Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so after getting pushed back to 8/5-8/13, i texted the number that i am really not sure who replies to all the time, I asked if I could count on getting the car by my birthday of 8/12, not even a response. Im feeling Tesla may not be for an impulsive person like me, i feel like i may stop on the way home and buy something crazy one day, but whatever i would have chosen is probably all sold out too.

so after getting pushed back to 8/5-8/13, i texted the number that i am really not sure who replies to all the time, I asked if I could count on getting the car by my birthday of 8/12, not even a response. Im feeling Tesla may not be for an impulsive person like me, i feel like i may stop on the way home and buy something crazy one day, but whatever i would have chosen is probably all sold out too.
Please don't rely on those EDDs until you get VIN assigned.

The New 2022 Porsche Macan S now has the 2021 GTS engine in it.🤩

I just called Tesla Costa Mesa, which is my delivery location and SA there told me there are no issues with model S deliveries and they've been doing it.

She told me once VIN is assigned to my account and delivered to the SC, there will be no limitation of delivering it to me.
Can anyone actually confirm this with a delivered MSP in the last couple days? I'm hearing a lot of conflicting info lately.

What did you order? I was at Westchase Tuesday and saw three refreshes. At least one of the refreshes was a white / black / 21s. Other two were MSM and black (as far as I could tell) - not sure if the were LR or Plaids.
I just received a VIN. Definitely not at Westchase location. Although I did check out the MSM that was there. BLU/BLK/WOOD/21”/FSD

That SA is misinformed. Talked to my SA today, and there is a hold on ALL S deliveries...engineering hold....likely a S/W issue
Although I agree with this statement, it seems ridiculous that you think their SA is wrong because YOUR SA told you something different.

Why do we constantly have to read posts about what SA's say????

Oh my. I got a VIN! 4366 “August”

1627011063630.gif

Uggghhh. I think there is a good possibility you may be correct.

This has to be pretty serious to stop shipments. They're so far behind they have to know more delays are going to cause issues (complaints/cancellations). I know you guys say Tesla doesn't give a *sugar* about complaints, and I agree, they mostly don't. But nobody wants to keep fielding calls and more bad press about delays and then add more delays just for something minor.

I've been very hopeful it'll be a software fix, but hadn't really thought about the prospect of them nerfing the cars, but that is such a Tesla thing to do.
I think if it was a battery issue, we would know. Wouldnt they have had to put out some kind of recall for vehicles already delivered if it was a safety concern....or maybe that is coming in the coming days

yes, the farther i get into this, the more i realize not to trust anything unless you have a vin. I did hear back that they think i should get a vin in "the next few weeks"
There’s a bunch of people who had their VIN taken away. I check my account multiple times a day. The only thing I trust is driving home from my delivery.