Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need five posts and or five reaction scores. Post some more and gave you a thumbs up.
Chris, you have a pick up scheduled? Yay!
1637369958739.gif

Sadly, 4SUPER9's post was prescient. At least for me.
MODEL S RN1151 DEPOSIT/PROFILE 23JUN WHITE EXT BLACK INT 19” NO FSD NO TOW NO FSD EDD: WAS 19NOV-3DEC NOW 9DEC-31DEC
Ugh, I was only pushed back 2 days, to a new EDD of tomorrow. You were pushed back 3 weeks, which, since we have been following each other, does not bode well for me.

Yeah double check, at this point you could be missing the back parcel shelf, the back trunk shelf, USB ports and wireless charging, and who knows what else they’re going to remove from these cars just to get them out the door…. 🤣🤣🤣

Make sure you get all that stuff, including fobs, key cards, right charging equipment etc.
Count your motors before leaving…. Just saying 😀

@cwanja some more datapoints for you - I am MF4545 - spoke with an SA today to update some registration details. He confirmed again that 1) he is aware of the firmware hold 2) he reviewed my car's notes carefully and confirmed that it was NOT included in the delivery hold.

Now this is not conclusive obviously - maybe they don't update and implement the holds until the car arrives and is inspected at the DC for example. Just sharing what I can.
Welp. That throws my entire range out of wack. I always thought it would not be every VIN. Seems like, from other posts, the firmware is set to be released. Every one enjoy their vehicles! Sorry to @timdorr 😕

Not sure where they got that 2,000 vehicle figure from. I’d say that was more likely if it included 3s and Y’s. It may be correct, just seems like a lot to me.
VINs are sequential across product lines. My DA said they have 20 cars waiting on this update at their SC alone, and they're not even the busiest location in Atlanta. But multiply that by the number of SCs (I believe it's about 150) and we're in the right order of magnitude.

Count your motors before leaving…. Just saying 😀
Funny story, when I got my first Tesla back in 2012, Georgia's registration forms didn't accommodate electric vehicles. The lady behind the counter said the computer wouldn't let her enter 0 for the number of cylinders in my engine. So, I am the former owner of a 1 cylinder EV according to GA's records. I even got a piston to throw in my frunk as a joke.

For those of you with VINs and a delivery appointment scheduled, you are able to call the 800 number and they can confirm whether or not your car has left Fremont and is in transit. They can’t tell you exactly where the car is in transit, but they can confirm whether or not it has left Fremont and is on the way to your service center. I just called the number to ask about my order and they were able to tell me this. (888) 518-3752
Can confirm. Called and all they could say was in transit somewhere.

Reactions: MEL-22
Just received my NF458 VIN for RN1152 order 7/1! Does adding insurance immediately vs in a few days affect delivery time? Also does it take 10 days on avg from VIN assignment to delivery?
When you say “just received” …what time do you think this vin was assigned to you? I literally check my account about 45 times a day just for fun. Do you do the same and it just showed up now or are you only checking your account once every few days like some kind of weirdo?

When you say “just received” …what time do you think this vin was assigned to you? I literally check my account about 45 times a day just for fun. Do you do the same and it just showed up now or are you only checking your account once every few days like some kind of weirdo?
I checked it like very often recently and must've been 30 min-1h since I received it.

I’m not sure which is worse. Waiting for the VIN or waiting for the car to arrive.:)
They are equal, just bad in different ways. Waiting for a VIN is a real psychological Rollercoaster. Some days you're up and imagining it will be any day now. Others you're in the dark place, thinking it's never going to happen and there will be no car for you.

Once you have a VIN, it's just the torture of waiting, like a kid waiting for Christmas. You know it's coming and when, you're just counting the days...

Thanks for helping me to feel more normal now. 😆😆

Just to keep this running, a Plaid MF4534 on Reddit confirmed it is on hold as well. So the range expands.

MF4534 to 4546 so far. Again, not sure if every vehicle in the range is included. We would be over 1000 vehicles at this point.

I took delivery of a MF4535 last Saturday. No contact from anyone at Tesla. Only issues I have had is the instrument panel went blank for about 15 second once while driving and I have a notification that there is no memory stick installed for Sentry mode but there is. Stick does record.. Car has been in the shop for ceramic and tint since Tuesday afternoon. Have not contacted service yet because it’s in the shop. Not sure what this all means for me.