Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have anything besides a gut feeling to back this up, but I think these new EDDs are sandbagged as opposed to being optimistic as they were in the past.
That’s a good point. You would think if they are doing damage control they would put EDDs they know they can deliver, rather than miss for the umpteenth time. I hope you are right!

Hi, I am new to this forum. Currently the model X owner. Ordered the MSLR in the end of March. RN1147, white exterior and black interior, 19", FSD. The estimated delivery date was blank for months but just received an email today from Tesla saying there is an update. After I login to the account, now it shows the estimated delivery as September 18 - September 30.

If removing the FSD doesn't change the base price, my plan is to remove it before the delivery. I saw someone was able to do that and will update here.

Thank you.

I don’t have anything besides a gut feeling to back this up, but I think these new EDDs are sandbagged as opposed to being optimistic as they were in the past.

That’s a good point. You would think if they are doing damage control they would put EDDs they know they can deliver, rather than miss for the umpteenth time. I hope you are right!
If there were more orders with say "November" or "December" or "January" - I would agree. But the fact that people have date "ranges" all the way to December / January, I have a feeling this is accurate of their planned production. Throw in the X ramping up soon as well.

I got an update too with an email notification!

Estimated Delivery: October 10 - October 30​

And then this, shows that depending on your configuration - could still be part delays. White interior (my order) versus black interior (quoted order). Ordered nearly the same time. Five month delivery estimate difference.

PS. Happy for you though @Arunks you were just the most recent reply I could quote :)

And then this, shows that depending on your configuration - could still be part delays. White interior (my order) versus black interior (quoted order). Ordered nearly the same time. Five month delivery estimate difference.

PS. Happy for you though @Arunks you were just the most recent reply I could quote :)
this is the best day of updates we have ever had since this forum started.....glass is half full

Just got EDD. Aug 25 - Sept 14

LR Blue/Black 19" (ordered Jan 2021)

I'm elated, however when does Tesla switch to 2022 models? It might make more sense to delay delivery if the 2022-designated models start shipping in Oct/Nov (to help with resale value - I know it'll be the same :)). Does anyone know here?

Last edited:
I'm RN1149 also

White/white/19

Estimated Delivery: December 18 - January 07

About a week ago it said August

I've been really patient, but within a week, to push it back 4 months, is absolutely ridiculous. This thing of constant over-promising and under-delivering has me pricing out a taycan right now.
Same exact configuration with me, ordered October 2020, and just got EDD of Oct 12-Nov 1st

We all in this mess🤦🏾‍♀️

Reactions: cwanja
Just got EDD. Aug 25 - Sept 14

LR Blue/Black 19" (ordered Jan 2021)

I'm elated, however when does Tesla switch to 2022 models? It might make more sense to delay delivery if the 2022 models start shipping in Oct/Nov. Does anyone know here?
The roll over typically in October. There is varying opinion this, but the "2022" designation is just for paperwork. You are not necessary getting anything different than a "2021" model.

The email is probably a direct reaction to the person that complained about communication. So can we blame that dude for our late deliveries? I hope Tesla is sandbagging.

RN1147 MS LR Blue/Black int with 19" (was August) now at October 25 - November 14

So angry. Jan order this this morning !!!
That doesn't make any sense. You have 21"s and you are in CA.

Holy *sugar*. This is so much worse than I would have possibly imagined in April/May after a 2/2 order and initially expected deliveries in March. Just got date range of Nov 19-Dec 9. Order details in sig. I'm on the verge of needing new tires for my M3P, and I was hoping to make it to trade in without bothering, but this will almost certainly put me past it. If I put $1500 into tires, I'll likely just take the MSLR and flip it immediately given my price is already $10k below retail. I want to cancel after this bullshit news, but the reservation is just worth too much money.