Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Def no mention of til on site now. I really don't understand why everyone cares so much about the screen tilting. I have been using it for 2 months now and see no need at all for it. More parts to break, more stuff to fuddle with, no need.

I'm 6' tall, and I like to sit close and high relative to the dash for a good line of sight over the hood. The far side of the screen feels like it's a mile away while I'm driving and the UI appears skewed from my perspective. Screen tilt would greatly improve UI interaction for me.

Here's a silly question. Is there a quick way to unlock the doors from within the S without going into the controls menu? I know on the 3 and Y there's a little lock icon, but that is missing on the S. I've tried hitting park multiple times and that doesn't seem to unlock (present) the door handles to outsiders. Thanks!

Voice command?

Reactions: Maximus023
Re: tilt motors, money where my mouth is.

92F31380-67DB-4E50-AB46-ED7D02C51358.jpeg

BB979014-1CEF-4581-9E4F-4676A3141B40.jpeg

With 2021.24.3 did anyone get the dashcam stuff that is actually listed on the release notes? Smart summon working for anyone?
no, i did not see it. glad im not the only one questioning this. I haven't really tried summon yet so can't answer that one.

i also did not get the autopark feature... annoying trying to figure out why that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: nilesborg
Does anyone else keep seeing "Navigate on autopilot" and "Traffic light and stop sign control beta" go gray/disabled? I've had it on and working a couple times before… I'm on wifi and maps appear to be up to date. I've also tried normal and advanced for software updates.
Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 3.56.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 3.56.11 PM.png

Does anyone else keep seeing "Navigate on autopilot" and "Traffic light and stop sign control beta" go gray/disabled? I've had it on and working a couple times before… I'm on wifi and maps appear to be up to date. I've also tried normal and advanced for software updates.
View attachment 698816View attachment 698817
@Maximus023 Click the double click option. You only have single click autopilot enabled, bro.

Reactions: Maximus023
@Maximus023 Click the double click option. You only have single click autopilot enabled, bro.

That's not it. I use single click. I had the same issue after my software mess-up. After Nav re-downloaded, several hours later this ungreyed. @Maximus023 I'd reach out to Tesla and have them re-send you the nav data. Get that re-installed, and then a few hours later that should fix itself.

Might be a stupid question but have you tried checking it when parked? Think mine was grayed out when I tried to access it while driving. But could be wrong...

Yeah that option is to turn it on with a single or double click.
That's not it. I use single click. I had the same issue after my software mess-up. After Nav re-downloaded, several hours later this ungreyed. @Maximus023 I'd reach out to Tesla and have them re-send you the nav data. Get that re-installed, and then a few hours later that should fix itself.
Ugh, okay at least you got them to fix it. Did you reach out via their phone app? Thanks!

In a normal scenario, I would tell you to park it, connect it to WiFi and try and reboot it. But with the factory reset bug looming out there, I would only advise rebooting right now in a literal emergency. You could try the “power off” button and let it sit for three to five minutes and then press the brake to wake it up.

In a normal scenario, I would tell you to park it, connect it to WiFi and try and reboot it. But with the factory reset bug looming out there, I would only advise rebooting right now in a literal emergency. You could try the “power off” button and let it sit for three to five minutes and then press the brake to wake it up.
What’s the factory reset bug and when does it happen??? It sounds very inconvenient!