Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like the push-back to Feb that many of us saw this week might just be a continuation of the earlier glitch that many experienced a while back, with the reports of people now getting VINs after getting the big push-back. At least that's what I'm hoping...

My car had (supposedly) been slated for a build date between Dec 9-12, so I was hoping to get a VIN sometime around the end of November. I'm anxiously checking my Tesla Account 100 times a day (like many others have been doing for months). I've also began looking at the Source Code to detect a VIN before it shows up on my account page.

With the reports of the first couple of 2022 VINS, I'm cautiously optimistic that I could see the perfect outcome (a 2022 VIN and an actually EDD later in December). We'll see...

@pvdoug is also following the same exact pattern: same configs and similar locale (except we are a few hours south of you). My prediction is that our EDDs will be unchanged tomorrow, and on the following day, will change for the worse. Yep, I am such an optimist...

Yep! Exactly as predicted: 2nd day into my EDD and pushed back. This time, however, I was only pushed back 2 days. I actually find that encouraging.

@Jet007 @pvdoug : did you guys get a similar push back?

Got a VIN! NF459
6/3 order, RN11508
MSM/Black/21”/No FSD
SoCal

EDD November 19 - November 28. Got a text last week confirming if I’d be okay with home delivery and where to park it!

Attachments

• A2AF67CF-CA10-4BBB-B8D4-C698ACB204DC.jpeg
    A2AF67CF-CA10-4BBB-B8D4-C698ACB204DC.jpeg
    309.3 KB · Views: 62
how on earth. I have a contact in devon and have placed that as a second pickup location. Ordered in feb. congrats but my god
Thanks!!! No idea🤷🏻‍♂️. What is your configuration? Any changes made after Initial order? You are no alone. I have been messaging another Gentleman local to Devon who ordered in early January. He just received his VIN. May be good news for you.

Fun fact for those like me who are moaning about 21 vs. 22 VINs... I've done some tire kicking on selling my 18 M3 (bought Nov '18). Turns out the '18 trades slightly higher than a comparable '19 would... because the "annual" mileage is lower (keep in mind I am a low-mileage driver generally, 18k miles in 3 years, there just ain't much New England to New England). KBB gives me an extra grand on value for the 2018.

So, swings and roundabouts. Your late late 2021 model year may actually trade a little higher.