Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sorry if someone has already asked this on here, but is the Tesla App via the phone (iPhone in my case) only available once you take actual delivery of the car? I’ve downloaded it (and have a VIN), but it just shows the T and “no products found”. TIA
once its delivered it will show up in your account on the app

Reactions: kawasr and cwanja
Does it matter if you have a tesla anymore? Like I remember them saying for M3 that if you are a current owner you rank higher in priority. Same with location? Last car i got was a 2018 m3 that I ordered in 2016 the day of the announcement. I was one of the first orders but got it delivered when it was open to public. I got screwed and they claimed it was because they prioritized west coast and tesla owners

Does it matter if you have a tesla anymore? Like I remember them saying for M3 that if you are a current owner you rank higher in priority. Same with location? Last car i got was a 2018 m3 that I ordered in 2016 the day of the announcement. I was one of the first orders but got it delivered when it was open to public. I got screwed and they claimed it was because they prioritized west coast and tesla owners
From what the trend has been. No. No priority to previous owners. Unless you're Omar and famous :)

I think the M3 was different because it was brand new model release. This is just a refresh.

And that is assuming it is for new orders. So will we start to see previous reservations with 19s get it in July? Only the monkey with neurolink hooked up knows for sure.
I am hoping that is the case, but July is already half over and nary a single 19” shipped that we know of. And the premise that 19s will ship in August is based on the assumption this time Tesla will actually meet a commitment, which isn’t their forte. FWIW, I ordered a Plaid Blue/Cream/19” on July 6 and my EDD is blank after being July for two days.

One thing is certain though, that if they delay much further they’ll have to shut down the line because they’ll fill all the Arachnid orders. And with that BS $5,000 increase added to LR orders changed to 21s now, there won’t be anyone jumping ship on LRs. Plaids can but those have to be a relatively small share of total MS sales.

Reactions: cwanja
zero priority for current owners. Current S owner here, and zero movement.

Guys. Something happened!

My delivery center called this morning and offered to deliver today instead of tomorrow! 😁

So yeah, I’m going driving now.

DE4E33A9-FE94-45CE-AC31-0778EA940EEB.jpeg

So Cal Ordered Jan 1144 MSM black 21’ FSD
Just called my dealership to see if they had any idea when I would get my car. After four tries someone finally picked up. Said I had been trying to contact them before. Said yes he sees my text messages. Never bothered to reply. Guess what his computer was down. Couldn’t give me any eastimate but thinks it will be by the end of September. Meanwhile people who ordered months after me have their car. F****** JOKE !!!!

So Cal Ordered Jan 1144 MSM black 21’ FSD
Just called my dealership to see if they had any idea when I would get my car. After four tries someone finally picked up. Said I had been trying to contact them before. Said yes he sees my text messages. Never bothered to reply. Guess what his computer was down. Couldn’t give me any eastimate but thinks it will be by the end of September. Meanwhile people who ordered months after me have their car. F****** JOKE !!!!
That’s ridiculous. Your car isn’t a unicorn and you have 21” wheels. You’ll get it in the next 30 days.

Reactions: cwanja and croman
Does anyone know for the people that had free supercharging does is stay with the car if you sell it to someone else?
It depends. Free supercharging for life is transferable for 2016 and earlier Model S, at some point it changed to non-transferable. And then at some point if just stopped being offered. Not sure when the transferability ended or when it was no longer offered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tony99
It depends. Free supercharging for life is transferable for 2016 and earlier Model S, at some point it changed to non-transferable. And then at some point if just stopped being offered. Not sure when the transferability ended or when it was no longer offered.
I own a 2017 Model S with free lifetime supercharging. I am selling it to a friend, and it does not transfer to the new owner.

Reactions: Tony99