Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6/12/21: Ordered LR 19s white interior midnight ext
9/23/21: EDD 11/28-12/12
9/25/21: EDD "February"

Harrumph. This is our 5th Tesla delivery since 2014, and each time there has been drama about the delivery date, and in the case of the early 5 seat X order, whether it would ever be built (wound up with a 6 seat X at a compromised price ...).
9/27/21: no EDD (February deleted) Harrumph

Reactions: cwanja and Bilmuri
Seriously folks. . .how the heck do you get a SA? Any calls I make to the listed line of my delivery location (Highland Park, IL) get routed to a call center.
It looks like our LR will be coming on the same truck. I'm in Schaumburg and have been waiting for 8 months. Finally got my VIN couple days ago but still no EDD. My SA told me it should arrive around mid Oct. Good luck to us!

Reactions: Air Wind
Can you send a link to the product? I'm having trouble finding it

Reactions: Ryanflynn
Decided to cross post as my delivery appt is tomorrow for a Black/Black/21/NoFSD tomorrow in Scottsdale, AZ. VIN 4336xx with 101 miles....

Every ounce is telling me to reject - surely, there must be a way to find out what the reason for 101 miles and an early VIN in EOQ3 2021 means...

I picked up my msm/LE/21’s yesterday in Atlanta. Appointment was at 2 but I arrived around 1 and car was ready sothey let me go ahead. My wife was taken aback at how not clean the car was. It had clearly been washed but a quick half azz job. Windows were smeared so bad you almost couldn’t see out. Fit and finish looks good so far. No complaints on that end. SA and I spent about 20 minutes getting adhesive squares off the rear quarter panels. Other than the prep of the car everything went great and seamless. I drove 2 hours home from there and all I can say is wow! This car is too fast. Like many others have said I can’t imagine why I would want or need a plaid. Cameras calibrated quickly and I was able to use auto navigate on interstate which worked perfectly. My family was hesitant on this purchase but my daughter quickly changed her mind when I picked her up from dance practice and everyone was staring at the car. Didn’t have much time to spend with car last night but I’m looking forward to spending time with car this afternoon. Def worth the wait!

Can use some input here with this situation.

I ordered 3/21/21 (LR, While/Black interior, no FSD, 19") and was getting narrower and and narrower dates as late as 9/26-9/30 late last week. I was recently bumped to a delivery date 10/18-11/8 over this past weekend. I was actually kind of happy since I would have a 2022 vehicle. To my surprise I just received an email just a few moments ago and they gave me a VIN. I called and asked if I could reject the VIN and wait for a 2022. The rep said I can do that without affecting the pricing but she could not tell me if it would place me at the back of the line or just a few weeks out. Has anyone rejected their VIN? If so, how long did you have to wait for your car after doing this?
I have the same spec , edd 10/5-10/22 no vin, will be a 22. Ordered in may, trade me!!!

Reactions: johnnyfb844
Update: After discussion with my wife, we decided to reject the 2021 VIN I was just assigned a few hours ago. Back in 2015 I took a delivery of a model S the last day of November and just one month later I had a car that appeared to be one year old on paper. This had a significant effect on the value of the car when I sold it earlier this year and buyers would have rather had a 2016 instead of 2015 despite the explanation. The rep at Tesla was completely understanding. She detached the VIN from my account and put the account "on hold" until 10/1/2021 that way I don't get re-assigned another 2021 VIN. I realize this may put me a number of months out but I'm not in a huge rush since we have other vehicles and my last experience did weigh-in on my afterwards. I will let you all know how it goes since this is kind of a unique situation.
Am i crazy to think that we should be working together to trade reservations for those that want 22’ ? I just want a car and can trade res

I picked up my msm/LE/21’s yesterday in Atlanta. Appointment was at 2 but I arrived around 1 and car was ready sothey let me go ahead. My wife was taken aback at how not clean the car was. It had clearly been washed but a quick half azz job. Windows were smeared so bad you almost couldn’t see out. Fit and finish looks good so far. No complaints on that end. SA and I spent about 20 minutes getting adhesive squares off the rear quarter panels. Other than the prep of the car everything went great and seamless. I drove 2 hours home from there and all I can say is wow! This car is too fast. Like many others have said I can’t imagine why I would want or need a plaid. Cameras calibrated quickly and I was able to use auto navigate on interstate which worked perfectly. My family was hesitant on this purchase but my daughter quickly changed her mind when I picked her up from dance practice and everyone was staring at the car. Didn’t have much time to spend with car last night but I’m looking forward to spending time with car this afternoon. Def worth the wait!
Right there with you on Plaid. A detailer buddy of mine who knows Tesla well pick a plaid up yesterday to put a coating on it. Said the power is insane....and dangerous in the wrong hands....and this guy is a former pit crew chief for a NASCAR team.