Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1628055930026.png

From Tesla Daily article.

The price shown in the chart for the Model S Long Range at the start of 2021 is NOT correct. When we placed our order in January (before the refresh was announced), the Long Range Plus was $69,420. The change since Jan 1 should be $20,000.
Technically the "Long Range" wasn't ever available for $69,420. So the information is correct. I suppose he could add another line for the "Long Range Plus" showing a starting price of $69,420, and then a column for January 27th showing it was no longer available. (Like he did with the Standard Range Model Y.)

As you said you ordered the "Long Range Plus" which was an entirely different car. And your order got transitioned to a "Long Range" for $77,990 right?

Last edited:
Technically the "Long Range" wasn't ever available for $69,420. So the information is correct.

As you said you ordered the "Long Range Plus" which was an entirely different car. And your order got transitioned to a "Long Range" for $77,990 right?
The current Long Range is effectively the refresh of the Long Range Plus that was available as of Jan 1, so at the start of 2021 the relevant pricing comparison was the Long Range Plus. (Yes; our order got transitioned to the refreshed Long Range at $79,990 with a promised $2,000 discount.)

And they also want people to order plaids by decreasing the price difference between LR and plaid so they can further screw over early LR orders.
I had a Jan LR and a July Plaid and cancelling the Plaid tomorrow. Had to buy another car to get me through the wait and I’m not going to reward Tesla’s atrocious customer service now that I’m not over a barrel.

This is the message I got when I asked.
Tesla Order Support. Thank you for reaching out regarding a referral code. Please note that referrals cannot be added after an order is placed or at time of delivery and is not a code that is entered at time of purchase. For additional information, please visit the referral program support page: Referral Program
I forgot to use my own referral code when I ordered, and texted my SA he said no problem, he submitted it, and I see it applied now on the app in my loot box.

I’ve had two people add it after the fact and another on here asked for the information today. Waiting to see if it gets applied. Did you chat with someone or email the referral program?
I emailed the referral program to ask yesterday. I’ll report back when I hear. If they say “no,” I’ll call the SC and ask. Or I’ll just wait until pickup day (if/when it occurs)

Last edited:
Reactions: cwanja
Out of curiousity, how man Tesla orders do you have?
1 - June, MX White/Cream EDD = January
2 - June, MS White/Cream 21” EDD = Blank
3 - July, MY Blue/white EDD = Blank
Two here in my sig. One from May, and one from late July. The May is blank but the July is October still at least. While I love the white/white, I'm not going to mind if the MSM/white comes in first ;-) Kinda letting Tesla make the color decision for me, ha!

Reactions: Ormond
Honestly, if Tesla sent me a note and said, "look, you're not going to get 19" anytime soon. If you want to upgrade to 21" for an additional $4,500, then that will expedite your build", I would do it in a heartbeat. However, proactively doing it now means an extra $15,000 with no certainty that it won't move me to the back of the line.
They want us to change/cancel our orders. They are going to make early LR/19’s wait, possibly forever, to deliver cars because I suspect the margins on the car with the $2000 discount and $10,000 less cost makes it a bad deal for them due to increase in parts across the board.

Crosspost:
Question : On my new S Long Range when I do hard accelerations or a launch, when it starts to hit about 60 or 70 MPH, the steering gets a little squirrely. I'm forcing it to stay straight and correcting it. The yoke is pulling left and right. I have to slow down since on not on a track so don't know what happens after that. I took it into service and they are saying that is completely "normal". I find it hard to believe that feeling like a car might lose control is something normal. Are they giving me the run around or is there something specific I can tell them that needs to be fixed or looked into?

Crosspost:
Question : On my new S Long Range when I do hard accelerations or a launch, when it starts to hit about 60 or 70 MPH, the steering gets a little squirrely. I'm forcing it to stay straight and correcting it. The yoke is pulling left and right. I have to slow down since on not on a track so don't know what happens after that. I took it into service and they are saying that is completely "normal". I find it hard to believe that feeling like a car might lose control is something normal. Are they giving me the run around or is there something specific I can tell them that needs to be fixed or looked into?
My dude, 99% of he people in this thread don't have their cars yet, so I don't know if there are enough owners lurking here to answer. Way to pour salt in our wounds :)