Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 11.35.51 PM.png

For what it is worth, I think the manual still crashes on .24 😕🤪
At least I'll be able to view my Sentry events and/or dashcam footage on 24. Nothing is more annoying than having to wait to get home to unplug the drive then go view it on the computer and then come back and plug the drive back in.

Wait there's a rear entertainment issue too? I didn't even know- kids watched netflix yesterday. What is the issue with the rear?

XM radio I am not sure will be included- there were some Model S's after the last refresh that took out the satellite radio antenna, not sure if they never put it back after MCU2. Currently I'm using the sirius XM app through the phone's bluetooth which honestly is cheaper and has many more channels than siriusXM hardware ever did

Peter

My mulroney “sticker” clearly says “HD FM radio with SiriusXM”. Tesla told me is a software issue and assured me the hardware is in the car (Plaid in my case).

Hey guys. How about the instrument cluster... Think we will get our options to see music, tire pressure and phone info again? Seems like a blank space without the nav on. This and no dashcam viewer are bugging me!
I miss the odometer reading there too. It would be a good place to put trip info also, assuming we can actually reset Trip A & B in the next firmware update. Dashcam viewer is available by voice command only now. I liked the way we could put what we wanted left & right on the instrument panel in the older Model Ss & Xs, however I do like the bigger traffic display.

Reactions: cwanja
Not sure if this has been mentioned. On today’s (8/15/21) podcast of Ride the Lightning, Ryan said he received an email which contained evidence that the refreshed Model S did not contain the necessary hardware (motors) to ever allow for screen tilting and a software update will never add that capability.
Did they say what the evidence was? Maybe someone should order the display mechanism assembly to see what it is/can do? From the parts catalog:

1629078534974.png

Mechanism sounds like something that moves, and $90 doesn't seem really cheap for something that small. (The left/right brackets #7/#8 are only $8.) And it looks like two motors mounted on the back of it to me.

Edit: Though they are probably correct, there is no tilt function to the mechanism, it is likely a swivel function. (Tilt is an up/down motion.)

Last edited:
Reactions: cwanja
Not sure if this has been mentioned. On today’s (8/15/21) podcast of Ride the Lightning, Ryan said he received an email which contained evidence that the refreshed Model S did not contain the necessary hardware (motors) to ever allow for screen tilting and a software update will never add that capability.
I guess my bigger question is - what is their track record of reporting things like this and being accurate?

I can’t find any mention of it in the features list in the order page.
Just passing it on…
You decide on its validity.
He mentioned it here at 1:03:24