Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA in RI has already delivered two LR 19s, so sorry, not correct 🤷‍♂️
My SA left his position in May and had 0 communication. I was a male Karen and complained to the manager and now I deal directly with Cooperate no SA. I think cooperate is more accurate then any SA they told me about the delays in May that no SA knew. I wish you were right, but keep dreaming my friend expect November/December. Us backlogged people will be lucky to get an October Order.

19" Plaids will be August/ 2020 orders

My SA left his position in May and had 0 communication. I was a male Karen and complained to the manager and now I deal directly with Cooperate no SA. I think cooperate is more accurate then any SA they told me about the delays in May that no SA knew. I wish you were right, but keep dreaming my friend expect November/December. Us backlogged people will be lucky to get an October Order.

in the meantime some Model X refresh ownes thinking they get the car in September :oops: 😂

My SA in RI has already delivered two LR 19s, so sorry, not correct 🤷‍♂️
My SA in MA also told me that they have delivered LRs with 19" tires, so I asked him to call me when he next has a car with 19" wheels being prepped for delivery so that I can come down to gawk at it. I bet he doesn't call before people in this forum are regularly reporting taking delivery of model S with 19" wheels. My SA is as useful as others that I hear about.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
I'm just curious how people on this forum who ordered 19" wheels in May/June somehow think they are going to get their cars in August/ September. There are people who ordered Plaid models from last December that still don't have cars. There is a long line of people ahead of you...keep dreaming.
Order date is one of many factors determining delivery date. No way to predict what gets delivered before what. So……have a bourbon and chill. You’ll have your $100k car soon. First world problems….

Awaiting MS LR, MSM, Black, 19"; ordered January 2021, RN1143

Saw a new MS LR in black, with 19" wheels at a Chicago area Tesla store today, so I went inside to ask about my July EDD. They looked up my order and said it was only as far as build planning now, so mid- to late-August would be more realistic. However, they did say that they have been receiving new MS deliveries for the past several weeks.

View attachment 688439View attachment 688441

Here’s another one with 19s posted a few days ago. I think it has a FL temporary tag.
Edit: Illinois

Attachments

• 3C908273-A5EA-47D0-AA58-7C09389D912E.jpeg
    3C908273-A5EA-47D0-AA58-7C09389D912E.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

In the end, unless youre real name is Sylvia Browne, or Miss Cleo… its all assumption. Like stated, June orders for LRs are being filled for some. How? Who knows, but fact remains, youre still sitting while someone who pressed “enter” in June, is not. Understand your frustrations, but it doesn’t make assumption “fact”. 🤷‍♂️

What confused me is there legit images for LRs… with 19s… on this forum… in this thread. Have some faith. Believe it or not, this part of the Tesla way is what makes these cars hold their value, as well as make them that much better to own. Gotta look at the glass half full.

Reactions: Vinny860 and cwanja
I ordered my LR/19" in Jan. It's already almost August now (with blank EDD).
If I don't get mine delivered by September, I'll probably hold it out to Jan '22 (delay delivery), rather than accept a '21 VIN in Oct/Nov/Dec.

Or come September, I'll be willing to sell my position in line (for no profit) and place a new order :). Let me know if anyone's looking :).

Last edited:
I ordered my LR/19" in Jan. It's already almost August now (with blank EDD).
If I don't get mine delivered by September, I'll probably hold it out to Jan '22 (delay delivery), rather than accept a '21 VIN in Oct/Nov/Dec.

Or come September, I'll be willing to sell my positing in line (for no profit) and place a new order :). Let me know if anyone's looking :).
You realize there could be no difference between a September LR and a “2022” LR right?

I just googled "train route fremont california to chicago, il" and a map appeared. I clicked on that map and it showed two different routes, one northern and one southern. It won't show you where the Northeast distributions go; I got that information from someone at the SC and worked backward from there.
many thanks - i googled, found an "interactive freight train map" and the best part? it had areas that were stubs - like islands - nothing before or after, just say, a 10 mile unconnected stretch (obviously an error). and when i zoomed in, it wasn't perfect, but went right through people's homes - eek!
still, pretty cool.
i looked up with google (so you know on the internet it must be true!) and from what i can gather, it takes ABOUT 3 days to go from california to say, the northeast, the trains can go up to about 70mph, and when not loaded up they go about 45mph (i wonder if more prone to tip if lighter).
it amazes me - so if they start a build and give a VIN, and it takes 4 days to build, say, 3 on the train, add some logistics and whatever, it could be as soon as say, 10 days from vin assignment to receipt at a SC. (skip the train and pick up in Freemont and you avoid a lot of logistics, but the fact that it can get cross country so quickly amazes me).
i have no idea where, or how many stops, etc. and then if it goes from a train depot to the SC by trailer (i imagine so)

Reactions: grossmak
Yeah trying to save on perceived depreciation $$. It's my first luxury/expensive car, so trying to be cautious. And yeah benefits such as HOV - I'll be moving to CA soon, so it'll be a bummer to lose out on an extra year of HOV
For the past 2 years, Telsa has been coding the Q4 deliveries with a new VIN year (i.e. I anticpate they'll follow suit again and any builds in October/November/December should come with a model year 2022 VIN). Tesla changed practice on this in Q4 2019.

Reactions: Waverider317
I've had my VIN for LRS for 2-1/2 weeks. Still no delivery scheduled. Every day my delivery date moves out by another day. : (
I bet you were caught up in the production hold and your car might have been parked outside of Fremont while resolved the hold. Now it is getting the logistics of those cars that were held up into the customer delivery locations.