Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order: Model S Long Range + 19" wheels, Blue, Black interior for delivery in Renton (I live in AK)
For the record: My first delivery estimate was 10-14 weeks (17 May - 14 June) followed by an estimate of 4-8 weeks (5 April - 3 May) later on March 8th. That estimate has now changed eleven times: this morning it is 26-30 September.

So no-one needs to scroll through these types of delivery estimate threads to find this sort of tracking info (including actual deliveries!), It would be nice if folks would enter their data on this spreadsheet, created by Troy Teslike: Teslike Model S/X Order Tracker

My EDD sat at Sept 21-30 for weeks and just moved forward a day today to Sept 20-30. I’m a Jan 27 order and within 30 miles of Fremont. Not a peep from anyone at Tesla in the 8 months I’ve been waiting, so I can’t imagine I’m getting a car tomorrow.

I’ve got an MSM 19” build. Anyone know if MSM builds have gotten delivered recently?
Yes, they have. We ordered the first week of January (MSM, Black, 19”), and received our car on September 3rd. Good luck tomorrow!

Reactions: dschol
Dumb question, but I think my car was delivered to the SC today. Is it possible to go after hours and look at it in the lot?
Hahah - I did the EXACT same thing. I got a text on Aug 31 saying,”Your Model S will be arriving at your local Tesla location on 9/12. Your delivery appt is scheduled for 9/14 at 2pm. Please let us know if you would like to reschedule.”

Since 9/12 was a Sunday, I immediately texted them back asking, “Can I reschedule my delivery for 9/13?” They never answered back 😁.

I was actually passing by the Tesla location on that Saturday after a short day trip out of town…and casually swung by. I did a little recon of the parking lot but didn’t see my MS. It didn’t get delivered till that Tuesday anyway lol - but I know what you’re going through.

As a side note, the parking lot was filled on both days I was there with white model 3s. I got a feeling within a few years, the M3 will be as common as Accords and camrys (or f150’s and Silverado’s in my neck of the woods).

Reactions: cascadilla
My delivery date was Dec-Jan yesterday, and it suddenly became Sep 22-30 (no VIN yet). I have heard that if you get assigned a delivery window that is within 2 weeks, it is accurate and will not change. Is it true?
Another dramatic EDD change today. My EDD became November 29 - December 19. The history:
- June: Sep - Oct 2021.
- Early Aug: Feb 2022.
- Mid Aug: Oct - Nov 2021.
- Mid Aug: Dec - Jan 2022.
- Mid Sep: Sep 22 - 30 2021.
- Today (Mid to Late Sep): Nov - Dec 2021.

I am not in hurry to use the car, but this actually pissed me off.

Dumb question, but I think my car was delivered to the SC today. Is it possible to go after hours and look at it in the lot?
Locally (Chicago area), you can. Our local Tesla store also has a remote lot a few blocks away, so “delivered to the SC” does not guarantee that you’ll find it at the SC’s lot. You might need to find their off-site lot to find your car.

1632088290827.jpeg

Someone got a new baby! Literally. It took almost nine months. And that is a distant memory now!

I just received an e-mail from my Tesla Advisor and although my EDD dates changed today to November 16 - December 06, he said that he just heard back from the Tesla factory and the estimated delivery day is mid-December for my new Tesla Model S...so it appreas the online estimates are still...estimates... If I can't get my car in October, then mid-December actually works for me given my travel schedule...
Seems to be, maybe, consistent pattern here...my dates are Oct 15 - Nov 4. Conversation with SA a week ago during which I was told to "expect in mid-Nov"

Reactions: MEL-22
Minutes from the latest meeting of The Mid-Q4 Delivery Club have been posted to the cork board. An excerpt follows.

Ladies and gentlemen, don't let buying reports and owner reviews from early adopters get you down. While they are enjoying their new cars, you, armored with patience and wisdom, will enjoy the fruits of time. To wit, we append here a partial enumeration of the advantages of a mid-Q4 or later delivery:
  • your delivery will likely avoid the infamous EOQ delivery rush (at least until mid-Dec)
  • increased probability that the factory will address more common quality issues
  • increased probability of new latent features being added, e.g. interior ambient lighting, tilt screen, refreshed headlights, etc.
  • increased probability of a clicky button yoke (...please, Elon, please...)
  • increased probability that FSD will finally not be vaporware when you take delivery
  • increased probability that difficult-to-source items like ...floor mats... will be delivered with the car, avoiding you having to make 3-4 appointments with Tesla to receive these items a la carte
  • you will get a 2022 model year vehicle -- unlike the poor SOBs who are stuck with the ambiguous 2021 model year
Enjoy the wait! So say we all!

I just received an e-mail from my Tesla Advisor and although my EDD dates changed today to November 16 - December 06, he said that he just heard back from the Tesla factory and the estimated delivery day is mid-December for my new Tesla Model S...so it appreas the online estimates are still...estimates... If I can't get my car in October, then mid-December actually works for me given my travel schedule...
This goes to show that EDD's make no sense. I have the same config, and ordered 10 days later than you, yet my EDD is 9/24-30.

Reactions: MEL-22
Not to burst anyone’s bubble on this but unless someone has an experience that proves that an SA actually has access to information that is different than what is surfaced to the customer
100% they have different information because I've personally see the page. The page shows: has it been soft matched, the soft matched status, and the 'Forecasted Factory Gate Date'. The Forecasted Factory Gate Date only gives months which shows October for me (meaning it'll leave factory in October) and yet my Order status page still shows EDD of Sep 22-30.

New here- I have a RN1151 east coast delivery, spec is Model S LR Blue with white interior and 19inch. Ordered early july and had a EDD of Sep-Oct. That got pushed back to Feb 2022 and then back to December 2021.. About 2 weeks ago EDD went blank and just got updated to Feb 2022 last night... I've read that some people get vin numbers assigned when this EDD process happens. Should I be expecting my car soon? :))
Not with that white interior...

From what my SA showed me on the computer, they only see a single delivery month only as the "factory gate date". For me, my account shows 9/22-9/30 but their internals systems just say "October" for Factory gate date, which is the month the car leaves the factory. I truly do not understand why the hell they would be showing an EARLIER date to the customer than what they show internally (which should be more accurate). It's almost like they are purposely trying to make the customer feel optimistic for fun
I have a similar EOQ online EDD date range and my mall SA also told me her system shows that I am slotted for an October production car (but also telling me to be ready to move quickly in case a car matching mine becomes available this month).

Since we are all in California, my theory is that they are either (a) keeping our EDDs at EOQ in case they have customers that can't or won't take delivery by EOQ so they can move to the next customer with the same order and have them ready to close the sale by EOQ and not have any unsold cars sitting at delivery centers at EOQ, or (b) pushing as many NorCal/ SoCal/ West Coast October production cars as they can into September to try to get as many delivered as they can to meet Elon's target of delivering the most cars ever this month to make up for the supply chain caused slower production at the beginning of Q3.

I hope you get your car soon. You ordered way before me. Good luck.

LR, MS with black interior, 19" wheels, no FSD, ordered May 1 in mall, RN1148