Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently they have 64 model 3s in inventory and not one S. I keep saying they shut down the line for some reason it’s the only logical explanation that I can think of.
Ah, no, they did not shut down the line. The opposite is true. The reason there is no available S inventory is because they are delivering on the large backlog of S orders held by everyone on this forum.

I ordered my car on Jan 28th 2021. My date has changed at least 6 times. My sales associate has not reached out to me once to let me know the reason for the delays. Reservation RN1144. Midnight Silver Metallic, 19” Wheels, black interior, No FSD.
It is weird hearing about people getting their Long Range cars before me while they have older orders.
A little history.
The first refresh I saw in person was in Vallejo. They had 3 of them

Blue a plaid 21” black interior
White LR 21” cream interior
White LR 21” black interior.

On September 16 I got a message from my Tesla sales advisor asking if I could take delivery of one between the end of October and the end of November because suddenly they got some extras in their inventory. I didn’t say yes quick enough so that didn’t work out.
I was kind of worried I would get one of those many cars sitting outside Tesla Fremont waiting for parts.

I started taking screenshots of my dates.
On September 7 it showed Dec 1 to Jan 1
On October 15 it showed Jan 19 to Feb 18
On October 28 it showed March 16 to April 13.

I got mine before all of the price increases and I have to wonder if they want me to cancel my order by pushing my date out.
Hopefully we can all make some sense of this madness.

I ordered my car on Jan 28th 2021. My date has changed at least 6 times. My sales associate has not reached out to me once to let me know the reason for the delays. Reservation RN1144. Midnight Silver Metallic, 19” Wheels, black interior, No FSD.
It is weird hearing about people getting their Long Range cars before me while they have older orders.
A little history.

On September 16 I got a message from my Tesla sales advisor asking if I could take delivery of one between the end of October and the end of November because suddenly they got some extras in their inventory. I didn’t say yes quick enough so that didn’t work out.
I was kind of worried I would get one of those many cars sitting outside Tesla Fremont waiting for parts.

I got mine before all of the price increases and I have to wonder if they want me to cancel my order by pushing my date out.
I ordered mine exactly the same config in Jun/21 and my current EDD shows Dec 22-31. My EDD changed 4-5 times also and No one contacted me either. I sent an email yesterday to SA (or delivery counterpart) and got a call this morning saying they don't have any inside info regarding EDD change. Really nothing you can do other than waiting.

Delivery Day Today - A short update, along with my honest and factual information. You might recall my post yesterday after spotting my car at the West Palm Beach, Florida delivery center while looking around. I saw several issues of minor to medium concern and sent a polite email to the local Customer Experience Manager who replied many hours later.

This morning I was very pleasantly surprised to be contacted by a local fellow member of this forum who is scheduled for his delivery this Saturday. We both decided to ride together in my daily driver and use Marc G's wonderful checklist to which I added several items of concern to check. Two sets of eyes is a huge addition to my quiver. He is a tremendous asset and we discussed tactical strategy on the ride to pick-up my new chariot. I try hard to treat everyone with respect and it usually pays off. The Tesla delivery and service staff were very aware of my name, concerns, especially upon my visit yesterday and went far beyond positive expectations!! BRAVO!! TMC fellow member I rode with again was a tremendous asset and I plan to help him likewise in 2 days with his pick-up. Tesla staff did a wonderful job addressing my noted issues; these folks were extremely polite, professional and sincerely interested in making me a happy camper. I AM!! Two parts, not of major concern, on backorder were noted
Drive home (17 miles) went smoothly. The yoke experience was a non-issue, which went far better than expected. Regenerative braking is brand new to me and I strongly feel no concern. The short ride home went fine. While all in all, I had a long day, I decided my 1 drive of 17 miles today was fine so I tucked-in my new chariot and will try harder and longer tomorrow.

As a long time pilot and instructor with a forte in "advanced flight-deck automation & the man/machine interface" I've felt for many decades that may lead one to think "what's it doing now, and what might it do in the future" are most always operator error, for the automation is just doing what it was programmed to do!!

Overall, 1st impressions - it's a neat computer on wheels and "I LIKE"!!

Tesla paint is IMHO awful!! Detailer in my opinion did a very lousy prep job, and the paint felt like sandpaper. The detailer went over several areas today and some areas looked and felt better, however I still feel strongly the paint job is greatly "inferior"!!

While all in all it was a positive day, I beg to differ with what many here have stated: "it was well worth the wait" It is a neat machine and I feel sure I will enjoy it; the wait, sorry games, lies, etc. are inexcusable!!

Kind wishes to all...

A little history.

James, your situation is like a couple of others and makes absolutely no sense and seems like the order is 'lost'. My RN was 11456 and my config exactly as yours (and FSD). I ordered on 2/27 and received on 9/24.

Delivery Day Today - A short update, along with my honest and factual information. You might recall my post yesterday after spotting my car at the West Palm Beach, Florida delivery center while looking around. I saw several issues of minor to medium concern and sent a polite email to the local Customer Experience Manager who replied many hours later.

