Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While the massive hold is ongoing, my edd shows july 24 - august 05 (from july 23 - aug 05)
Speaking about the hold, it seems that a few people on this thread are expressing frustration with their dates shifting, not recognizing the problem at hand. With so many posts on this thread everyday, it is easily missed. Let's make it clear for everyone:

ALL MODEL S DELIVERIES ARE CURRENTLY ON HOLD

Yes, this even includes any cars in the showroom/delivery center that were otherwise ready to be picked up. No one knows why, and there is lots of speculation, but that is the story in a single sentence. It would be nice for Tesla to say something, but, as is typical for them, they are failing to communicate anything.

Here is the hold thread (as also posted earlier): Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

my october date has been steady since my early june order. However, I'm prepping for it to be closer to early December based on recent delays.
Good news is, I picked up a solid 2005 C class beater off of CL for a pittance. Needs some work that I'll handle myself as a nice summer project. In the end, I'll be able to flip it for about twice what I paid and only about $200 additional parts into it.
I ordered in early July, and I had September-October, but been holding at October since. From what it sounds like, August is going to pick up production, so I'm guessing August/September will get a lot of orders fulfilled. I'm hopeful we'll both get October!

Since ordering my Model S;

Dolby Atmos Speakers installed in Mancave
Mancave painted
All new LG Kitchen Appliances
Garage Painted and Epoxy Floors
New Hot Water Heater
Nee HVAC (Air Conditioner and Furnace)
Tesla Charger and 14-50 Nema installed in garage

With a New Roof, Deck and new flooring - I would've damn near rebuilt my house before this damn car shows up...
We have the same spec ordered..white on white LR and no FSD.
And..I used to live in the "Q" section of Bowie. (assuming Bowie still names their streets by section/where all streets in a section start with same letter). lol

I’ve had a rolling estimated date that’s started a couple of weeks ago with no VIN. Last night it was Aug 2-9. This morning there’s a VIN but delivery estimated October 😳. This hold going on may be awhile.
New forum rule👮‍♂️. You can't tell us that you got a VIN unless you tell us what you ordered. You may have mentioned it once 50 pages back, but I can't remember my own configuration. Good thing I put it in my signature.

New forum rule👮‍♂️. You can't tell us that you got a VIN unless you tell us what you ordered. You may have mentioned it once 50 pages back, but I can't remember my own configuration. Good thing I put it in my signature.
Totally agree. My heart skips a beat thinking that someone with 19" wheels got a VIN

MS LR Black/Black 19" | 2.10.21 RN 1144 | EDD Blank 4 LongTime

AND add it to both places on your profile so it shows on evert post you make:

EB00488D-134A-41A5-B673-2F2BCE04D03C_1_201_a.jpeg

I ordered in early July, and I had September-October, but been holding at October since. From what it sounds like, August is going to pick up production, so I'm guessing August/September will get a lot of orders fulfilled. I'm hopeful we'll both get October!
I'm in almost the same boat. Ordered May 30 and I've been October since then. I was told by my SA that they are doing their best to get shipments out by end of Sep (of course the EOQ) but that was also before the hold. I don't think anyone has verified that the delivery hold means they are also holding on production (which I would like to doubt).

I'm in almost the same boat. Ordered May 30 and I've been October since then. I was told by my SA that they are doing their best to get shipments out by end of Sep (of course the EOQ) but that was also before the hold. I don't think anyone has verified that the delivery hold means they are also holding on production (which I would like to doubt).
Taking a look at @gabeincal recent flyover, factory still seems to be pumping cars out. Just storing them around the facilities. Which means a mid-quarter logistics nightmare. Tesla keeps it exciting.

No, I think it is clear they are not shipping these cars. In fact, I think someone posted that their SA said their car was built and done at the factory, but Tesla will not ship it till the firmware / hold issue is fixed. So they will move, but awaiting the fix.
Ahhhh, good deal. At least they will stay moving and have 'hopefully' minimal impact outside of the fix. I was just thinking of that set of 400-500 that people were concerned about getting.

Ahhhh, good deal. At least they will stay moving and have 'hopefully' minimal impact outside of the fix. I was just thinking of that set of 400-500 that people were concerned about getting.
For the moment, those are still sitting collecting dust. Week after week, it is clear there is zero cars being pulled from that lot. OR Tesla is being smart and replacing it with an equal car.

However, VINs coming out are showing sequential order. So that is a good confirmation it is of newer build. SAs have probably never been asked "what is the build date" more in their life than right now.

Reactions: mikef85
What is dangerous is going back to watching the initial drone footage. Those are all LRs sitting there. Which COULD mean they pull them eventually. It could also mean that they using only LRs for test drive / fleet vehicles. With regards to the latter, I have heard / read:
  • No test drive units until August at the earliest - from my "SA" who was my SA for my first Model S, who now manages South US region test drive events and remote deliveries.
  • Another user said their store said no test drive units till October / November of this year.
So in either scenario, if they do start moving those cars to the fleet, anyone taking delivery at or around that time is going to be sweating it. Including myself.

What is dangerous is going back to watching the initial drone footage. Those are all LRs sitting there. Which COULD mean they pull them eventually. It could also mean that they using only LRs for test drive / fleet vehicles. With regards to the latter, I have heard / read:
  • No test drive units until August at the earliest - from my "SA" who was my SA for my first Model S, who now manages South US region test drive events and remote deliveries.
  • Another user said their store said no test drive units till October / November of this year.
So in either scenario, if they do start moving those cars to the fleet, anyone taking delivery at or around that time is going to be sweating it. Including myself.
Thank you for your detailed response

Reactions: cwanja
Birdies whispering the S deliveries are halted given the Plaid battery fire two days ago.
People made fun of me that I didn't know what I was talking about with this, but it is true. Nobody is willing to say what's happening publicly but I have it on pretty good authority (and some speculation) that this is battery related. I'm genuinely concerned about a repeat of 'nerfing' the new Plaid/LR battery design much like tesla did to the 85 packs.