Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the second time I have had a date range first was in July, that disappeared quickly. I have been blank for the past 2-3 weeks. Woke up this morning with a Late November/Early December Range. This after consistent September EDD's. I'm pretty frustrated like everyone else. RN1149 order. LR Red 21's Creme.

Sad part is I have ZERO faith in any of these date ranges. We all know they are going to change/disappear, etc. The fact that it is pushing me out 3 months gives me little hope for a delivery this year.......JUST MAYBE Tesla is finally taking the stance of under promising and over delivering.....That can irritate people too not ready for delivery. Just wishing for more consistency and communication...ugh.

We sold our car recently too anticipating a September delivery after ordering in May. First time Tesla owner.
I feel your pain. This was going to be my “within my means“ dream car I really wanted. Now it is like “screw this … another year waiting will not hurt me. Time to go PLAID“ ahaha

RN1143 MSLR White/Cream 19" no-FSD ordered Jan 9, St Louis, MO. Got my first date range (since it showed March 6-31 early on) this morning: Estimated Delivery: August 29 - September 18. For what it's worth, got a call from my SA two weeks ago after months of silence saying maybe August but surely September because of EOQ.

Next step, see if I still have a date range tomorrow!

Reached out to my delivery center based on the long pushback and they replied:

"Our delivery timelines have been fluctuating some lately due to worldwide shortages of raw materials such as steel/copper/semiconductors/etc. At this time, the most accurate date for you will be the one reflected in your account. You should receive text message updates as more info becomes available."

and my 6/27 order with the same configuration has now moved to February. I am out. How in 2021 can a company go from a 4 month delivery window to 9 with no repercussions? If they can build FSD (yeah right!), they should be able to tell you when you make certain combination choices your order will be extended to X. The fact they continue to get away with blatant lying to their customers is completely ridiculous. I am fine with Tesla giving you a non-refundable deposit if you meet your obligations and I choose to go away for my convenience. If however, you take the money then double or triple the delivery timelines it is now bordering on theft. I know this is well traveled territory based on the other comments here, but I will never be back. Being a new company has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to measure your supply chain and to effectively communicate delivery timelines for existing products. If it does fire the people in charge. This isn't a sweater that can come at any time. Some of us are trying to plan lease ends, etc. I left myself 3 months of insurance "just to be safe" and Tesla coudn't even meet those timelines. Disgusting.
Totally AGREE!!

Reactions: DCland21
Just received this email from Tesla. I believe this is a reflection that Tesla actually put some work into this flood of EDD's this morning:

We’re contacting you regarding the timing of your Model S delivery, as we recently updated your Tesla Account to reflect the most accurate estimate. You may see a delay with regards to your delivery timeline.

We understand this may be disappointing and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please continue to check your Tesla Account for any changes to your timing, which should remain updated to represent our best estimate.

Thank you for your ongoing patience, and we look forward to delivering your Model S as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

The Tesla Team

Reached out to my delivery center based on the long pushback and they replied:

"Our delivery timelines have been fluctuating some lately due to worldwide shortages of raw materials such as steel/copper/semiconductors/etc. At this time, the most accurate date for you will be the one reflected in your account. You should receive text message updates as more info becomes available."
Mine was a bit different. They told me Aug 23rd for a delivery date a few weeks ago and his response was "We gave you accurate information that was provided to us at the time" Now they have no information and says it could be sooner than February but he doesn't know. Then he proceeded to tell me that even though I have purchased multiple Model S's, if I wanted a used Model 3 they could get me one pretty quickly.....ugh want to do

and my 6/27 order with the same configuration has now moved to February. I am out. How in 2021 can a company go from a 4 month delivery window to 9 with no repercussions? If they can build FSD (yeah right!), they should be able to tell you when you make certain combination choices your order will be extended to X. The fact they continue to get away with blatant lying to their customers is completely ridiculous. I am fine with Tesla giving you a non-refundable deposit if you meet your obligations and I choose to go away for my convenience. If however, you take the money then double or triple the delivery timelines it is now bordering on theft. I know this is well traveled territory based on the other comments here, but I will never be back. Being a new company has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to measure your supply chain and to effectively communicate delivery timelines for existing products. If it does fire the people in charge. This isn't a sweater that can come at any time. Some of us are trying to plan lease ends, etc. I left myself 3 months of insurance "just to be safe" and Tesla coudn't even meet those timelines. Disgusting.
Agreed!
This is why I am taking a break from the forums and just placing my order for a plaid for next year. Someone higher up has been like messing me up for this Long Range order for me. Like telling me “go plaid, go plaid, go plaid” and now … They successfully convinced me.

OH and Tesla just sent me an email about this! Let me post it on another comment…

Just received this email from Tesla. I believe this is a reflection that Tesla actually put some work into this flood of EDD's this morning:
I just received the same email, which includes "You may see a delay with regards to your delivery timeline." Funny thing is that I went from EDD of blank to August 31 - September 20, which to me is not a delay at all. I always considered a blank EDD as either "never" or "infinite", so having a real date range is an improvement in schedule as far as I am concerned.

RN1143 MSLR White/Cream 19" no-FSD ordered Jan 9, St Louis, MO. Got my first date range (since it showed March 6-31 early on) this morning: Estimated Delivery: August 29 - September 18. For what it's worth, got a call from my SA two weeks ago after months of silence saying maybe August but surely September because of EOQ.

Next step, see if I still have a date range tomorrow!
My RN is 1146, and my delivery window just populated as 10/11-10/31. Sequencing perhaps starting to make some sense. Hope you get yours, and hoping they crank mine out in Q3 delivery push.

Reactions: feixingyuan
C54E8F28-4091-46F0-89BF-1F5D9E274A3F.png

just got this email