Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• F2915769-2A3D-4A1C-B2EB-CD9C2CBE3ADA.gif
    F2915769-2A3D-4A1C-B2EB-CD9C2CBE3ADA.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 152
I personally can’t see that many plaids with 19s. I hope I’m right 🤞
I think you are right. FWIW I ordered a Plaid 7/6 as the wait for the 1/27 LR order was killing me. After a month and no EDD I bought a new car to be my second car once my MS arrived, and cancelled my Plaid order, it naturally before I could cancel it populated with an Aug 10-19 EDD. We all know EDDs can come and go, but if that was true there’s probably not a lot of Plaid orders for 19” wheels if they are filling orders just over a month ago.

Guys, I visited Tesla Factory Showroom in Fremont today & saw many Plaid with 19 & 21inch being picked by customers. I also saw a handful of MS LR with 21 inches ready for delivery. While walking the lot I found an opportunity to take off the ugly-looking plastic covers & took snaps of what the 19-inch rim looks like to my surprise it's not that bad.

Attachments

• Tesla3.jpg
    Tesla3.jpg
    763.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Tesla.jpg
    Tesla.jpg
    826.9 KB · Views: 82
  • tesla2.jpg
    tesla2.jpg
    719.7 KB · Views: 71
  • tesla4.jpg
    tesla4.jpg
    687 KB · Views: 87
Walnut Creek SA are literally useless, so no surprise there that they are clueless. This is coming from an 1142 res holder with no EDD and no more feedback than "October" for months
Damn, I am sorry. I can remember how happy and excited I was when I made my Reservation. Spending $100,000+ on a new car is a very big deal. I'm sure when we finally get our cars we will be happy, but all this BS ruins it in the meantime.

Reactions: Jbapckfan and reddy
Guys, I visited Tesla Factory Showroom in Fremont today & saw many Plaid with 19 & 21inch being picked by customers. I also saw a handful of MS LR with 21 inches ready for delivery. While walking the lot I found an opportunity to take off the ugly-looking plastic covers & took snaps of what the 19-inch rim looks like to my surprise it's not that bad.
Scumbag Tesla. design horrible looking hubcaps and make the ones underneath even uglier so you are forced to purchase the 5k rim option. Making the car realistically more expensive with lower range

Edd for LR 19s updated from 8/21 - 9/3 to 8/23 - 9/3..i know it doesnt matter without a VIN, but hope is eternal...
I'm hoping something comes through for you. Nice to see the DMV finally getting a LR to see on the streets...

Hopefully mine isn't too far behind, even though I've been diagnosed as having WIC (White Interior Curse)

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and rvpCO
Same as most before this. September initially, them blank for stretches, then a range starting in mid-July. Shifting by a day every day.
That is what happened to me and got a VIN 2-3 weeks later. SA was as puzzled as me how I got a VIN when the original date was October. Car is scheduled to arrive in Raleigh on the 19th.

Personally it looks better with the cover on to me, horrible without it. Both are not that great looking at all. For a 100K car there engineered so well, seems like a custom non-plastic hubcap type wheel that was 19" and aerodynamic could have been developed.

How hard was it to take them off? The reason I ask is I usually damage a rim at least once a year and wonder how hard it will be to replace damaged covers. Thanks.

How hard was it to take them off? The reason I ask is I usually damage a rim at least once a year and wonder how hard it will be to replace damaged covers. Thanks.
If they’re anything like the M3 aerocaps they are very easy to pull off. However, they do not cover the outer edge of the wheels which are the most likely part of the rim to experience curb rash so keep that in mind.

how does the wheel gap looks with the 19" wheel on the low height setting? IMO the wheels without cover and with cover look terrible. I started looking at some 19" forged wheels for BMW's that should fit our car and they decently priced at <$3000 per set.

Honestly I like the aero covers on this. The dark color adds a lot. Maybe something a bit sportier will come in the aftermarket like the Rimetrix Orbital for the Model 3 but until then I’m pretty happy. At least they’re not silver like the old caps.