Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, interesting, that I ordered a Model S LR and now Tesla is just calling it a Model S. If Tesla, is coming out with an updated Model S LR, am I not getting what I originally ordered? Does not make any sense if that is correct and seems like bait and switch. Will be really annoyed if there is an updated LR coming soon, when I pickup my Model S LR hopefully this month.
Same was done with the Model X and also removed "Standard Range" from the Model 3. I think it's just a change in naming. I wouldn't worry. But I wonder if in the future they'll bring back the "Long Range" to the 4680 variant.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
So, interesting, that I ordered a Model S LR and now Tesla is just calling it a Model S. If Tesla, is coming out with an updated Model S LR, am I not getting what I originally ordered? Does not make any sense if that is correct and seems like bait and switch. Will be really annoyed if there is an updated LR coming soon, when I pickup my Model S LR hopefully this month.
Speculation is that current /2021 LR becomes standard range at 405 miles and that there is a new LR coming in 2022 with range >405, to compete with Lucid. You will still get what you bought/signed up for. Just passing on what I read in the main thread.

Ok, we should all be quiet in here until we get a vin. I was just sharing as someone asked what the page and email said. I will quiet myself now, thanks
no no lol. I was just saying what that page is. you'd get a page like @cwanja posted which says pay final balance when you've been fully matched. the page you posted is that there are still profile items to complete.

Speculation is that current /2021 LR becomes standard range at 405 miles and that there is a new LR coming in 2022 with range >405, to compete with Lucid. You will still get what you bought/signed up for. Just passing on what I read in the main thread.
Interesting. So I assume that would be priced in between Plaid and current LR. No thanks. 405 range is enough for me especially at $79K :)

Completed my weekly call to Tesla to see if I could shake any information loose. One amusing nugget came out of it - the SA said he wished that people couldn’t share their delivery information with each other… I politely said it feels like the real issue is that Tesla fulfills July orders when April and earlier orders remain outstanding, not the fact that we are allowed to talk about bad corporate behavior (what is this, the USSR?).

So here I sit with a Nov 11 to Dec 09 EDD that feels like it’ll get pushed again, or at best I’ll take delivery on the back end. RN1147, MSM, Cream, 19s, no FSD, April 1st order.

These last 7 months have been a real beat down.

Same was done with the Model X and also removed "Standard Range" from the Model 3. I think it's just a change in naming. I wouldn't worry.
But I wonder if in the future they'll bring back the "Long Range" to the 4680 variant.
More details from Electrek...

"It’s not clear what changes have led to the updated range. However, when it comes to the Model 3 Standard Range, which is not being called “Standard Range” anymore, Tesla recently announced that it is moving all “standard range” vehicles to LFP batteries. It could explain the change. We will update if we get more information."

Reactions: Sparty1285
Beginning to wonder if these new multi-month slips are the new "February" bug. Where the date moves forward many months and then snaps back days later to the same range and or the same range plus / minus a few days. Might include a VIN
Being from the Midwest, I actually don't mind that much. Getting a new car in the middle of our crummy winters would put a damper on things. lol

Reactions: cwanja
Completed my weekly call to Tesla to see if I could shake any information loose. One amusing nugget came out of it - the SA said he wished that people couldn’t share their delivery information with each other… I politely said it feels like the real issue is that Tesla fulfills July orders when April and earlier orders remain outstanding, not the fact that we are allowed to talk about bad corporate behavior (what is this, the USSR?).

So here I sit with a Nov 11 to Dec 09 EDD that feels like it’ll get pushed again, or at best I’ll take delivery on the back end. RN1147, MSM, Cream, 19s, no FSD, April 1st order.

These last 7 months have been a real beat down.
Yep, agree with your rant, same configuration as yours except I will get FSD.