Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car back from getting tinted and ppf. If any of you were curious what a lighter tint looks like. Here is Xpel XR black 45 on the sides snd back. I prefer the look of a lighter tint and like it lighter for nught driving. I didn’t go with the XR plus because of the blue hue. With the black and factory glass it rejects over 90% IR and 99 UV.
Did you paint the center cap for your wheels? Also, is that the stock color for the rims or did you get them powder coated?

Reactions: Air Wind
Got my car back from getting tinted and ppf. If any of you were curious what a lighter tint looks like. Here is Xpel XR black 45 on the sides snd back. I prefer the look of a lighter tint and like it lighter for nught driving. I didn’t go with the XR plus because of the blue hue. With the black and factory glass it rejects over 90% IR and 99 UV.
Elegant! Nice with MSM. I am seriously considering the same IF and WHEN I get my car. Not thinking of full PPF though.. Looks like you did full PPF.. Enjoy the car in good health....

Reactions: drdonger
Wait! I bought a Volvo XC40 pure electric for Rio de Janeiro because Tesla is not here. I have a Plaid in Miami, FL. I am happy with my Polestar twin but were I to have the chance I would change instantly for any Tesla, and when they come to Brazil I will. I still have a Model 3 reservation from 2016.

Waiting a few months for the S will fade once you have it.

I admit I'm biased.
Thanks. Trying my buddy’s polestar 2 next Monday, I really hope I don’t like it ;)

Glad it wasn't just me! Did it mess up your phone key too? It marked all my keys as "unknown" which makes it so now it doesn't auto lock when I walk away. Repairing the phone doesn't work at all either. I saw some posts on Reddit complaining about the issue
My car has been all out of whack since the OTA update. It won’t lock either. Plus it won’t connect to the Tesla network. I’ve called service and they weren’t able to fix it over the phone. Somebody will come out next week to my house to hopefully fix the issue.

Definitely a bit frustrating. Hopefully these issues get resolved quickly.

I received an e-mail stating that to better serve me,tesla updatede my delivery location to Peabody Ma., and that this will not affect my delivery time frame. I got home and found that my EDD was changed from Nov 26 - Dec 16 to December 08 - December 31. I ordered the car 1 Dec 2020. This really does NOT make any sense. I have enjoyed my previous S, but I have to drive >100 miles for service, and tesla service has become atrocious. My trunk will not lock, and as a result the car cannot be locked. This is a known problem caused by the locking mechanism. I made an appointment 3 weeks ago to get this repaired on Oct 6. The representative I spoke with said that it was a known problem that is easily fixed. On Oct. 4 the service department called to verify info given. This morning (Oct 6) the tesla app informed me parts are not currently available and they need to reschedule. They had THREE weeks to check out what parts are needed and if they didn’t have them to order them. Why wait until two days before service has been agreed upon to start checking when they know that the supply chain is so unstable. I am reasonable, if they started trying to get the parts 2-3 weeks ago and could not get them I would have understood. So I got the news that they hav changed my repair date to Oct 21. AND that my EDD is now more than a year after I ordered.

Excuse the rant, but be prepared for this type of treatment.
The only silver lining is they told you before you did the 200 mile drive to find out parts wouldn’t be there.

Very nice... I like the powder coated wheels too...

That's actually making sense. I ordered exactly a week after you with the same config and I'm at 11/29-12/19
Yeah, it feels like there is a degree of consistency with the Q4 EDD so far. I know that doesn’t really mean much, but it seems like there have been a lot of 2 week delays but the EDD relative to OD/RN seems to follow the same timeline.

Reactions: deadwynter
Just received the delivery text after having my delivery date move many times and was certain it would move again. Live in San Francisco area and originally pick up planned for Colma but now my only option now is for home delivery. They gave be a 4 day window starting Saturday to schedule a time. FYI: Received the VIN at the end of September. It is a MF VIN(2021). MS LR Black with black interior and 21" wheels. Super psyched to finally schedule delivery.

Text for Tesla:
Tesla Update - Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model S for delivery.

Select your appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RN115433***