Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just back from the local WPB delivery center doing an exterior practice checklist on a Plaid awaiting detail for a new owner. 1 black, 1 msm, both 19's which to me looked ok with the hubcaps on vs. off (just my personal opinion). A few new 3's & 1 Y with AS tires. All others were summer tires.

A rep. inside said my car is at the Richmond, Ca. train station which makes zero sense to me. She said it has been there 7 days?????

Later y'all...

Attachments

• 20211017_151736.jpg
    20211017_151736.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
OK @Louiedog, I am lmao because I sold my cherished 2019 MS P Raven a couple weeks ago to make room for the new rig and I’m driving my kids old Honda Civic to the train station until who-knows-when! EDD Nov 8 - Dec 6….. We shall see! Enjoy that Subaru. I feel ya!
Sorry I opened up a can of worms...but you all put a smile on my face this afternoon...as I wait along side you all for this new Tesla... At least you all have a car...it looks like I might be riding a bicycle... :)

Just back from the local WPB delivery center doing an exterior practice checklist on a Plaid awaiting detail for a new owner. 1 black, 1 msm, both 19's which to me looked ok with the hubcaps on vs. off (just my personal opinion). A few new 3's & 1 Y with AS tires. All others were summer tires.

A rep. inside said my car is at the Richmond, Ca. train station which makes zero sense to me. She said it has been there 7 days?????

Later y'all...
(And now @feixingyuan is wondering….maybe I should go see for myself….WPB Florida to Richmond Calif train station…how long could it take?)
1634507284539.gif

Also absolutely not excusing Tesla with their delivery process. However, I have friends who have ordered multiple different cars with similar, and most of the time, worse experiences. Take the Bronco for example. I know of two of my co workers who ordered one, were told June multiple times at XXX price. June comes around, they hear nothing. They call, low and behold, the dealers are now saying August, but with a $10k markup now to get the car. Of course they denied, but the principle is the same. It is *sugar* all over the car industry. As much as Tesla does wrong with its delivery process, i'll take it over a lot of the legacy car manufactures. Again, doesn't excuse a lot of the BS that happens. If they would follow the tride and true under promise over deliver people wouldn't be as outraged. They constantly over promise and under deliver though.
Well, I know a lot of places that say “sorry, we are delayed”. However I don’t know any that says “it’s Aug, no it’s January, actually it’s November, wait…it’s October, actually…it’s December”.

Which other company does that?

@Elon: just stick with delays man. Doesn’t do any good to go back and forth.

(And now @feixingyuan is wondering….maybe I should go see for myself….WPB Florida to Richmond Calif train station…how long could it take?)
View attachment 722700
Love it; well done!!

Was told 7 days ago my car was headed toward Alabama. This afternoon, while I had no intentions of bothering anyone, a Tesla employee standing by her computer asked if she could assist me. I have never spoken to any Tesla employee prior, believe it or not. I said ma'am would you mind checking my status with a delivery date of October 28 at 11:00E. She asked my RN, pulled it up and said it's currently in Richmond, California. Puzzled, I thanked her and left. In my car, I checked Google Maps - Fremont to Richmond train station????? Go figure...

• Funny
Reactions: rdmdriving
Love it; well done!!

Was told 7 days ago my car was headed toward Alabama. This afternoon, while I had no intentions of bothering anyone, a Tesla employee standing by her computer asked if she could assist me. I have never spoken to any Tesla employee prior, believe it or not. I said ma'am would you mind checking my status with a delivery date of October 28 at 11:00E. She asked my RN, pulled it up and said it's currently in Richmond, California. Puzzled, I thanked her and left. In my car, I checked Google Maps - Fremont to Richmond train station????? Go figure...
Fremont to Richmond to Birmingham jogged my memory about 1 "day in the office". I was in Dubai and the company needed me in Bahrain which is 19 minutes, "wheels up to wheels down". Why pay for a commercial ticket when they could send me to Karachi on a company aircraft (opposite direction) for 1:20, sit for 3 hours to ride a different company aircraft to Bahrain for 1:40. Again, go figure...

just saw a Black LR refresh driving around Marietta. I'd have taken a picture but it was filthy. man they look good. first refresh I've seen driving around. 3 weeks till the start of my EDD. I can't wait.
BTW, the 2 Plaids today at WPB, 1 black, 1 MSM, both with cream interior. Cream looked decent, however, I spotted a MY with white interior with the black contrast was in my opinion, simply stunning. So glad I ordered and stuck with white!!

