Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1626451928807.png

Posted this on other threads, but my Plaid w/19” order from last week is showing July delivery this morning. My Jan 27 LR with 19s still blank EDD. Both cars Blue/Cream.

I have a Black/White/19" ordered mid December RN1142 that I had not heard anything about since ordering. It was going to be a Christmas present for my wife! I was told it would be 8-10 weeks! and I believed them. Never heard of a "refresh". Foolish me.
I never received an estimated date, no VIN, no email or calls since I ordered. I called yesterday complaining and woke up this morning with a JULY estimate. Is that coincidence after so much time, or does it just look like they are just filling 19" orders. I don't know.

My question for you experts: We are taking a 7 hour trip out of state pretty soon. How long would you want to have possession of the car before you embarked on a long trip? Its not like taking off in a new ICE. Im pretty technical (recently retired engineer) and I have leaned a lot from reading you guy's posts but there is definitely a learning curve. Like I've never touched a yoke.
I would probably feel comfortable with a week to get acquainted. But would I take 2 days? How about one day?

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
For anyone holding Edd: July or August, let me give you a tip.

It could be just for me, but ever since the end of June, my Edd stated July->blank->July->blank->July. Considering the delivery time after assigned the VIN, I don't think I'll get my car by the end of this July.

So it's better to hold your breath until you get the specified time frame or ACTUAL VIN. But I still think it's a progress so let's all hope together.

I have a Black/White/19" ordered mid December RN1142 that I had not heard anything about since ordering. It was going to be a Christmas present for my wife! I was told it would be 8-10 weeks! and I believed them. Never heard of a "refresh". Foolish me.
I never received an estimated date, no VIN, no email or calls since I ordered. I called yesterday complaining and woke up this morning with a JULY estimate. Is that coincidence after so much time, or does it just look like they are just filling 19" orders. I don't know.

My question for you experts: We are taking a 7 hour trip out of state pretty soon. How long would you want to have possession of the car before you embarked on a long trip? Its not like taking off in a new ICE. Im pretty technical (recently retired engineer) and I have leaned a lot from reading you guy's posts but there is definitely a learning curve. Like I've never touched a yoke.
I would probably feel comfortable with a week to get acquainted. But would I take 2 days? How about one day?
It's a car. You will be fine to drive it right away. Input your destinations into the car navigation and it will tell you when and where to stop for charging. If you have watched any of Omar's videos on yoke steering, it only took him (and me) about 24 hours to get used to it. And it's not like you can't drive the car while you are learning. The turn signals actually take longer to get aquainted with than driving the yoke itself. You'll be fine to go on the trip. If they even stick to the July timeline.

I wouldn't hesitate to take the car on a trip. We flew to KC and picked up a Tesla Model 3 and immediately drove it 600 miles back to the Denver area. If you aren't familiar with Supercharging, you might want to try it out before you leave town or before your battery gets too low. While it is rare to have a problem, you wouldn't want to be in the middle of nowhere and find out you have a charging problem.

There was a batch of Model S in December 2017 that had a problem with their charge ports. They worked fine for charging at home but the Supercharger plug wouldn't fit. Fortunately, we tested out that Model S at a Supercharger before leaving town and had the problem fixed before we took that car on any road trips.

View attachment 685047
Posted this on other threads, but my Plaid w/19” order from last week is showing July delivery this morning. My Jan 27 LR with 19s still blank EDD. Both cars Blue/Cream.

Interesting- My screen is “Preparing for Delivery” with the payment screen being the last step not completed, though I have an EDD of September. Did you fully complete the payment section, and that’s how you got that screen? My SA told me to wait on completing that section

Don't forget to update your information here:

Also, my car is now showing JULY as well. RN11436

Interesting- My screen is “Preparing for Delivery” with the payment screen being the last step not completed, though I have an EDD of September. Did you fully complete the payment section, and that’s how you got that screen? My SA told me to wait on completing that section
The July EDD seems to be a guesstimate by Tesla. From what I’ve seen, it’s not until you get date ranges like “July 21-26” that you can expect a car to be on the way. Even then it’s not a sure thing. No payment info available on my account yet and probably won’t be until a VIN is assigned. I’ll wire funds the moment they ask even though it might be a while before the car comes. At least then I’ve got better standing to ask my SA “Dude, where’s my car?”

Reactions: Zaker89
Don't forget to update your information here:

Also, my car is now showing JULY as well. RN11436
More importantly put it on your profile and signature so people don't have to go find / pull up / and search the spreadsheet when reading your posts.

EB00488D-134A-41A5-B673-2F2BCE04D03C_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

Happened to me with my 3. Brought it home and left for a 8 hour thanksgiving trip the next morning. Short answer, you’ll be alright. The regen braking will be the biggest change for you so give yourself 5-10 miles of driving (ideally surface road and highway) and you’ll know what you need to know. The trip planner will automatically route you to the right charging stations as needed.

Reactions: cwanja