Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I ordered on June 8th. Black Ext. Black Int. FSD 19 inch wheels. I got this text message from Tesla delivery and was wondering if this actually means my EDD is solid this time. View attachment 728957
Nope. Doesn't mean anything. I was texting the same stuff with my delivery advisor when I had an EDD of Oct 17-Nov 8.
As I got closer, my EDD changed to a few weeks later regardless.

I called Tesla yesterday to confirm if my car was already built and the likelihood of my 11/16-20 delivery range.

He confirmed my car is already built (hence my 2021 MF VIN), so it may have been one of the ones in the drone video. He also confirmed that it's due to arrive at my local service center on the 16th, so the range is more for scheduling than actual arrival. That's good, as I've only got a 5-day window to get it before I leave for my road trip.

The only real remaining issue with cutting it this close is I will likely not be able to get PPF installed before the trip. I guess I'll cross my fingers that the multi-coat white holds up better than my plain white 🤞

He also mentioned I should be getting a text message soon about scheduling the actual delivery handoff. Has anyone gotten one of those during the delivery process? I haven't gotten mine, so I'm wondering when and if to expect it.
My delivery windows starts one week from tomorrow. Was considering calling myself. Did you call Tesla or your local delivery SC?

Tesla makes 20 or 30 changes every week. They don't do "model years" with big changes... just continuous incremental improvements.
Not trying to be a troll. Might you have any idea of what any changes have been since production May-ish? I think they’ve better or fully aligned the interior driver rear Tim which had a gap early on. Maybe even introduced the yoke worm, and removed various mats (that are sent at layer dates). Any knowledge or ideas about any changes? Thanks!

Reactions: chrisdh79
Someone is going to get lucky. I had to unlatch my vin. There was just no way I could take delivery while on a trip. To top it off I am in the process of moving. So I just punted it to much later so one less thing to have to move.

As a side note for anyone having to do this, Tesla was pretty easy to work with. There was more flexibility than I thought in some ways, it wasn't just bump until the next available car or 3 months as the only two options. Basically I was able to say I can't take the car now, but mark me as ineligible for delivery before a specific date.

I don't know how far you could push that out, maybe 3 months is the limit. I had no problem with going about 7 weeks and saying I am good anytime after that point. They said they can't guarantee anything on that specific date but unless I had a very unique combo, I should get a notice with the new EDD. They said usually it is about a 2 week window but can be as short as a week.

Hopefully this will help others. I ordered in May and would have had my MSLR in less than 6 months from my original order. If they didn't have that stoppage many of us would have had them a long time ago.
Thank you. I considered ordering a Y for more wife, her lease is up in august. This makes it tempting to order and the mount until ready. Thank you!

Not trying to be a troll. Might you have any idea of what any changes have been since production May-ish? I think they’ve better or fully aligned the interior driver rear Tim which had a gap early on. Maybe even introduced the yoke worm, and removed various mats (that are sent at layer dates). Any knowledge or ideas about any changes? Thanks!
They are usually extremely minor and inconsequential things. Think changing a screw head format for faster installation, or changing the stitch size on the seats to sew faster. It's usually not stuff that you'd ever notice or care about. The more substantial changes are relatively few and far between.