Reactions: MEL-22
Love it; well done!!

One of the two car / train load / unload spots for the Bay Area, Richmond is BNSF.

Other one is Benicia, for Union Pacific routes:

Later y'all...
P.S. I apparently never got a good look at the spoiler on the Plaid - it's extremely tiny and for the 2012-20, I recall Tesla's price for that part - $1,500.00. Many are available on ebay from around approximately $110.00 - $350.00. Not a big deal, but if I knew which one fit the '21+ LR, I'd order one for sure.

Perhaps Tesla charges only $100.00 for the spoiler, however the included double sided 3M tape is mandatory at $1,400.00. Makes perfect sense...

I’ve had a vin for over a week now, my edd just got pushed back to the 20th -26th. This is the 2nd vin I’ve had, so I’m really hoping this one doesn’t disappear like the last one.

I managed to order this on Tesla.com. I’m going to start chugging it if the car gets pushed back again.

Attachments

• B2707FC5-013B-4BB7-A5BD-117C44FC3221.jpeg
    B2707FC5-013B-4BB7-A5BD-117C44FC3221.jpeg
    436.4 KB · Views: 67
BTW, the 2 Plaids today at WPB, 1 black, 1 MSM, both with cream interior. Cream looked decent, however, I spotted a MY with white interior with the black contrast was in my opinion, simply stunning. So glad I ordered and stuck with white!!
Interestingly, I am normally a sucker for contrast. However, after seeing numerous Tesla interiors, the white is, in my opinion, too much contrast. I find the cream interior stunning. These are of course purely subjective judgements. There is no wrong answer here. My son in-law ordered a plaid that's black with black interior and graphite inserts, so there you go. Everyone tastes different. Now aren't discussions like this less stressful than agonizing over constantly changing edds?

Interestingly, I am normally a sucker for contrast. However, after seeing numerous Tesla interiors, the white is, in my opinion, too much contrast. I find the cream interior stunning. These are of course purely subjective judgements. There is no wrong answer here. My son in-law ordered a plaid that's black with black interior and graphite inserts, so there you go. Everyone tastes different. Now aren't discussions like this less stressful than agonizing over constantly changing edds?
Agreed on all fronts!! Every exterior and interior combo I have seen look good. Cream was quite nice; for me, MSM/WHITE leave me with no regrets. Stay well...

Reactions: aerodyne and cwanja
I'm getting antsy now, seeing some LR White interiors getting VINs.

What are the first things you'll do after delivery? I'm doing ceramic tint and coating, and having my brake calipers painted blue. Then, a good road trip to see friends in SC, just outside Charlotte.

Next, we'll start planning our road trip to Boston. I did it back in 2013 before the supercharger network was so built out, in my 60kwh S. No auto pilot, no routing to chargers by the navigation system, no calculations to show where you'd end up battery- wise. You had to do it all yourself. I loved every minute of it.

I'm getting antsy now, seeing some LR White interiors getting VINs.

What are the first things you'll do after delivery? I'm doing ceramic tint and coating, and having my brake calipers painted blue. Then, a good road trip to see friends in SC, just outside Charlotte.

Next, we'll start planning our road trip to Boston. I did it back in 2013 before the supercharger network was so built out, in my 60kwh S. No auto pilot, no routing to chargers by the navigation system, no calculations to show where you'd end up battery- wise. You had to do it all yourself. I loved every minute of it.
Wave as you come past Wilton, CT :D Not sure if you have done that trip before, but I highly recommend taking Route 15/Merritt Parkway as far as you can through CT. It runs parallel with the 95 for a lot of the way, but the road is better, prettier, there's hardly any police (people drive much faster as such) and there's no big trucks :) It's now well served by superchargers too.

Wave as you come past Wilton, CT :D Not sure if you have done that trip before, but I highly recommend taking Route 15/Merritt Parkway as far as you can through CT. It runs parallel with the 95 for a lot of the way, but the road is better, prettier, there's hardly any police (people drive much faster as such) and there's no big trucks :) It's now well served by superchargers too.
You haven't lived until you've seen a soccer mom doing 90 in a Land Rover whipping through traffic on a two-lane road designed for cars that went 40 on a good day...