Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also live in Indianapolis. Just got VIN yesterday (white/cream/21/no FSD) and my EDD is 8/12-8/18. Who have you been in touch with at the Castleton location? Don’t want to finalize finances until I get closer to the date as I know it will likely get delayed.
A guy named Lake. He's actually been pretty helpful but he has no control of what's happening in California.

Reactions: cwanja
I just spoke to my third SA and they have been unwavering in telling me that there is no "secret internal system" that gives them an estimate of where a particular order might be in the build process. That I just need to "be patient" and that no info has come down from HQ on what's going on with the 19" wheels.

I - like others - am frustrated at the inconsistency in information coming out of the different branches. If you could DM me and let me know which facility you spoke to, I'd greatly appreciate it...maybe I can give someone else a call and get some more info.

when did you order? Darn i have the same RN1151 and my EDD still says OCT. Hoping that holds...
June 14 was my order date for MSLR Blue/White 19" NoFSD

albeit I'm sure the White interior and 19's doesn't help my EDD

Reactions: Filter and travwill
Does anyone else just get redirected to their dashboard page when they click Manage in their Model S order?
I haven't been able to open my order page for a few days now, as it just reopens the dashboard page when I click Manage.
SA doesn't know what's going on
Log out (click Log Out) and log back in.

If the log out, log in doesn't work, try clearing your cache and logging back in.

RN11530 - Was October, not blank again. Really hoping that Dec-Jan message a few have received isn't true.
Mine is RN1153 also, and has never changed from October. I’ve never had it go blank. Ordered July 17.

Attachments

• 97A29C96-C410-4171-BD3A-4146BC31F0EB.png
    97A29C96-C410-4171-BD3A-4146BC31F0EB.png
    689 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Vinny860
every manufacturer is encountering delays on parts...this isnt only Tesla...
Do you know of any instance in which the delay has been over half a year past the estimated delivery date that the company provided at the time of purchase? People need to stop defending this piece of trash company Tesla. Nobody would be upset if Tesla had sold the car saying they would do their best to deliver it promptly but it could take up to a year or more. But they sold the car telling me 1-2 months.

RN1150, late May, blue/cream/19/no FSD... but the guy didn't even check my account. First words out of his mouth when I said "just calling to ask about my S" were "deliveries are December-February, we are prioritizing Plaid." THEN, he checked and said "Oh, well you ordered 2 months ago, there are people waiting from January we need to deliver first."

Tesla cracks me up... "Sir, you've been waiting for 2 months, there are people who've been waiting for a year who we've dicked over WAY harder."
As someone who DID order in January, I am glad to hear this: “…there are people waiting from January we need to deliver first.” (After showing a July EDD for half of July, my EDD has returned to blank as of August 1st.)

Do you know of any instance in which the delay has been over half a year past the estimated delivery date that the company provided? People need to stop defending this piece of trash company Tesla. Nobody would be upset if Tesla had sold the car saying they would do their best to deliver it promptly but it could take up to a year or more. But they sold the car telling me 1-2 months.
Yes, I do. And this doesnt include a certain luxury car dealership in Vegas that has less than 1/4 of the cars they normally have on the lot. This is why used cars and rental car pricing is through the roof.

"Piece of trash company"...yet here you are

As someone who DID order in January, I am glad to hear this: “…there are people waiting from January we need to deliver first.” (After showing a July EDD for half of July, my EDD has returned to blank as of August 1st.)
I mean… talk is cheap, sadly. I think the SA was trying to shame me into agreeing that it would be unreasonable to expect my order on the communicated timeline because of how badly they blew the timeline earlier. It’s definitely a strategy…

Reactions: UnicornHunter
I mean… talk is cheap, sadly. I think the SA was trying to shame me into agreeing that it would be unreasonable to expect my order on the communicated timeline because of how badly they blew the timeline earlier. It’s definitely a strategy…

It's amazing that over the course of over half a year, Tesla remained oblivious to all of its "parts shortages" and continued to give false delivery estimates.

Reactions: Tigers
MSLR RN 1145 OD 2/20/21 Blue/Black/19/FSD EDD Blank (since mid May) Denver, CO

If you have a LR with 19 inch wheel order, its not realistic to expect it to arrive before October at the earliest. Tesla still needs to deliver all the 19inch plaid orders before they start doing LR.
My order went in 10 days before yours; similar situations. We cannot change to 21" wheels to potentially accelerate orders without accepting a base model price increase as well as risking further lead time slip if Tesla was to just push the adjusted order to the back of the line.

Although I'm still excited about getting my Model S someday, the lack of communication and clarity is disconcerting.

Reactions: An Introvert
It's amazing that over the course of over half a year, Tesla remained oblivious to all of its "parts shortages" and continued to give false delivery estimates.
I suspect procurement type humans were aware of what is going on today as well as the near future. The "false delivery estimates" tune has been in the #1 slot for so long, it's now PLATINUM!

• Funny
Reactions: Ormond and Jmworder