This morning I was very pleasantly surprised to be contacted by a local fellow member of this forum who is scheduled for his delivery this Saturday. We both decided to ride together in my daily driver and use Marc G's wonderful checklist to which I added several items of concern to check. Two sets of eyes is a huge addition to my quiver. He is a tremendous asset and we discussed tactical strategy on the ride to pick-up my new chariot. I try hard to treat everyone with respect and it usually pays off. The Tesla delivery and service staff were very aware of my name, concerns, especially upon my visit yesterday and went far beyond positive expectations!! BRAVO!! TMC fellow member I rode with again was a tremendous asset and I plan to help him likewise in 2 days with his pick-up. Tesla staff did a wonderful job addressing my noted issues; these folks were extremely polite, professional and sincerely interested in making me a happy camper. I AM!! Two parts, not of major concern, on backorder were noted
Drive home (17 miles) went smoothly. The yoke experience was a non-issue, which went far better than expected. Regenerative braking is brand new to me and I strongly feel no concern. The short ride home went fine. While all in all, I had a long day, I decided my 1 drive of 17 miles today was fine so I tucked-in my new chariot and will try harder and longer tomorrow.

As a long time pilot and instructor with a forte in "advanced flight-deck automation & the man/machine interface" I've felt for many decades that may lead one to think "what's it doing now, and what might it do in the future" are most always operator error, for the automation is just doing what it was programmed to do!!

Overall, 1st impressions - it's a neat computer on wheels and "I LIKE"!!

Tesla paint is IMHO awful!! Detailer in my opinion did a very lousy prep job, and the paint felt like sandpaper. The detailer went over several areas today and some areas looked and felt better, however I still feel strongly the paint job is greatly "inferior"!!

While all in all it was a positive day, I beg to differ with what many here have stated: "it was well worth the wait" It is a neat machine and I feel sure I will enjoy it; the wait, sorry games, lies, etc. are inexcusable!!

Kind wishes to all...
Glad you finally got the car… I tend to agree with you, after 7 months of waiting I’m not sure the excitement is really there for me anymore. I just need a car.

Reactions: Air Wind and MEL-22

Kind wishes to all...
Sorry to hear it was good from far but far from good. The paint seems to be a spotty issue. Mine is flawless and I have been all over it and had the car for just over a month and 3,000 kMs. At least welcome to ownership and don't be tempted to pull on the yoke when the traffic gets heavy. Ganbei Captain !

New to the forums figured I would give my order experience.
June order for the MS LR 19” wheels (white ext. with white/walnut interior) , original September delivery.
That pushed to November for a couple weeks and then February 22. I logged into my account a couple weeks ago to find it pushed up to December which was a nice surprise!
And then yesterday all of a sudden I get the email with VIN and asking to pay the full amount and delivery now shows 1-2 weeks away!
I certainly am happy about the delivery date being moved up but the lack of ability to give a more precise time frame has left me scrambling a bit to figure out some financing and get my wall charger installed!
Hopefully the car will have few if any flaws during the delivery process…
@Statix What day did you order on in June and what SC will you be picking up your MS? I ordered on June 8th no vin yet though. I had my wall charger installed a few weeks ago. Congrats.

Reactions: MEL-22
A little history.

Were you potentially put at the back of the line because you didn’t accept the delivery when they offered it? I wonder if they treat that the same as a refusal.

My RN1149 May order (changed Aug) got dropped off at the house after two weeks getting a trunk paint and seal issue repaired. This was caught pre-delivery. MF447 VIN, 10/21 build. Blue / Cream / 19 / LR.

IMG_8854.jpg

What looks like a scratch on the bumper is just some adhesive.

Notes list:
- One pinch/bunch point in the front passenger seat. None in the rear or driver.
- Small bits of adhesive here and there.
- Passenger side doors are slightly stairstepped on the top trim. Very slight. Driver side is totally level. Interior rear door cards are totally aligned.
- Worm is barely visible, didn't see it until hitting it with an off-angle flashlight.
- All accessories (trunk parts, charger, mats, etc) except the rear license plate frame.
- Wood is nice and not cracked.
- No marks in the interior
- No excess wax or anything (though would be nice to get more adhesive cleanup, that stuff just takes time)
- Outgassing film on the windshield was... brutal. Took a lot of passes to get it driveable in the setting sun.

Really nothing of note wrong with it - can't even find the trunk repair point. Came freshly supercharged to 80% (well, 75% after the delivery drive). I did make an appointment (25 days out, ugh) to see if they do want to tweak the doors or the seat, give me the license plate frame, and in case other things come up in that period.

I may need to sort out paperwork, since I'm not sure I actually e-signed any of the title application stuff since I kicked out of the esign flow with selecting "in person", and don't have a record of that form in the document drawer in the account.

Apologize in advance if the wrong thread:
How does one know who their SA is? I’ve had some generic communication via email regarding next steps etc but there is no name or SA (let alone how to get ahold of such a person) within said email.
Among other questions, I just today realized in my order process (several months ago) my profile showed an older address in a different state. It’s easy to throw a $100 down and sort out the details later😁
Now that a VIN has been issued and they are looking for payment I realize I may have screwed myself.

Given the news around the new $8k federal tax credit for EVs only applies to vehicles which are received by customers in 2022, I'm tempted to call my SA and ask him to defer my order to Jan 1st or later.

OTOH, I'm pretty sure that my RN1154 will slip to 2022 all on its own without me taking any steps...
Not sure the details of the agreed plan have been released yet, but the last proposal I thought there was a limit on the car price and your income. I remember reading it and shrugging because I wouldn't be eligible.

Reactions: Tigers and GrnSqrl
Given the news around the new $8k federal tax credit for EVs only applies to vehicles which are received by customers in 2022, I'm tempted to call my SA and ask him to defer my order to Jan 1st or later.

OTOH, I'm pretty sure that my RN1154 will slip to 2022 all on its own without me taking any steps...
Highly doubtful that any model S would qualify, i.e. MSRP be under the vehicle pricing cap that ultimately would be prescribed in the final bill. Assuming the cap is a “generous“ $80k, only the pre price hikes base orders without any additions would fall under that category.