Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this roughly how the EDDs are split into assuming that your profile is set up correctly? I assume the orders within each of these buckets are then prioritized (primarily) by order date.

1. Plaid 21s
2. Plaid 19s
3. LR 21s non-white interior
4. LR 21s white interior
5. LR 19s non-white interior
6. LR 19s white interior

I'm in bucket 6 with an order date of 5/4 and an EDD of mid Dec/Early Jan. I probably would have chosen a different option had I known that this would be the case.....
I think you are right, except they might be ordering by profile completed date rather than order date within those config buckets

evidence:
1) screenshot posted earlier from an internal tesla soft-matching interface showing "profile completed date" as one of the columns (and no "order date" column)
2) my own order, which was placed on 3/3 but I only completed profile around mid april, getting nov EDD that seems to match april orders more than early march (who are getting sept dates)

was told likely these dates will be pushed back even further. My september was told will come in november and no chance at all it moves up. I have now been moved to my 3rd sa despite being only respectful this entire time.
It is un real the level of customer service here. SA's could try harder despite having "no" information. They have more info then they let on clearly. why do I have 3 new sa's if my current sa is the one i'm emailing with. This has been a complete failure on teslas end and they will never pay the price because of the tesla fan boys they have. Was told that only way to get a sooner delivery would be take order that is already available and be charged the 10k. Alot of fanboys here saying they're not prioritizing higher markup orders first but it is definitely that way. Hell I asked too many questions and now have a 3rd sa. Guess i need to write a letter like the one guy with only 15 sigs and then go to my SC and tell them to take off the 10k add on.

What a failure this whole process is.

Here's a theory -

Is it possible that due to the utter lack of communication from Tesla, causing some to make multiple bogus orders (trying to make sense of the production priority) is actually backfiring..

Since everything is automated, there are many orders that are just placeholders, extending the production time for actual order's. Grant it. Tesla will just sell the bogus order to someone with those configuration requirements - which in turn allows someone to 'cut the line'.

Maybe if those order's that people aren't intending to keep, just cancel their additional orders - the actual real order's will receive reduced EDD.

Basically the system just sees an order an allocates resources/dates based on number of units already ordered. Let's try to reduce the numbers and see if it has any effect.

Just a thought...
Tesla does not make vehicles by order. They have always been producing in batches and matching an order with inventory. Sometimes people get lucky (for instance I got free 21 wheels and interior color as a one time end-of-quarter incentive in 2019)

was told likely these dates will be pushed back even further. My september was told will come in november and no chance at all it moves up. I have now been moved to my 3rd sa despite being only respectful this entire time.
It is un real the level of customer service here. SA's could try harder despite having "no" information. They have more info then they let on clearly. why do I have 3 new sa's if my current sa is the one i'm emailing with. This has been a complete failure on teslas end and they will never pay the price because of the tesla fan boys they have. Was told that only way to get a sooner delivery would be take order that is already available and be charged the 10k. Alot of fanboys here saying they're not prioritizing higher markup orders first but it is definitely that way. Hell I asked too many questions and now have a 3rd sa. Guess i need to write a letter like the one guy with only 15 sigs and then go to my SC and tell them to take off the 10k add on.

What a failure this whole process is.
Absolutely "effin" outrageous!! This company continues to a new low as time goes on!! Illegal? No. Ethical, moral? F NO!!

without providing legal advice…you’d have to ask a lawyer about this stuff…

Knowingly providing false estimates of the delivery date (if, for example, Tesla knew in January that it would not be delivering cars sold then in February or March) may be illegal.

Prioritizing new, more expensive plaid orders over LR orders for which Tesla is six months past its delivery estimate may be deemed a violation of good faith and fair dealing.

Last edited:
I got a VIN last night with updated delivery dates. Hopefully they stick!!!

White w\blk interior 21 in wheels NO FSD Converted pre-refresh order on Feb 28 before way before $10k increase. I'm even getting $2k discount from pre-refresh order conversion.

Tesla LR VIN.png

Last edited:
Tesla does not make vehicles by order. They have always been producing in batches and matching an order with inventory. Sometimes people get lucky (for instance I got free 21 wheels and interior color as a one time end-of-quarter incentive in 2019)
Even so, there still would be less batches if needless orders were canceled. Leading to production of the next batches sooner...

It's still an issue of presumed purchases in the pipeline that are fictitious taking up legitimate real purchases. That in itself would speed up production

Knowingly providing false estimates of the delivery date (if, for example, Tesla knew in January that it would not be delivering cars sold then in February or March) may be illegal.

Prioritizing new, more expensive plaid orders over LR orders for which Tesla is six months past its delivery estimate may be deemed a violation of good faith and fair dealing.
I’ll bring that up with them as I wait for my check for the battery they nerfed in my P85D.

Pushed back two days yesterday to today: now 10/16 - 11/5 from 10/14-11/3. 1143 LR Black/white/19”. Yay for prioritized pre-refresh orders.

for what it’s worth for those saying plaid is being prioritized, my 1150 Plaid black/white/CR/19 order still has no EDD information, not even a month.
Your LR EDD is doing a little better than mine. We have the same build and Im 1143 as well and Im looking at Nov 4-20th.

What are the damages you are out? Your $100 order fee? Or §46 Intentional Infliction of Severe Emotional Distress (Boom!) -Just a joke...nothing serious here

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: cwanja and mspohr