Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it happened.

Delivery was a decidedly straightforward affair. No drama, and strangely, almost no words.

All I can do is just echo what everyone else has said:

-Fit and finish is better than expected, but maaaybe could use a little more attention. My trunk is maybe 1mm lower on the driver side, and some of the wood trim feels a little rough. Photos attached. Will try and get that rectified. I am not one to obsess about millimeters though. The biggest issue I have is my driver’s side mirror vibrates a good amount. Will have a service call for that.

-Yoke is gonna take some getting used to. I definitely grabbed the nonexistent top of the wheel. But I feel i’ll be fine in a couple days.

-Acceleration is wooooooooow. I’ve only put it in sport, and coming from an Acura it’s.. an entirely different kind of machine. You literally are at 90 without knowing it.

-The car is QUIET. Even without the ANC.

-It feels a lot nicer than the last gen. We drove my brother’s 2018 Raven to pick it up, and honestly the interior comparison is night and day.
Absolutely gorgeous and honestly, even knowing about your trunk concern, you can’t tell.

Enjoy the hell out of it!!!!

Are
@ct101 My drivers mirror vibrates considerably and I have already put in the list for service.

Good to know I’m not the only one. Did you note this after you got it home, and did they give you any resistance? I just emailed my SA and his manager about the mirror - along with photos of the “rough trim” (which I really am not sure if it’s a problem, as it’s real wood - but would like opinions from here if anyone has them :) )

Well it happened.

Delivery was a decidedly straightforward affair. No drama, and strangely, almost no words.

All I can do is just echo what everyone else has said:

-Fit and finish is better than expected, but maaaybe could use a little more attention. My trunk is maybe 1mm lower on the driver side, and some of the wood trim feels a little rough. Photos attached. Will try and get that rectified. I am not one to obsess about millimeters though. The biggest issue I have is my driver’s side mirror vibrates a good amount. Will have a service call for that.

-Yoke is gonna take some getting used to. I definitely grabbed the nonexistent top of the wheel. But I feel i’ll be fine in a couple days.

-Acceleration is wooooooooow. I’ve only put it in sport, and coming from an Acura it’s.. an entirely different kind of machine. You literally are at 90 without knowing it.

-The car is QUIET. Even without the ANC.

-It feels a lot nicer than the last gen. We drove my brother’s 2018 Raven to pick it up, and honestly the interior comparison is night and day.
So the wood is meant to have ‘imperfections’ like that. Almost to mimic unfinished wood. Think someone else in the main S delivery thread compared two or three other Model S’s and they were all the same. So it’s standard.

Other than that, enjoy the hell out of the car!! Coming from a 2019 S, makes me happy to hear some of your comments.

Are

Good to know I’m not the only one. Did you note this after you got it home, and did they give you any resistance? I just emailed my SA and his manager about the mirror - along with photos of the “rough trim” (which I really am not sure if it’s a problem, as it’s real wood - but would like opinions from here if anyone has them :) )

I sent in a service request on it. Also told my SA who made a note in the computer.

So the wood is meant to have ‘imperfections’ like that. Almost to mimic unfinished wood. Think someone else in the main S delivery thread compared two or three other Model S’s and they were all the same. So it’s standard.

Other than that, enjoy the hell out of the car!! Coming from a 2019 S, makes me happy to hear some of your comments.
Good to know as well! It is real wood, so I don’t expect it to be like it came off a 3D printer. Thanks for that info!

BTW, I just want to reiterate how literally insane the speed of this thing is even with the LR. It ABSOLUTELY keeps pulling past 60, and HARD. The first time I gunned it was literally life changing. I don’t have any idea what the heck I’d do with the Plaid. I don’t think I’ll even come close to pushing this thing, it’s just got endless power that just keeps going.

062AB5D6-A35C-4CA5-A8FA-C65D0770A110.png

I've got a call from Fremont. I was so excited and accepted right away.

Turns out it was god damn hilton hotel ad.

Whatever...

Curious if there're any 19" tempest MS LR orders out here that have an EDD? For a moment I forgot where the EDD shows up, I've lost it!
Also, how do I set a signature? I am not able to find it anywhere in my profile. Is that also a superpower of sorts?

Curious if there're any 19" tempest MS LR orders out here that have an EDD? For a moment I forgot where the EDD shows up, I've lost it!
Also, how do I set a signature? I am not able to find it anywhere in my profile. Is that also a superpower of sorts?
I have the 19s for my order and mine still says August (for about a week now).

Reactions: Arunks and cwanja
I think your will get a signature power in a few more posts. Not sure how many, but it comes after a certain point. You can also check if it is in your profile dropdown here:

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 8.27.48 PM.png

Reactions: Arunks and Sbaimo
I think your will get a signature power in a few more posts. Not sure how many, but it comes after a certain point. You can also check if it is in your profile dropdown here:

View attachment 682103
Lol, looks like the sweet spot was 5 messages/5 reactions. Got my signature now. Will be lurking around here for a while by the looks of it.

I have my MVPA with my vin but no discount. How long does it take for the payment to go through? I have the cash waiting to go for the final invoice. I am supposed to pick up on Tuesday and already have the plane ticket.
Happy for you, sounds great. They told me to put the payment in when you get your final documents. I got mine the day before I was supposed to get delivery. They use Plaid to transfer money, but I think you can wire it too. I would call the SA, they can fix up the discount, mine didn't show up until late though. Glad you are getting a car!