Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA is smarter by the way...he just doesn't answer and hides from me whenever he can.
Ditto.
Cross-posting from another thread:

I just contacted my delivery center today and they responded back that my October date was now estimated from the factory as “mid-December”.

RN1151 white/black/19 east coast

That is NOT going to fly with me. Thinking it’s time to pull the plug now rather than continuing to wait and be disappointed.

They really botched this launch. Like really, really badly.

I had a similar experience and feeling a couple days ago. But the problem is… do you have any way to verify that you’ve been told the truth? For all you know they told you that to get you off their back and your car is slated for September 15th.

I don’t say this to make you feel better per se, more that you literally can’t trust anything (good news or bad). I wouldn’t cancel your order because of this update. I’d cancel it if you don’t want it anymore.

Cross-posting from another thread:

I just contacted my delivery center today and they responded back that my October date was now estimated from the factory as “mid-December”.

RN1151 white/black/19 east coast

That is NOT going to fly with me. Thinking it’s time to pull the plug now rather than continuing to wait and be disappointed.

They really botched this launch. Like really, really badly.
UGGGGHHHHHH RN1152 White/black/19 and east coast! sounds like I won't be getting mine this year.

Ditto.

I had a similar experience and feeling a couple days ago. But the problem is… do you have any way to verify that you’ve been told the truth? For all you know they told you that to get you off their back and your car is slated for September 15th.

I don’t say this to make you feel better per se, more that you literally can’t trust anything (good news or bad). I wouldn’t cancel your order because of this update. I’d cancel it if you don’t want it anymore.
I mean, many SAs also told us the 19s weren’t coming and yet we have Plaids with 19’s about to take delivery. It’s entirely plausible that you’ll get your car in October once the EOQ push is factored in.

Reactions: Vinny860 and cwanja
Ditto.

I agree. Nothing they say can be trusted. And that’s really the problem.

I’ll leave the order open but I’m seriously shopping around. Taycan test drive is scheduled for this weekend. I’m almost inclined to just buy the Porsche and if I can’t live with it for some reason, well…Tesla is in no rush to deliver me a vehicle so why should I be in a rush to pick one up from them?

UGGGGHHHHHH RN1152 White/black/19 and east coast! sounds like I won't be getting mine this year.
Don't count on it. At least most of you guys have cars! Mine was totaled while in the garage (victim of somebody else's freak accident) in Dec of 2020 and I have been without a car and waiting on my Tesla since then. Wife has SUV and I work from home, so been saving money and spending on crypto...

Just watched the video. Logistics lot is busier than I have seen it in many weeks/months of videos so that is encouraging. It would be nice to know what is missing/wrong with that huge lot of Model S's at the end. agreed. Really don't want one of those but I have a feeling they will be delivered at some point once whatever issue is ironed out.
They have been in that lot since May. And yet they have been manufacturing S's since May as well. If they were to "move" those cars and fix it, you think it would happen already. I am pretty convinced those are going to fleet / test vehicles. If they ever move.

Reactions: patt0n and Concade1
With absolutely zero disrespect or criticism aimed at anyone switching from LR to Plaid to get the car earlier, I personally cannot imagine paying an additional $ 50k (Canadian + 13% taxes) to get a car where I drive in a world that 100 KPH ( 63 MPH for our cousins down South ) is strictly enforced and a ticket for anything related to what this car can do would double insurance in a key click if not triple !!! A Prius is ripe for a ticket in the Great White North..... and where (mostly except our wild West) radar/laser detectors are illegal (not that they don't exist 😉). I could get one if I wanted but after a couple of gut crushing and exhilarating launches and demo rides, I would be relegated to the masses of drivers. I get my need for speed from flying where the speed limit below 10,000 ft is 200 knots .....
Oh Canada,…..

the hat of the US.

Played hockey in the Soo for a few years, in another lifetime. Early 80s. The OPP was always around.

I mean, many SAs also told us the 19s weren’t coming and yet we have Plaids with 19’s about to take delivery. It’s entirely plausible that you’ll get your car in October once the EOQ push is factored in.
I agree 100%. I’ve posted this before but I’ll post it again. My SA who has been a Tesla long time told me that unless my account on his end has a flag on it that says “this customer will not be getting a car this quarter” than it’s entirely possible I will get my car this quarter. March order. Both the plaid and the long range are highly profitable cars for Tesla and they want to deliver as many of both as they possibly can this quarter.