Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is going the opposite direction. 11/23-12/7 moved to 12/11-12/25 this morning. Frustrating.

No VIN

EDD just pushed from 11/24 - 12/19 to 12/15 - 12/29. I'm now in a two week window, so fingers crossed for a VIN coming soon!

RN1153 | OD 07/14/2021 | MSLR | Red Multi-Coat | 19" Tempest Wheels | Cream | EDD 12/15-12/29
I ordered the same exact configuration as you, on May 11 2021 ( RN1149 ). My EDD is 12/10-12/31. Let's hope Santa Musk delivers a big red set of wheels under the Xmas tree for both of us. ;)

You're thinking the wrong side of the margin. Their goal isn't to sell the most expensive cars, it's to make the least expensive cars.

The folks in the factory have no idea of what the sticker price is on the vehicle. They just want to make it as quickly as possible with the least amount of loss to errors. The sales org is completely divorced from this process, so they have almost no say in the production ordering, good or bad.
I did not intend to say that the factory workers or the sales/delivery personnel were not interested is getting cars to the customers as quick as possible. I will say after being in manufacturing for over 40 years I know scheduling and procurement are more focused on cash flow to the company. Lets order 21" wheels first and get the $4500 adder to the bottom line. Deliver plaid first that is a big plus for the bottom line and publicity. I know it is just the way companies work. I don't like it but it is reality.

Update on my delivery: Was not provided interior floor mats/cargo mats/shelf or anything of that sort. (No wonder they were so adamant about not allowing me to pick up the car vs home delivery) Will post pictures when it's brighter outside.

Two out of three Tesla DA's agree, customers less likely to reject the car when it is dumped in their driveway....

Or so I imagine...

Update on my delivery: Was not provided interior floor mats/cargo mats/shelf or anything of that sort. (No wonder they were so adamant about not allowing me to pick up the car vs home delivery) Will post pictures when it's brighter outside.
They'll be coming in the next OTA update :D

But, that's normal at the moment. You'll get em eventually. I'd rather them be delivering cars than waiting on floor mats with how crazy supply chain is right now.

Blk/blk, 19”, no fsd. I just called the 1-800 number and the polite gentleman told me his system shows a December delivery so in line with the new edd. The funny thing is I live 15 minutes away from the factory lol Fingers crossed
Yeah, for you it’s the 19 inch wheels that held you up. I spoke to a SA at their Santa Monica location and asked why June delivery now for 21s and October for 19s. He’s probably just as knowledgeable as any (which is to say not very) but he confirmed it’s to drive additional revenue and move people into the higher profit optioned cars.

Aaaaaand here comes another thumbs down from “the giver of dislikes” 😂

Picked up my LR 19’s White/Black that I ordered last year today. Only got to drive for about 8 miles, as was getting PPF on hood, ceramic wax, tinting and glassparency. Delivery sure is not the experience you get when you buy a BMW. No help showing you anything or setting things up. Tesla needs to do a better job with this, especially when it is your first Tesla and is totally different than a BMW, Porsche/Mercedes. Not very good, when you are spending $95k plus.

Will see how I like it so, when I get to drive it longer and learn all the features. So far, definitely is not as luxurious as my previous 5 Series in the interior, seats are nowhere near as good as BMW MultiContour seats, headrest does not move (at least I don’t think it does). Not sure it drives as well either, but way too early to make any more judgements. Will report back once I have driven for longer than 10 minutes. :)

If I would have had a chance to test drive it, I am not sure I would have purchased it to replace my BMW, but we shall see. Sure hope I end up loving it as much as my BMW 5’s.
The delivery experience would be shameful for a cheap Korean import let alone a $95k car. But they get away with it because the car is just so damn good.

It takes a while to get used to the regenerative braking. The acceleration takes one stab of the go pedal to be hooked for life. Once you get the hang of the regen you’ll wonder how BMW stays in business. Enjoy the ride!

i was delivered 9/13..they told me to wait for the missing mats and cargo area. well 3 weeks later car needed service (airbag sensor) and the service people (i asked what can be done) setup a ranger delivery of all the missing parts. i would probably still be waiting if i was not proactive. consider contacting service. car feels complete now lol

Just wanted to report back. Took delivery yesterday. This is my first Tesla but 3rd EV. My other car is an x7.
Initial impressions, luxury does not compare. Will drive it a bit more to understand and get comfortable.
Delivery was a breeze. Car came with a couple of scratches on the front fender, have a service appointment for it. Have not pushed the car yet, for 0-60 etc.
The yoke was not a problem at all, was able to use the indicators no issues there. Initially had to figure where left and right was, that’s about it.
But from what I see, it’s a stark improvement from previous S’es. Ride quality and cabin noise are notably better.
Good luck to the folks waiting. Saw quite a few S’es getting ready for delivery at Fremont, fwiw.
Cheers!