and followed the advice of others who saw success by switching wheel size. So maybe you should disagree with Tesla penalizing people who’ve ordered 19s or white interior and not act as if I’m the problem.

With your current config, I guarantee if you switch interior color, you’d probably have a date by the end of next week. I ordered at a time when placing that order meant an August delivery. It quickly went blank and I got lucky by taking a chance the wheels would help.

So stick to your white interior or change it and get a date. I’m not the one doing this to you!!