Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't even believe they gave you a range of days already way out in February - that has a long time before to change quite a bit. I still have a whole month generic range on an order earlier - such a mess.
I think "Feb" is just a placeholder for "we have no idea... we'll get to it later... probably by Feb"
It is odd that you have specific dates in Feb... I doubt they can schedule or predict anything out that far.

Maybe start a new thread for this, as I'm sure there's multiple people in the same boat as you, I am one for sure. When I had a look at the Tesla parts site, it showed the spoiler as not something that can be ordered for resale (or whatever the terminology they used was). So it looks like a no at the moment, but I guess that might change. I'll definitely be reaching out to Mt Kisco's parts department closer to delivery.
On my 2016 Model S 90D, I bought a carbon fiber OEM Tesla spoiler on TMC for about $300 vs. $1500 for the same thing from Tesla
On my 2017 Model S 100D, I bought a carbon fiber OEM lookalike spoiler on eBay for $150 vs. $1500 for the same thing from Tesla. They looked identical.
On my 2021 Model S LR, I will buy a new carbon fiber OEM lookalike spoiler on eBay once I find the new spoiler style and take delivery of my car.

Installation only takes a few minutes as all you have to do is line it up and remove some strips from the double-sided tape.

Here's a theory -

Is it possible that due to the utter lack of communication from Tesla, causing some to make multiple bogus orders (trying to make sense of the production priority) is actually backfiring..

Since everything is automated, there are many orders that are just placeholders, extending the production time for actual order's. Grant it. Tesla will just sell the bogus order to someone with those configuration requirements - which in turn allows someone to 'cut the line'.

Maybe if those order's that people aren't intending to keep, just cancel their additional orders - the actual real order's will receive reduced EDD.

Basically the system just sees an order an allocates resources/dates based on number of units already ordered. Let's try to reduce the numbers and see if it has any effect.

Just a thought...

Let ua know how was your orientation

On my 2016 Model S 90D, I bought a carbon fiber OEM Tesla spoiler on TMC for about $300 vs. $1500 for the same thing from Tesla
On my 2017 Model S 100D, I bought a carbon fiber OEM lookalike spoiler on eBay for $150 vs. $1500 for the same thing from Tesla. They looked identical.
On my 2021 Model S LR, I will buy a new carbon fiber OEM lookalike spoiler on eBay once I find the new spoiler style and take delivery of my car.

Installation only takes a few minutes as all you have to do is line it up and remove some strips from the double-sided tape.
Can you kindly share ALL the info. for the 2021 S LR one when you purchase yours, installation info., etc. THX!!

Here's a theory -

Is it possible that due to the utter lack of communication from Tesla, causing some to make multiple bogus orders (trying to make sense of the production priority) is actually backfiring..

Since everything is automated, there are many orders that are just placeholders, extending the production time for actual order's. Grant it. Tesla will just sell the bogus order to someone with those configuration requirements - which in turn allows someone to 'cut the line'.

Maybe if those order's that people aren't intending to keep, just cancel their additional orders - the actual real order's will receive reduced EDD.

Basically the system just sees an order an allocates resources/dates based on number of units already ordered. Let's try to reduce the numbers and see if it has any effect.

Just a thought...
I have wondered the same thing...all these multiple orders on this thread...may have some impact, but remember, the people here are but a very small sliver of the buyers.

Or perhaps a production line change over to pump out some Model X? They’re produced on the same line in Fremont.
I have a feeling those are about to start getting littered in between S runs. Maybe they could have cranked through the S backlog, but it did not make sense when they have an X backlog and then you end up building an S backlog while only producing Xs. I am sure it will level out at some point and get back to the standard eight - 12 weeks for delivery at some point.

My date narrowed a bit. It's now 8/13 to 8/20 compared to 8/12 to 8/21 yesterday. I'm feeling optimistic, but if that range is legit shouldn't I already have a VIN??
LA? Eh. You are probably in the middle of that date range, maybe like 15th or 16th. And could get a VIN any day down. It is a day trip down to LA from the factory no?

Here's a theory -

Just a thought...
Yes. Everyone with white interiors please cancel your order ... Oh wait. Won't help me. Most people left ordered after me lmao.